Young Padawan Learner

Joe Leca

Hey everyone!

I've been interested in Rays work for a while now (as far as the thyroid goes). Mainly because a doctor removed my gland 6 years ago. I haven't had much luck with doctors since. Fortunately, I stumbled across Ray Peat and now I'm 100% doctor free. Lately I've taken interest in some of the more general stuff. Looking forward to the discussions.

-Joe

I'm curious about how well Ray's work applies to someone missing a thyroid gland.

J

j.

Dorito Loyalist said:
I'm curious about how well Ray's work applies to someone missing a thyroid gland.

Peat claims PUFA interferes not only with secretion of the hormone, but also with its transportation and use, so restricting PUFA will probably help someone who takes thyroid also.

OP
J

Joe Leca

He basically taught me how to supplement properly. How much Cynoplus/Cynomel to take, when to take them, with what foods, and how to tell if it's working. Also changing my dose according to signs, symptoms, seasons, ect. He's also helped me deal with stress and digestive issues (which are common among hypothyroid people).

OP
J

Joe Leca

I shouldn't have said it got "removed." It actually got destroyed with radioactive iodine. A small amount of the gland could still remain.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Joe, welcome to the forum! :welcome

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals