You want to wear what?!

Nstocks

As a tall slim guy, who tries to dress well, I always find that no matter how well made or fitted my clothes are, due to my lack of upper body, I'm never satisfied with how they fit.

The problem isn't entirley due to the clothes, I haven't managed to gain much weight or muscle and although I dress smartly (no hoodies or sweatpants, unless I'm gardening decorating etc.) I feel that I could look a lot better if I was more 'filled in'.

For some time I've considered a padded undershirt to "muscle top" to fill out my frame and give me a better silhouette. After leaving Paleo I gained 2.5 stone (1/5th of my entire body weight!) but I still lack muscle. I'll admit I don't exercise often and by body still isn't working optimally to gain muscle. For the short term, perhaps this will fill that gap: http://www.clotheswithmuscles.com/index.php/

I realise it is totally fake and as soon as I take it off the 'gains' will disappear. Hopefully I won't be wearing it too often but I just wanted to post this and hear opinions. I expect most will be "eat more, lift weights" and that is the answer that I want to achieve one day. Oh, I have a great posture as many of my co-workers tell me, so it's not like that's the issue.

What do you think? Is this really sad and pathetic? Should I just accept my body as it is right now?

EDIT: This is something of an excuse for my laziness to workout; my entire family are overweight and although my older brother has spent the past 13 years in the gym, he has a large stomach and recently had surgery to remove his "moobs". That has little to do with my physiology but it's relevant context compared to someone with generations of leaner, denser builds.

jaa

It seems like a band aid. Learning to accept your body as is seems much healthier than wearing an odd looking bulking shirt which would serve to reinforce your body issues. Did I mention it looks ridiculous?

jyb

Is there actually anything wrong with your silhouette? Because it seems it is only an issue not being bulky enough. Bodybuilders like to bulk up, but I don't think this is any aesthetics requirement for the UK - I'm sure many people would find skinny more attractive than bulk. Many don't like the bodybuilder look.

OP
N

Nstocks

The only issue is that I'm like a cylinder in that my waist and shoulders are pretty much the same size, if that makes sense? Typically, those with more muscle have the triangular body shape where shoulders are the widest and the waist is the smallest.

I certainly do not want the body builder look and "bulk" in my case it to achieve what is probably just average in terms of muscle. My shoulders really bother me - in any shirt/t-shirt bones are visible. I try to cover this u by wearing blazers or jackets but in the summer it's not practical.

Zachs

All that does is give you boobs, lol! Imo the weirdest looking bodybuilders are the ones that focus on biceps and chest. Working on shoulders, traps, lats, back and triceps gives you a much better looking physique that fills out shirts better.

Nstocks, I think that is a rediculous idea.

OP
N

Nstocks

It's a ridiculous looking garment, but under a shirt none would be the wiser hahaha. Yeah, it's really silly and probably would make myself more annoyed that I have to wear it to look better? It's also a short term fix - muscles of noticeable growth take at least a year - who wants to wait that long!

But seriously, accepting what I look like, until I have the energy to change it is probably the smartest idea.

YuraCZ

Zachs said:
All that does is give you boobs, lol! Imo the weirdest looking bodybuilders are the ones that focus on biceps and chest. Working on shoulders, traps, lats, back and triceps gives you a much better looking physique that fills out shirts better.

you mean "gym rats" not bodybuilders who actually compete right? :)

Zachs

YuraCZ said:
Zachs said:

you mean "gym rats" not bodybuilders who actually compete right? :)

Well I have seen quite a few bodybuilders that are all moobs and biceps but yea, mostly the gym rat look., which is definitely what that shirt is going for.

Zachs

And nstocks, unless you plan on moving, I'm sure people that see you everyday will sure notice the chest implant. Hopefully Noone tries to grab em. ;)

OP
N

Nstocks

Lol Zach. No, it wouldn't be worn everyday, just on days I go out (not work)!

Hmmm, I'll look at upping calories again? I'm at 3,000 daily now with 100g protein.

Sheik

If your shoulders are narrow, it is probably because they aren't sitting in the right place. Your body mechanics are off and so you aren't using the right muscles when you walk, lift, etc.. Working out is counterproductive when you aren't using good technique. Technique is EVERYTHING.

I'm guessing you've tried working out but didn't get anywhere?

Do you have any of these issues?:
Flat feet
No butt
Flat spine
Forward head

OP
N

Nstocks

None of those issues. Brother has flat feet. I have a good posterior! Spine is in a 'J' curve, not 'S' curve most "ergonomic" practices teach. (I learnt a lot from Esther Gokhale). Neck is extended upwards and head faces forward, slightly down at the chin (again from Gokhale and like native africans)

I didn't really work out much - I bought a pair of dumbbells and I do some bodyweight exercises. Never been to a gym and used those fancy machines.

I have narrow shoulders, no real biceps or arms because I have low muscle overall.

YuraCZ

I was decent gym rat back then. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• ok3.jpg
    ok3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 371

Makrosky

Don't do strange things or wear strange things like that t-shirt.

Don't worry about that.

Accept and love your body as it is.

People love people whom is comforable with themselves.

Be yourself. You're not a merchandise.

mt_dreams

You're thinking like a man, and unless you are gay, this wont work like you think it will.
Women fit/pad their breasts & backside b/c they know men run off visual aid, and most wont care once she's naked. Women who like muscles on a man for the most part actually want the muscles (lifestyle). You'll show
a lot of your mental insecurities once you get to a point where a female sees this for the first time, though I'm betting some could make this work to their advantage to take the convo to the shirtless stage ... so it may not be all bad. I'm already thinking of convo starters I could have used wearing one of these bad boys back in my clubbing days.

OP
N

Nstocks

In a way I'm relived that I'm "thinking like a man" and not some weirdo!

Most guys probably go through their minds wishing they were bigger (keep it clean hahaha!). I guess it's partly from an evolutionary point as well? Though a lot probably take it in their huge ego and vanity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals