Your Biggest 'peat Diet' Mistake?

Ex: you forgot about B vitamins so this jappened, your D was low ao that happened... Etc etc..

Go.

grenade

I ate unlimited quanities of food “because my thyroid needed a reset” - so I got real ******* fat. At least my waking temps are getting close to 98.0 F.

cyclops

Was just way to strict in the beginning. But I think I had to go through that, to learn what works for me.

inb4 someone sez "my biggest mistake was believing that there is a Peat diet.." to try to look cool.

There is, the one that he consumes himself, which hasn't changed much at all over the last 20+ years, proof of that being the 1996 show with Gary Null. The only change was mushrooms. The Peat diet does exist. There are foods that he consumes himself and then there are foods that he doesn't consume himself or rarely consumes himself but says that they can work for some so it can be broken down into 1st tier Peat and 2nd tier Peat.

Last edited:

Constatine

Eating too much sugar without enough protein. I'm already pretty thin and I got really thin when I first started Peating.

InChristAlone

Thinking smilk was the holy grail (sugar milk). I added like 2 tablespoons of sugar per glass. Got a nice coated disgusted tongue to show for it. And not much else. A particular Peat practitioner told me just keep adding more sugar if it makes you feel like crap. lol.

Thinking smilk was the holy grail (sugar milk). I added like 2 tablespoons of sugar per glass. Got a nice coated disgusted tongue to show for it. And not much else. A particular Peat practitioner told me just keep adding more sugar if it makes you feel like crap. lol.
I think milk bacteria will always like to grow on the tongue, although maybe quicker with extra sugar. It is not a matter of the smilk hurting the body.

InChristAlone

I think milk bacteria will always like to grow on the tongue, although maybe quicker with extra sugar. It is not a matter of the smilk hurting the body.
Sure, yeah, but it was disgusting! I know someone warned me about it and said he was doing better off all the milk. I was pretty unhealthy back then. I don't drink any milk. Cheese is where it's at! Already broken down. If I had access to raw milk I'd certainly try that again though. That was back before my health crashed and was doing pretty well on it, but just one glass a day.

Sure, yeah, but it was disgusting! I know someone warned me about it and said he was doing better off all the milk. I was pretty unhealthy back then. I don't drink any milk. Cheese is where it's at! Already broken down. If I had access to raw milk I'd certainly try that again though. That was back before my health crashed and was doing pretty well on it, but just one glass a day.
I used to drink quarts of sugar milk almost exclusively. In the end I gotta say I prefer just normal or heated 1.5% by itself. Stress hormones may be a bit higher than when you are constantly suppressing them with literal pounds of sugars, but if it gets me up and doing stuff a bit easier then it's indirectly healthier. Plus, with sugar milk you can experience first hand the fat burning and sugar burning interfering with one another, at least with anything over 1% milk.

milk_lover

Too much sugar and milk at the beginning made me gain a lot of weight. I was trying to fix my metabolism after 2 years of low carbing but looking back I think I overate!
Taurine bloated me like crazy! Probably not a good idea to ignore that. Glycine can do much of the same functions as taurine but with less bloating.

sladerunner69

I used to drink quarts of sugar milk almost exclusively. In the end I gotta say I prefer just normal or heated 1.5% by itself. Stress hormones may be a bit higher than when you are constantly suppressing them with literal pounds of sugars, but if it gets me up and doing stuff a bit easier then it's indirectly healthier. Plus, with sugar milk you can experience first hand the fat burning and sugar burning interfering with one another, at least with anything over 1% milk.

Holy Canoli, are you advocating increasing stress hormones for energy? Gee wiz pal, I'm not sure what to say. Just wow.

Actually I've noticed the stress hormones do promote a certain kind of energy and ambitious pursuit, though not a particularly fulfilling one, in the end.

Even 1% milkfat seems to catch up on me pretty fast, I'm having trouble losing weight. If I eat more fat calories I really do need to lower the sugar calories, unfortunately I can't have my milkcake and eat it too, there is still a caloric limit even with a primed metabolism.

sladerunner69

Too much sugar and milk at the beginning made me gain a lot of weight. I was trying to fix my metabolism after 2 years of low carbing but looking back I think I overate!
Taurine bloated me like crazy! Probably not a good idea to ignore that. Glycine can do much of the same functions as taurine but with less bloating.

Whole fat milk
I ate unlimited quanities of food “because my thyroid needed a reset” - so I got real ******* fat. At least my waking temps are getting close to 98.0 F.

Yes, yes, and yes. Too much whole fat milk, cheese, etc etc. That was a few years ago and I gained 30 lbs. At 230 lbs now I want to get back to a lean 200, though aside from the spare tire this chubster feels great.

milk

Too much sugar. Thanks @sladerunner69 for giving me the hint a while ago.

I've upped my fruit intake and am being way more moderate with the sugar. Feels great.

DaveFoster

inb4 someone sez "my biggest mistake was believing that there is a Peat diet.." to try to look cool.

There is, the one that he consumes himself, which hasn't changed much at all over the last 20+ years, proof of that being the 1996 show with Gary Null. The only change was mushrooms. The Peat diet does exist. There are foods that he consumes himself and then there are foods that he doesn't consume himself or rarely consumes himself but says that they can work for some so it can be broken down into 1st tier Peat and 2nd tier Peat.
He eats less muscle meat now.

DaveFoster

Although you have begun eating more muscle meat correct? Or have you retracted that move away from strict peatopia?
I eat a serving of muscle meat every day or every other day, but it's always eaten with both milk and gelatin in the meal (as with beef stew).

Xisca

The biggest diet mistake is to not believe in diet and have to use so many supps, just look at the titles of most threads!
Taking progest-e did not solve anything and i am glad i did not try thyroid, as i have symptoms but not low labs.
Some people really need thyroid, shown by labs, but others do not.

cyclops

The biggest diet mistake is to not believe in diet and have to use so many supps, just look at the titles of most threads!
Taking progest-e did not solve anything and i am glad i did not try thyroid, as i have symptoms but not low labs.
Some people really need thyroid, shown by labs, but others do not.

I heard labs are not as important as pulse and temp and feeling

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals