You should be Earthing/Grounding

Tarmander

I recently had the honor of interviewing Clint Ober about earthing/grounding

I was surprised to find that this forum does not have much on the subject, especially with Ray having positive comments about it. So here is the thread on it.

I have been grounding now for just under a month and I am totally sold. I use a grounding sheet on my bed, I have a bracelet and mat by my computer and where my feet are. Here are some of my results:

-way less water retention. One of the easiest ways to get rid of puffiness.

-Sleep is a bit better, but overall I have been calmer and more relaxed during the day. When I first started grounding, I was straight exhausted during the day and took a bunch of naps over a couple weeks. But that seems to have faded, and now I have decent energy.

-Weight loss seems to be accelerating. I have been losing weight steadily since I started the raw meat experiment back in October when I was 195. I am 175 now. I would hit these month long plateaus and was in one around 179-181. When I started grounding that plateau got taken out easily. I expect in a couple more months I should be around my optimal 165ish.

I hope in the future grounding can help with EMF sensitivity, but that may take some time to tell.

Overall, my experience is that grounding makes your body more responsive. If you want to lose weight, it makes it easier. If you want to gain muscle, probably the same. I notice stimulants have more of an effect but are somehow not as harsh.

Here are a bunch of studies on it: Research - Earthing Institute

Here is my Clint Ober Interview, I explain my experience in the last 6 minutes or so:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbVWb5A_gq4

Here is Rays's take on it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IHwg-NTSts

Last edited:

yerrag

I've made a note of listening to this interview on my next hour-long drive Lucas. Did you mention your experience with using the Schumann wave generator also here?

Right now, I'm just walking barefoot a lot. I have an earth grounding mat (sent to me by my sister), I may start using it once I know it's the right mat for me. I've listened in on this subject before and I got a vague sense of grounding mats needing to be of the right polarity, and the right polarity is dependent on where you live. And it has to do with the way the electric utilities distribute electricity and on how the ground is used. The standard is different in Western Europe from the standard used in the US. I don't know if this is true or not, and I've never bothered to find out. I hope you discussed this topic.

Your interviews are nice, even if you have no one to interview but yourself. It dispels a lot of myths, and you're a true mythbuster!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Congratulations for interviewing the man himself!

Will listen soon.

I ground my office workplace and used to ground my bed. I could not attribute any effect to grounding. It could be just because I was going through a lot. I use shielded grounding wires from Dr. Koniver to prevent them from becoming emf antennas. I will continue to ground at work.

Ps: you are grounded when you shower. You are grounded when you do the dishes. You are grounded on the sand in the beach, etc...

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I've made a note of listening to this interview on my next hour-long drive Lucas. Did you mention your experience with using the Schumann wave generator also here?

Right now, I'm just walking barefoot a lot. I have an earth grounding mat (sent to me by my sister), I may start using it once I know it's the right mat for me. I've listened in on this subject before and I got a vague sense of grounding mats needing to be of the right polarity, and the right polarity is dependent on where you live. And it has to do with the way the electric utilities distribute electricity and on how the ground is used. The standard is different in Western Europe from the standard used in the US. I don't know if this is true or not, and I've never bothered to find out. I hope you discussed this topic.

Your interviews are nice, even if you have no one to interview but yourself. It dispels a lot of myths, and you're a true mythbuster!
Appreciate the kind words.

I am not sure about the polarity thing. I think just being connected to the earth is important. Clint didn't really go into the difference although I asked him about the difference between these mats and other devices and the earth.

I have a multi meter and measure my body voltage with the different grounding mediums I have. The sheet with the silver woven through it is not as powerful as the mat. The bracelet is probably about as strong as the sheet. The mat nukes body voltage down to 0 very easily where as the others...well a bit of body voltage lingers.

I did not mention the schuman thing. Been awhile since I have messed with that.

Congratulations for interviewing the man himself!

Will listen soon.

I ground my office workplace and used to ground my bed. I could not attribute any effect to grounding. It could be just because I was going through a lot. I use shielded grounding wires from Dr. Koniver to prevent them from becoming emf antennas. I will continue to ground at work.

Ps: you are grounded when you shower. You are grounded when you do the dishes. You are grounded on the sand in the beach, etc...
Didn't know about the shower...interesting. Are you sure the shower does? I could test it

jay123

I have slept grounded since the mid 2000s. I sleep well most of the time unless a stressful event is in my life. It always made sense to me.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Appreciate the kind words.

I am not sure about the polarity thing. I think just being connected to the earth is important. Clint didn't really go into the difference although I asked him about the difference between these mats and other devices and the earth.

I have a multi meter and measure my body voltage with the different grounding mediums I have. The sheet with the silver woven through it is not as powerful as the mat. The bracelet is probably about as strong as the sheet. The mat nukes body voltage down to 0 very easily where as the others...well a bit of body voltage lingers.

I did not mention the schuman thing. Been awhile since I have messed with that.

Didn't know about the shower...interesting. Are you sure the shower does? I could test it
Yes, I tested the grounding when in the shower and when doing the dishes - solidly grounded during both which I thought was pretty awesome but possibly dangerous during a thunderstorm I would think. I live in a city.

Dobbler

I think connecting to real earth aka living ground is the way to go. How many minutes daily, that is the question. Is 15 minutes enough, or 30, or 60? That i would like to know. But i agree earthing is very good when we are being blasted with radiation and good way to mitigate it would be transfering it safely to the earth.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, love it! We have lost our connection to the earth and came inside to a manmade environment that is making us sick. We actually have sweat glands on our feet so we can make a better connection to the earth.

jay123

I go barefoot in my yard as much as possible. I can't stand when I see the chemical sprayers in my neighborhood. Grrr! It always feels good going barefoot.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I think connecting to real earth aka living ground is the way to go. How many minutes daily, that is the question. Is 15 minutes enough, or 30, or 60? That i would like to know. But i agree earthing is very good when we are being blasted with radiation and good way to mitigate it would be transfering it safely to the earth.
Clint recommended at least 30 minutes per day. But I have been experimenting with grounding all day, or at least as close to it as possible, and I think the more you do, the more impactful.

Yes, love it! We have lost our connection to the earth and came inside to a manmade environment that is making us sick. We actually have sweat glands on our feet so we can make a better connection to the earth.
:clap:

FredSonoma

I found that grounding made me feel better at first, but worse overall. It's no comparison to sleeping in a tent outside, completely away from electricity. Additionally, there are many currents on the ground, especially in America, because of the lazy way the power companies have wired their systems. You can measure these ground currents with an oscilloscope, or pick up their presence with a very sensitive magnetic field detector

I think what you may want instead is for there to be zero stray voltage in your home. Most homes are not grounded correctly. In my home for example, I can pick up current on my grounding electrode (and it should be 0, except for the case of a ground fault) as well as current on my neutral, even with my power turned off (this means it's coming up from the ground, which is bonded to the neutral, into my home. That also shows just how much current can be on the ground). It's really a bad situation in America for this

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I slept with a grounded metal mesh underneath my bed since about 1976 or 1977, About the time when a dowser found noxious energy crossing (‘water veins’) underneath the bed place of my father who had died in 1974 from stomach cancer.

Maybe 15 years ago, I met Dr. James Oschman and Clint Ober at my friend's house (Dr. John Zimmerman) in Reno and they gave me a grounding set to try out. It was a conductive pad which I connected to the grounding screen that I already had underneath my mattress. I didn’t sleep any different. But then I remembered that Dr. Oschman thought that due to friction between the sleep ware and the bed sheets, electrostatic charge would be generated and one would loose electrons. Dr. Oschman thought that lack of electrons would lead to inflammation.

So I thought, if loosing electrons and thereby becoming positively charged, how about giving oneself some extra electrons by sleeping on a negative potential?

I took three 9V batteries, connected them in series and cut the grounding wire and inserted the batteries, so that the negative pole was connected to the pad and the screen, and the positive pole connected to the ground. I went to bed, expecting to sleep really well. Not so, I had terrible nightmares and had to disconnect the batteries, then I slept normal. The next day I reversed the polarity, but it wasn’t any different from just grounding.

At the time I was working at plasma physics experiments at the NTF and told this to one of our technicians, who then replicated this with a 100 V dry cell battery and a conductive fabric that he had. Again, first with the negative polarity. He told me that he had the worst nightmares of his life and that the dream content was disgusting to say the least. He disconnected the battery when he woke up during the night and slept normally grounded. The next day he also reversed the polarity and slept just normal.

My son had nightmares so I inserted a single 9V battery into the grounding wire of his shielded bed, with the positive pole to the metal screen (aluminum fly screen from Home Depot) and the negative pole to ground, the nightmares stopped. That is how we normally sleep now, on a 9V positive potential.

He recently had a knee injury and one day it swell up and it was painful. I had him place a grounding pad on this knee, and it got quickly better!

Last edited:

Anyone tried this?

jay123

Anyone tried this?
I used to have one. I liked it. I have no idea where it went!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I slept with a grounded metal mesh underneath my bed since about 1976 or 1977, About the time when a dowser found noxious energy crossing (‘water veins’) underneath the bed place of my father who had died in 1974 from stomach cancer.

Maybe 15 years ago, I met Dr. James Oschman and Clint Ober at my friend's house (Dr. John Zimmerman) in Reno and they gave me a grounding set to try out. It was a conductive pad which I connected to the grounding screen that I already had underneath my mattress. I didn’t sleep any different. But then I remembered that Dr. Oschman thought that due to friction between the sleep ware and the bed sheets, electrostatic charge would be generated and one would loose electrons. Dr. Oschman thought that lack of electrons would lead to inflammation.

So I thought, if loosing electrons and thereby becoming positively charged, how about giving oneself some extra electrons by sleeping on a negative potential?

I took three 9V batteries, connected them in series and cut the grounding wire and inserted the batteries, so that the negative pole was connected to the pad and the screen, and the positive pole connected to the ground. I went to bed, expecting to sleep really well. Not so, I had terrible nightmares and had to disconnect the batteries, then I slept normal. The next day I reversed the polarity, but it wasn’t any different from just grounding.

At the time I was working at plasma physics experiments at the NTF and told this to one of our technicians, who then replicated this with a 100 V dry cell battery and a conductive fabric that he had. Again, first with the negative polarity. He told me that he had the worst nightmares of his life and that the dream content was disgusting to say the least. He disconnected the battery when he woke up during the night and slept normally grounded. The next day he also reversed the polarity and slept just normal.

My son had nightmares so I inserted a single 9V battery into the grounding wire of his shielded bed, with the positive pole to the metal screen (aluminum fly screen from Home Depot) and the negative pole to ground, the nightmares stopped. That is how we normally sleep now, on a 9V positive potential.

He recently had a knee injury and one day it swell up and it was painful. I had him place a grounding pad on this knee, and it got quickly better!
Fascinating stuff

ThunderSpank

I noticed no difference after sleeping on grounded mats and walking barefoot in the grass for over a month. Also, asked Ray about it a few weeks ago.
" I have tried it and haven’t noticed anything except that walking barefoot on the ground feels good. "

Positives people feel are probably from getting outside more than usual and therefore more sun.

miquelangeles

I haven't noticed much from grounding, but on several occasions before bedtime I completely turned off all electricity in the home from the circuit breaker panel (except for one breaker controlling the refrigerator wiring).
Every time I do this my sleep is noticeably improved. It is deeper and more restful. Dreams are fewer and once I fall asleep I don't remember much when I wake up in the morning. Otherwise my sleep is usually more shallow with multiple half-awake moments throughout the night.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I haven't noticed much from grounding, but on several occasions before bedtime I completely turned off all electricity in the home from the circuit breaker panel (except for one breaker controlling the refrigerator wiring).
Every time I do this my sleep is noticeably improved. It is deeper and more restful. Dreams are fewer and once I fall asleep I don't remember much when I wake up in the morning. Otherwise my sleep is usually more shallow with multiple half-awake moments throughout the night.
Ditto that. Circuits are shut off here too. Disconnecting from the man made matrix is a beautiful thing. :D

Ben.

Using a grounding sheet for sleeping only produced short lived effects. Long term i felt it didnt do much, for a while i thought it makes things worse.

Going barefoot and snacking on the sunlight is prolly better.