Your Cyproheptadine experience?

FitnessMike

there are plenty of anti-stress/serotonin substances that we know of over here, but they do vary in strength and how quickly we build a tolerance to them.

I wonder how good did it work for you and if you build a tolerance to it.

Lampshard

Very vivid, intense dreams, curiously enough related to a traumatic event from the past involving a car crash, as if the brain was somehow releasing thought patterns it had hid/stocked. Other than that, slightly increased appetite, maybe a bit less stressed. Haidut's brand. I took it for like two weeks, between one and four drops, by the end the dreams had normalized, will soon go on another cycle of it. I think it's a substance that everyone has to experiment a bit with, as it seems to have permanent beneficial effects in some cases.

Aby_2021

there are plenty of anti-stress/serotonin substances that we know of over here, but they do vary in strength and how quickly we build a tolerance to them.

I wonder how good did it work for you and if you build a tolerance to it.
I recently took 2mg before bed, was very calm next morning. However it made me sleepy all day, and that's not something I enjoyed

mostlylurking

Cyproheptadine lowers serotonin; if it is lowered in the gut then constipation can result. Happened to me.

Thiamine lowers serotonin in the brain:

Serotonin turnover has been investigated in regional brain areas of rats made thiamine deficient by pyrithiamine (PT). Following intracisternal injection of [14C]5-hydroxytryptamine ([14C]5-HT), a marked increase in the accumulation of [14C]5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid ([14C]5-HIAA) was found in the medulla-pons, hypothalamus and cerebral cortex. [14C]5-HT levels were normal in all of the brain areas except the cerebral cortex which had an increase of 58%. The ratio of [14C]5-HIAA/[14C]5-HT was significantly increased in every brain region of PT-treated rats except the cerebral cortex. Part of this increase in [14C]5-HIAA was shown to be due to impairment of active transport of this 5-HT metabolite out of the brain. However, increased 5-HT synthesis in the cerebellum, hypothalamus, striatum, hippocampus and cerebral cortex was demonstrated by measurement of 5-HT accumulation after inhibition of brain monoamine oxidase. PT-induced increase in endogenous 5-HIAA in the medulla-pons occurred simultaneously with the onset of neurological signs and both parameters were reversible by thiamine administration. These results suggest that acute thiamine deficiency, induced by PT, both increases brain 5-HT synthesis and impairs 5-HIAA efflux from the brain. There is a close correlation between neurological manifestations and changes in brain 5-HT metabolism in acute thiamine deficiency.

full text link: Effect of thiamine deficiency on brain serotonin turnover

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Cyproheptadine lowers serotonin; if it is lowered in the gut then constipation can result. Happened to me.

Serotonin turnover has been investigated in regional brain areas of rats made thiamine deficient by pyrithiamine (PT). Following intracisternal injection of [14C]5-hydroxytryptamine ([14C]5-HT), a marked increase in the accumulation of [14C]5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid ([14C]5-HIAA) was found in the medulla-pons, hypothalamus and cerebral cortex. [14C]5-HT levels were normal in all of the brain areas except the cerebral cortex which had an increase of 58%. The ratio of [14C]5-HIAA/[14C]5-HT was significantly increased in every brain region of PT-treated rats except the cerebral cortex. Part of this increase in [14C]5-HIAA was shown to be due to impairment of active transport of this 5-HT metabolite out of the brain. However, increased 5-HT synthesis in the cerebellum, hypothalamus, striatum, hippocampus and cerebral cortex was demonstrated by measurement of 5-HT accumulation after inhibition of brain monoamine oxidase. PT-induced increase in endogenous 5-HIAA in the medulla-pons occurred simultaneously with the onset of neurological signs and both parameters were reversible by thiamine administration. These results suggest that acute thiamine deficiency, induced by PT, both increases brain 5-HT synthesis and impairs 5-HIAA efflux from the brain. There is a close correlation between neurological manifestations and changes in brain 5-HT metabolism in acute thiamine deficiency.

Yes i noticed worse bowel movement since i restarted cypro yesterday, but assuming that i won't build tolerance, it should help with tolerating me thyroid(in combination with aspirin and coffee)

ever since started thyroid glandular, and seeing positive effects during the day, it fragment my sleep a lot, im assuming is due to "intensifying" adrenaline sensitivity.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I recently took 2mg before bed, was very calm next morning. However it made me sleepy all day, and that's not something I enjoyed
yes i had same today, the slow whole day, but my pulse was really good so its win or me.

mostlylurking

Yes i noticed worse bowel movement since i restarted cypro yesterday, but assuming that i won't build tolerance, it should help with tolerating me thyroid(in combination with aspirin and coffee)

ever since started thyroid glandular, and seeing positive effects during the day, it fragment my sleep a lot, im assuming is due to "intensifying" adrenaline sensitivity.
If you are hypothyroid, natural desiccated thyroid will improve your sleep. If you are taking too high a dose of it, it can hinder your sleep. Difficulty sleeping is a sign that your thyroid med is too high. Do a search for "symptoms of taking too much thyroid medication".

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

did any of you build tolerance to cypro?

skittles

The pros didn't outweigh the cons in my personal experience. A little bump in mood and felt more laid back than usual.
I've tried it a handful of times for a couple consecutive weeks at a time, but I think I'm done experimenting with it now.

Every time, I would get some crazy lethargy. Foggy headed, no interest in doing anything except watching movies. I needed like 12 hours of sleep every night, and even as low as 2mg would make me groggy for two days straight. And my food satiation switch just gets shut off. I could eat three days worth of food in one day, and my belly would be sore from overeating before I felt satiated, no matter what I ate.

It's powerful stuff, but it's not for everyone I guess.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

The pros didn't outweigh the cons in my personal experience. A little bump in mood and felt more laid back than usual.
I've tried it a handful of times for a couple consecutive weeks at a time, but I think I'm done experimenting with it now.

Every time, I would get some crazy lethargy. Foggy headed, no interest in doing anything except watching movies. I needed like 12 hours of sleep every night, and even as low as 2mg would make me groggy for two days straight. And my food satiation switch just gets shut off. I could eat three days worth of food in one day, and my belly would be sore from overeating before I felt satiated, no matter what I ate.

It's powerful stuff, but it's not for everyone I guess.
yes man i feel you.

Cypro seems to be a tool, if your got high rt3 and don't or barely tolerate thyroid meds, that could be the right tool innit.

I wonder if people build tolerance as i do.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

bump

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Did you notice that it lowered pulse drastically?

JanW55

Forum Supporter
Extremely powerful in my case! More so than diphenhydramine/Benadryl even. If I am having tremendous seasonal allergies and nasal congestion issues and cannot sleep lying down due to all the gagging and smarmy mucus-choking, I will resort to a drop of @haidut liquid cypro (externally applied on back of hand).

Even with this, taking as small a dose as possible, it's still enough to knock me out and cause a "hangover" the next day after sleeping for hours in a deep state of whatever-it-is (without nasal congestion at least, thankfully); however, I find it constipating and drying-out to the "innards" so to speak, so besides the over-sedation there is THAT to deal with for a couple of days.

So, a last resort and I wish it were less "overkill" in my case. With my insomnia issues it is a help on occasion, to get some sleep at least.

Note: aspirin is really better for mucus combat and doesn't have the sedated aftereffects or drying-out.

mostlylurking

Did you notice that it lowered pulse drastically?
When I was at my sickest with thiamine deficiency/functional blockage, my temperature was a full degree below normal in the afternoon and my pulse was erratic (all over the place). Thiamine normalized my body temperature and my pulse. I can't say that it lowered my pulse drastically, rather it normalized it.

Tachycardia (fast pulse) can be a sign of dysautonomia which is the result of thiamine deficiency/functional blockage.