You Need Help - But Don't Trust Psychiatrists or Hospitals

DMF

My chronic sleeplessness is not improving and having devastating impact overall. Trying to find a new primary care doc,
because mine retired (would prescribe a small quantity ativan for these stressfull periods) has become somewhat of another nightmare - Long delays,
"not accepting new patients", etc, so I'm told to check into a hospital or even a psych hospital- and I keep putting it off because it terrifies me!
My coverage is limited so I can't go to any humane or wholistic facilities - just a few places that sound scary, depressing. What could I do?

AlaskaJono

Hi DMF, where are you? The US sounds like. Yes, you must get some sleep soon as it does have very debilitating effects. I was mostly never covered by insurance in my life in USA, but being an acupuncturist, I had some long term trades with Naturopaths, Chiro's, and acu's..... . You might think about alternative medicine, or try and get some Periactin (cyproheptadine hydrochloride). Here in Australia it is over the counter. But they do monitor it. Acupuncture can help. I know I had clients that did not sleep for more than 25 years longer than 3 hours a night. And after a few visits they were sleeping 6+ hours. I would have gone crazy myself, but... they did not. :): So, think about paying cash for a person of veritable quality (Acu/TCM or Naturopath) or find an MD who is old school. (Like your old Doc. ). Hope that helps, but.. yeah, I know the deal. I had a very hard time here in Australia finding an old skool doctor who is not "bad drugs - they don't work- steroid shots - that doesn't work - then surgery which may work less than 50% of the time- Docs. Don't be limited by the blood coverage thing... it is a trap. Good luck mate.

Hugh Johnson

My chronic sleeplessness is not improving and having devastating impact overall. Trying to find a new primary care doc,
because mine retired (would prescribe a small quantity ativan for these stressfull periods) has become somewhat of another nightmare - Long delays,
"not accepting new patients", etc, so I'm told to check into a hospital or even a psych hospital- and I keep putting it off because it terrifies me!
My coverage is limited so I can't go to any humane or wholistic facilities - just a few places that sound scary, depressing. What could I do?
I agree on the alternative medicine. Some of these people work miracles. Avoid reiki though.

In addition, you might try all kinds of things. Breathing practices, Original Strength, Sedona Method etc could solve the issue.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve found periactin/cyproheptadine helpful as well. If it’s hard for you to get it some other things easier to obtain things you could try are L-theanine, micro doses (@300 mcg or less) of melatonin or doxylamine succinate aka unisom. I’ve used all 3 in the same night at times as well as a red light session to help me sleep. I consider myself as having extreme sleep issues from working nights on and off for 20 years. Idealabs sells a cyproheptadine product if you are in the US where a RX is normally required. There are also some online pharmacies where you could order it.

Lolinaa

Hi,
If it's benzodiazepines' related you can try a lot of things but only another benzo will help, the Ativan. I have been there and thought that I would die. I would go if I were you to the hospital and get some Ativan, you need to sleep that's the most important thing right now. Then you can go on benzo buddies website and look to taper it off. That's the best thing I can see if I was in your shoes.
I am myself tapering off Ativan. It's not easy but it's the best way to get back to a normal life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom