Your Biggest 'peat Diet' Mistake?

ddjd

Diphenhydramine. Permanently inflamed / red eyes since I took it

Xisca

The biggest diet mistake is to not believe in diet and have to use so many supps, just look at the titles of most threads!
Taking progest-e did not solve anything and i am glad i did not try thyroid, as i have symptoms but not low labs.
Some people really need thyroid, shown by labs, but others do not.

I heard labs are not as important as pulse and temp and feeling
I would not translate you as "take thyroid even if your labs say not to"...
I have finally understood while reading tpauk forum and the thyroid book they advise, that:
- never take thyroid before solving adrenal problems
- it is useless to take thyroid if your problem is not the amount of hormone but the insensitivity of the cells!
Yes labs are important: they will help to understand what type of hypo you have and if you will benefit from taking something, or tank your system.

Maybe a diet is good for you if it allows you to get rid of supps?
And I make a difference between temporary use and permanent use. It is not easy to know when you have to get off a supp, when is the right moment. With food, you can more easily rely on your feeling, likings and cravings, though it can be disrupted too...

milk_lover

The biggest diet mistake is to not believe in diet and have to use so many supps, just look at the titles of most threads!
Taking progest-e did not solve anything and i am glad i did not try thyroid, as i have symptoms but not low labs.
Some people really need thyroid, shown by labs, but others do not.
Yeah before people used to talk about diet a lot in this forum but the shift has changed drastically since I joined and everybody is talking about supplements now. Not to sound hypocrite, I use supplements from time to time like pregnenolone, DHEA, aspirin, etc., but still diet should come before any supplement. Thanks for the reminder Xisca!

Xisca

You welcome and thanks for confirming the feeling! Maybe the mistake could be confusing "from time to time" with permanent? I have seen comments like "It did me good, but then I pushed it too far"

milk_lover

You welcome and thanks for confirming the feeling! Maybe the mistake could be confusing "from time to time" with permanent? I have seen comments like "It did me good, but then I pushed it too far"
This always happens to me.. When I like a supplement, I keep using it indefinitely until it backfires on me.. Maybe those supplements are meant to be used sparingly as needed.. This is what I have failed to understand and I still fall under this mistake. Supplements are too tempting and I am naturally an experimental guy.. So it's easy for me to fall victim to them..

Xisca

This always happens to me.. When I like a supplement, I keep using it indefinitely until it backfires on me.. Maybe those supplements are meant to be used sparingly as needed.. This is what I have failed to understand and I still fall under this mistake. Supplements are too tempting and I am naturally an experimental guy.. So it's easy for me to fall victim to them..
Yes! You find a solution and just go on... Maybe another mistake there is also lazyness! If you just open tetra bricks for eating, you have more time to spend on the forum, sitting on a chair and not burning your energy! And then adrenaline goes up in the talks! lol then you burn your energy lol again.
Eating fresh food and fresh veggies is not for tired people... I must admit I lost some desire of cooking by going fruit high... Bananas are so nice to be just peeled and eaten!

milk_lover

Yes! You find a solution and just go on... Maybe another mistake there is also lazyness! If you just open tetra bricks for eating, you have more time to spend on the forum, sitting on a chair and not burning your energy! And then adrenaline goes up in the talks! lol then you burn your energy lol again.
Eating fresh food and fresh veggies is not for tired people... I must admit I lost some desire of cooking by going fruit high... Bananas are so nice to be just peeled and eaten!
At least you got cooking going for you, I am a coke and milk guy in snacks with lunch and dinner at restaurants outside. Two big meals, starch based, with muscle meat. I am not creative when it comes to food. I just eat whatever tastes good to me without much PUFA. Bananars are freaking delicious when the peels are spotted with black dots. The reason I go out for lunch and dinner is mainly to be eating with my friends and have fun. However sometimes I cook at home some traditional meal from my country and invite them over but this only happens maximum twice monthly..

squanch

Sure, yeah, but it was disgusting! I know someone warned me about it and said he was doing better off all the milk. I was pretty unhealthy back then. I don't drink any milk. Cheese is where it's at! Already broken down. If I had access to raw milk I'd certainly try that again though. That was back before my health crashed and was doing pretty well on it, but just one glass a day.
Raw goats milk does the same thing to my tongue + gives me some skin issues.
Absolutely no problems with goat cheese, even in absurdly large amounts. There's just something in the whey portion of milk that causes trouble for a lot of people, raw or not doesn't really make a difference in my experience.

Last edited:
L

lollipop

At 230 lbs now I want to get back to a lean 200, though aside from the spare tire this chubster feels great.
I find this a bit of a conundrum in RP hemisphere. People (not everyone) seem to gain weight feel BETTER - here @sladerunner69 says “great”, and then try to slim down. Do you guys (asking anyone reading this) feel better slimmer? I am genuinely curious, where is that line? That Midpoint between: “healthy, feel great, but too much weight gain” with “slimmer, body temp colder, don’t feel as great but definitely slimmer” ?

sladerunner69

I eat a serving of muscle meat every day or every other day, but it's always eaten with both milk and gelatin in the meal (as with beef stew).

Yeah fair enough, I do about the same. Beef is a quality protien with vitamin, minerals, low pufa etc. I like lamb sausage too, tastes amazing.

Are you taking
I find this a bit of a conundrum in RP hemisphere. People (not everyone) seem to gain weight feel BETTER - here @sladerunner69 says “great”, and then try to slim down. Do you guys (asking anyone reading this) feel better slimmer? I am genuinely curious, where is that line? That Midpoint between: “healthy, feel great, but too much weight gain” with “slimmer, body temp colder, don’t feel as great but definitely slimmer” ?

I think it's mostly down to metabolic health. Eating a lot of saturated fat and sugar and protien and metabolically promotive foods can make you fat. But if you still manage to keep the metabolism strong, you can be lean and feel just as good. Just do what @tca300 does and eat very low fat and let the fat burn off at a steady rate while keeping warm temos and a pulse of at least 80 with caffiene and thyroid etc...

L

lollipop

I think it's mostly down to metabolic health. Eating a lot of saturated fat and sugar and protien and metabolically promotive foods can make you fat. But if you still manage to keep the metabolism strong, you can be lean and feel just as good. Just do what @tca300 does and eat very low fat and let the fat burn off at a steady rate while keeping warm temos and a pulse of at least 80 with caffiene and thyroid etc...
Thank you for your reply @sladerunner69. ❤️

@tca300 seems to be doing an amazing job.

Do you think this can universally be applied ONCE someone has metabolic health? Maybe that is the difference, the “line” so to speak: metabolic health. Starting points for everyone are different. Again to rephrase my above question: “I wonder if after achieving a certain metabolic health from diverse paths to that metabolic health, does the game change and become universal?”

Spokey

Going nuts on candy, because it was the best thing ever after depriving myself of sugar for years. Not eating enough protein.

T

tca300

@sladerunner69 @lisaferraro
I actually feel better with less body fat, and seem to respond much better to helpful substances like light, vitamin D, aspirin, etc...

I have a hunch that if using metabolicaly stimulating foods, light, along with adequate nutrition, one can experience pretty low body fat levels and still function just fine.

Right now Im approaching single digit body fat levels, and have never had full or even enhanced libido, stellar immune function, toasty body, lots of energy and no depression.

I have never know people who dont have to continuously cut calories further and further as they lose weight and reach different plateaus, while Im experiencing the opposite. I think the low fat intake dramatically speeds up the PUFA burn and I have regular bouts of uncoupeling where I will be minding my own business and my heart rate will rise, with temp, and my breathing jumps up. Some days I have to eat over 4000 calories to keep up with whats going on.

The further I venture down this path the more convinced I am that Rays opinions are accurate. I have already blown Mr. William R. Brown out of the water with my very low PUFA intake for much longer than he did it for, along with about a decade beforehand of less than 5 grams of PUFA per day without exception.

I'm very happy with whats going on right now with myself, and If I could go back I would have switched from beef/potatoes to milk years earlier, and dropped my PUFA to <1.5 grams per day right away.

" The pro-estrogenic nature of the unsaturated fatty acids is probably the biggest barrier to the radical elimination of degenerative diseases."

Estrogen and brain aging in men and women: Depression, energy, stress

sladerunner69

I actually feel better with less body fat, and seem to respond much better to helpful substances like light, vitamin D, aspirin, etc...

I have a hunch that if using metabolicaly stimulating foods, light, along with adequate nutrition, one can experience pretty low body fat levels and still function just fine.

Right now Im approaching single digit body fat levels, and have never had full or even enhanced libido, stellar immune function, toasty body, lots of energy and no depression.

I have never know people who dont have to continuously cut calories further and further as they lose weight and reach different plateaus, while Im experiencing the opposite. I think the low fat intake dramatically speeds up the PUFA burn and I have regular bouts of uncoupeling where I will be minding my own business and my heart rate will rise, with temp, and my breathing jumps up. Some days I have to eat over 4000 calories to keep up with whats going on.

The further I venture down this path the more convinced I am that Rays opinions are accurate. I have already blown Mr. William R. Brown out of the water with my very low PUFA intake for much longer than he did it for, along with about a decade beforehand of less than 5 grams of PUFA per day without exception.

I'm very happy with whats going on right now with myself, and If I could go back I would have switched from beef/potatoes to milk years earlier, and dropped my PUFA to <1.5 grams per day right away.

" The pro-estrogenic nature of the unsaturated fatty acids is probably the biggest barrier to the radical elimination of degenerative diseases."

That's terrific, but did you make a typo when you said you'd "never had full or enhanced libido"? Did you mean to say you've never had that before depletes PUFA? Wait okay I get you now. Or not having enhanced libido is good? Personally I like having a strong libido and a desire to socialize and flirt etc, it's the most excitement/fun I get out of life. Sometimes estrogenic things actually increase my libido, such as drinking or fasting, though that could be a cortisol issue as well...

Keeping dietaey fat below 1.5g seems mighty tedious, that means no cheese, no meat, only skim milk/yogurt, a lot of juice and bland gelatin powder. I don't see a lot of enjoyment in that diet, and suspect most individuals would give it up before long, even after experiencing the benefits of depleted pufa...

L

lollipop

Interesting @tca300. Appreciate your response. Total congrats on your efforts. Taking in your thoughts and reflecting. I have already tweaked my fat intake levels down to what I consider “moderate” fat from saturated mostly minus the mixed fat content of eggs and butter for cooking and an ounce of cheddar maybe 3 it 4 times a week. Feeling great actually. And also feeling a pull to perhaps tweak again so gathering some info.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals