You should be Earthing/Grounding

Inaut

I’m beginning to think that grounding/earthing is probably THE most important thing any person can do for health (physical, mental and spiritual). It’s so simple, fits into the bioenergetic model and is free for everything and everyone... Maybe that’s why most of us in the West have been conditioned (for a lack of better words) to not even think twice about the concept. ?‍♂️

TheCalciumCad

I’m beginning to think that grounding/earthing is probably THE most important thing any person can do for health (physical, mental and spiritual). It’s so simple, fits into the bioenergetic model and is free for everything and everyone... Maybe that’s why most of us in the West have been conditioned (for a lack of better words) to not even think twice about the concept. ?‍♂️
Whats the plan are you going for a grounding mat? I think earthings comparable to sunlight in that most of us are chronically experiencing bluelight toxicity and EMF exposure, both seriously **** with our energy fields and neurochemistry.. sunlight/earthing are the antidote.

Inaut

Whats the plan are you going for a grounding mat? I think earthings comparable to sunlight in that most of us are chronically experiencing bluelight toxicity and EMF exposure, both seriously **** with our energy fields and neurochemistry.. sunlight/earthing are the antidote.
Definitely agree.

Been using the grounding mat for about 4 days now. Can’t say I’ve noticed anything dramatic but I’m not expecting it either. It would make sense that it takes time work on physiology like anything else.

I’m going to go to Home Depot tomorrow to get materials (as per @StephanF) to ground my bed. I’m excited to try it out.

ReSTART

What’s the best way to ground my bed and television? Both are on wooden stands.

I'm.No.One

I bought a grounding sheet last year & it's made a HUGE difference for my sleep. I even dream differently. It's just really important to wash them every other day as our natural oils seem to block the grounding capacity. The night of a wash I always have way more vivid dreams.

Judd Crane

I would caution against earthing on electrified property. You will be connected to current in the ground that probably will do more harm than the good that the grounding will provide. The earth don't just soak up the current so it's advised to measure the current if you're going to ground. I think using conductive shoes contributed to making me sensitive to electromagnetic fields.

Inaut

@StephanF so I made the grounding device for my bed on Friday. Currently it is between the mattress and bed frame.... Does it need to be closer to skin for it to work?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
@StephanF so I made the grounding device for my bed on Friday. Currently it is between the mattress and bed frame.... Does it need to be closer to skin for it to work?
I bought a half-sheet of a grounding fabric from Amazon and placed it at the foot end of my bed. Then I connected this sheet to the ground of the aluminum sheet.

Amazon product ASIN B07HP4N1B5View: https://www.amazon.com/Earthing-Grounding-Cotton-Conductive-Protection/dp/B07HP4N1B5/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=QEZB6GO14X7X&keywords=grounding+half+sheets&qid=1649172767&sprefix=grounding+half+sheets%2Caps%2C314&sr=8-4

Goat-e

Thought I'd put my experience with grounding and tinnitus here in case it helps someone.

I started using a grounding sheet on the bed a week and a half ago and then bought a grounding mat for my feet when I'm at my desk. About five days into using it I noticed that my tinnitus (which has been constant for the last seven years at at least) had diminished significantly. It's now day seven and the tinnitus has disappeared. I'm amazed at how quickly and completely the change has happened. I hadn't tried grounding with tinnitus in mind, so this was an unexpected positive result.

Ben.

Thought I'd put my experience with grounding and tinnitus here in case it helps someone.

I started using a grounding sheet on the bed a week and a half ago and then bought a grounding mat for my feet when I'm at my desk. About five days into using it I noticed that my tinnitus (which has been constant for the last seven years at at least) had diminished significantly. It's now day seven and the tinnitus has disappeared. I'm amazed at how quickly and completely the change has happened. I hadn't tried grounding with tinnitus in mind, so this was an unexpected positive result.

Nice. I have tinnitus too but can't say any grounding endevours led to what you describe (however i noticed decrease in loudness and sleep improvement at times).

Perhaps in your case there realy was EMR/EMF causing to much issues. How is your experience with magnesium? One of the mechanism EMF/EMR damages us is mitigated by Magnesium.

Realy hope that effect lasts for you. Im very happy for you. Tinnitus realy is a pain in the ... head.

Goat-e

Nice. I have tinnitus too but can't say any grounding endevours led to what you describe (however i noticed decrease in loudness and sleep improvement at times).

Perhaps in your case there realy was EMR/EMF causing to much issues. How is your experience with magnesium? One of the mechanism EMF/EMR damages us is mitigated by Magnesium.

Realy hope that effect lasts for you. Im very happy for you. Tinnitus realy is a pain in the ... head.
I've never really noticed anything from Magnesium, and I've tried it many times over the years. The problem with tinnitus is that I think the causes are extremely wide and vary so much person to person. When it first developed for me I tried a few things but nothing worked and I quickly came to the conclusion that I could chase this for years and it would probably drive me crazy so I decided to try and ignore it best I could. It was quite a surprise when grounding cleared it for me.

JamesGatz

I would like to bless someone on the forum - I have a new pair of ***Grounded*** loafers (Allen Edmonds) that I would like to give away for free.

- Size 13 US 3E (Extra Extra Extra Wide Width)
- The shoes are grounded (meaning it connects you to the earth's electrical charge - the entire shoe including the soles are 100% leather)
- Completely new with everything included
- MSRP for the shoe was $400

No strings attached - I only ask that you can

- Prove you are a size 13 US (I would like to give this away to someone who genuinely would appreciate it and wouldn't then try to sell it)
- Cover the shipping cost to ship them to you

There is nothing wrong with it - I am giving it away because it was an extra pair I was planning on eventually wearing but my feet have grown recently and I am no longer a size 13 US

You can message me if interested - thanks. If multiple people message me I will probably choose someone random or whomever is easiest for me to ship to

RealNeat

I would like to bless someone on the forum - I have a new pair of ***Grounded*** loafers (Allen Edmonds) that I would like to give away for free.

- Size 13 US 3E (Extra Extra Extra Wide Width)
- The shoes are grounded (meaning it connects you to the earth's electrical charge - the entire shoe including the soles are 100% leather)
- Completely new with everything included
- MSRP for the shoe was $400

No strings attached - I only ask that you can

- Prove you are a size 13 US (I would like to give this away to someone who genuinely would appreciate it and wouldn't then try to sell it)
- Cover the shipping cost to ship them to you

There is nothing wrong with it - I am giving it away because it was an extra pair I was planning on eventually wearing but my feet have grown recently and I am no longer a size 13 US

You can message me if interested - thanks. If multiple people message me I will probably choose someone random or whomever is easiest for me to ship to
Your feet are larger than 13 ?...

RealNeat

To give an update. I no longer sleep with the grounding sheet. I noticed at first, sleep was better and grounding would really relax me, but around the 3 week mark, I stopped getting relaxed and sleepy and started getting energized.

I had this night where I laid down on the grounding sheet and I was just AWAKE. It wasn't a negative awake, like excitoxins might cause where your brain gets obsessive and worried, just energized.

So I stopped using it for sleep and just use it while I am on my computer and sometimes throughout the day depending on what I am doing. Something to watch out for.

That is awesome man. I am glad it is working well for you. Clint is the OG
I think I have a solution to the (indoor) grounding predicament. Using Stetzer filters is a good idea but I think the real answer lies here:

miquelangeles

I've been experimenting with grounding for the last 2 months. Barefoot on the grass at least 1 hr every day, as well as plenty of sunshine 2 hrs on average.
However, if I try to sleep grounded through the wall outlet (either with heavy litz copper wire on wrist or ankle, or metal mesh under legs) after about 20-30 minutes I start getting mild palpitations and disturbed breathing reflexes, a general feeling of depleted energy, which quickly goes away if I unground myself.
The ground wire may not be completely free of currents, but I don't believe that's the reason of the side effects I experience.
I believe it disturbs the bioelectric potentials and currents produced by biological processes.
Grounding yourself through the wall outlet is not the same as walking barefoot on the grass. The grounding wire is normally connected to a copper rod deep into the ground.
Grounding through your soles may be different than grounding through a skin patch or wrist band, and the exchange of electrons may happen at a different pace.
I don't believe it's natural to sleep grounded.
Most animals sleep in nests made of dry leaves, wood etc which are poor conductors.
Also most mammals have fur or wool which are also poor conductors.
If you check the wound healing study it says "Treatment consisted of a daily 30-minute grounding session with an electrode patch while patient was seated comfortably", it wasn't overnight.
Even if the ground wire was "dirty", it might still have a beneficial effect - plenty of studies about electrical stimulation to accelerate wound healing.
However, I have found that grounding for ~5 minutes is beneficial.
We are exposed to electric fields everywhere, and they induce intracorporal currents.
Every wire in your wall has an electric field that extends way beyond the wall into the room, and your body acts like an antenna. The electric field is there even if no appliance is running. Turning off electricity from the breaker panel at night, at least for the bedroom, is a good idea.
I've experimented with high power close-distance incandescent light and it took me a while to realize that a lot of the effects and side-effects were from the powerful electric fields. With a 20-minute session I would feel energized and euphoric, but when I did 60 minute sessions I was getting heart rhythm disturbance.
It is more important to neutralize any electric and magnetic fields in the area where you spend most time, and especially in your sleeping area, rather than sleeping grounded. If you ground yourself in an area with electric fields your body will act like an antenna.
The type of fabric that you wear and that you sleep on is extremely important.
It has a very profound effect on the bioelectric fields in the body.
If anyone experimented with high-end audio you will know that the dielectric of a cable (the jacket or the insulator material) will sound different whether it's PVC, PTFE, cotton, silk, paper etc. In the same way the fabric that touches the body influences the bioelectric fields. This is common knowledge among acupuncturists.

I've been experimenting with grounding for the last 2 months. Barefoot on the grass at least 1 hr every day, as well as plenty of sunshine 2 hrs on average.
However, if I try to sleep grounded through the wall outlet (either with heavy litz copper wire on wrist or ankle, or metal mesh under legs) after about 20-30 minutes I start getting mild palpitations and disturbed breathing reflexes, a general feeling of depleted energy, which quickly goes away if I unground myself.
The ground wire may not be completely free of currents, but I don't believe that's the reason of the side effects I experience.
I believe it disturbs the bioelectric potentials and currents produced by biological processes.
Grounding yourself through the wall outlet is not the same as walking barefoot on the grass. The grounding wire is normally connected to a copper rod deep into the ground.
Grounding through your soles may be different than grounding through a skin patch or wrist band, and the exchange of electrons may happen at a different pace.
I don't believe it's natural to sleep grounded.
Most animals sleep in nests made of dry leaves, wood etc which are poor conductors.
Also most mammals have fur or wool which are also poor conductors.
If you check the wound healing study it says "Treatment consisted of a daily 30-minute grounding session with an electrode patch while patient was seated comfortably", it wasn't overnight.
Even if the ground wire was "dirty", it might still have a beneficial effect - plenty of studies about electrical stimulation to accelerate wound healing.
However, I have found that grounding for ~5 minutes is beneficial.
We are exposed to electric fields everywhere, and they induce intracorporal currents.
Every wire in your wall has an electric field that extends way beyond the wall into the room, and your body acts like an antenna. The electric field is there even if no appliance is running. Turning off electricity from the breaker panel at night, at least for the bedroom, is a good idea.
I've experimented with high power close-distance incandescent light and it took me a while to realize that a lot of the effects and side-effects were from the powerful electric fields. With a 20-minute session I would feel energized and euphoric, but when I did 60 minute sessions I was getting heart rhythm disturbance.
It is more important to neutralize any electric and magnetic fields in the area where you spend most time, and especially in your sleeping area, rather than sleeping grounded. If you ground yourself in an area with electric fields your body will act like an antenna.
The type of fabric that you wear and that you sleep on is extremely important.
It has a very profound effect on the bioelectric fields in the body.
If anyone experimented with high-end audio you will know that the dielectric of a cable (the jacket or the insulator material) will sound different whether it's PVC, PTFE, cotton, silk, paper etc. In the same way the fabric that touches the body influences the bioelectric fields. This is common knowledge among acupuncturists.
Fruitful post, thank you for sharing.

miquelangeles

@haidut can we have a forum category for grounding, bioelectricity, electrotherapy, tDCS etc. There is a lot of material available with some studies dating back more than 100 years.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals