"You May Never Eat SUGAR Again after Watching This" - Dr Berg

supercoolguy

Nioce!
I discount about 95% of what Dr Borg says. Now I just tossed out the remaining 5%.
Like I thought: Waste of Time.

No wonder people's health is in such disarray. If they're not following the standard grain based USDA approved diet, they're listening to quacks like this dude. I can't stand how YouTube promotes the most unqualified people in the healthsphere. This guy gets what, like 150,000-500,000 views per video? Meanwhile Danny's pod with Ray might get 15,000 views on a very busy day (usually less).
+1

Didn't watch the video. Not going to subject myself to 13min of illiteracy, but yeah, the generalized theme of his entire channel is wrong. I watch the opening spill about glycation, and he's incorrect about that.

Also, he's not a real doctor. I wouldn't trust this guy to buy the right type of aspirin from Walgreens, let alone diagnose and treat patients.
Ha! Ha! Ha! +1

Saw a "cancer feeds off sugar" video by this guy...
Sugar does feed cancer, but if you have cancer and stop eating sugar cancer will leave it’s spot to go find some aka spread. Taking sugar out of a cancer patient’s diet altogether is a real bad idea.

kaybb

Danny may start getting more views on his podcasts if he answered questions thoroughly.

In each of his podcasts there are timestamps for questions/topics. Danny briefly brings up the question or topic but from my experience he never really takes a deep dive into the mechanics of why or how something is or is not. It is almost like he just doesn't care.
I agree 100%. Also, he can get detached, he was laughing once talking about someone’s cancer…. Nervous tick/laughter? Probably

kaybb

I think he is but isn't as sure of himself and maybe not satisfied enough with his knowledge to put it out there because it takes times to build a coherent image for the organism, I think he won't fully open up until he surpasses Peat in knowledge, because he has high expectations of himself.

I think his solo podcasts are the best because his own personal wisdom and experience from his journey is really practical, helpful and well communicated plus he seems more relaxed.
I also agree

kaybb

Makes sense as to why he pushes Keto like a cult.

Id like to emphasize his real issues (as if a cult follower or recruiter isn’t enough for you...)

1- great persuasive teacher. But as stated above- bad understanding. No wisdom. No ability with application.

2- look up his sons videos on YouTube.
Raising kids is hard; but wow- his son reveals a lot about Bergs dogmatic and pathological ways.
Both he and his son are very ill; in very different ways.
I saw this video and it said everything I needed to know. Definitely an eye opener…

LadyRae

Dr. Berg loves carrots! Really great video, actually. Gets into the nitty gritty of WHY carrots are so healthy...several points I didn't know!
Hint: anti- clotting

View: https://youtu.be/Jgbv2ZrC1xM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230424-040340.png
    Screenshot_20230424-040340.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 41

HumanLife

I know a woman who is a friend of my aunt who followed this guy's advice and even told me before I met Peat that sugar is toxic. In 2021 she was diagnosed as hypothyroid, with her doctor telling her that her thyroid hormone levels were lower than people 30 years older than her (she is in her 50s). I do not believe that Eric is doing Keto but it makes sense to continue on the act for the money with the system he has built for content. Most people claiming benefits from it are likely from experiencing less endotoxin by removing things like bread and pasta which have the inflammatory and neurotoxic gluten protein, and the decreased water retention.

LadyRae

I know a woman who is a friend of my aunt who followed this guy's advice and even told me before I met Peat that sugar is toxic. In 2021 she was diagnosed as hypothyroid, with her doctor telling her that her thyroid hormone levels were lower than people 30 years older than her (she is in her 50s). I do not believe that Eric is doing Keto but it makes sense to continue on the act for the money with the system he has built for content. Most people claiming benefits from it are likely from experiencing less endotoxin by removing things like bread and pasta which have the inflammatory and neurotoxic gluten protein, and the decreased water retention.
Agreed. Maybe I should have posted this video in a carrot thread..... Honestly I have never come across such a concise, to-the-point list of why carrots are so healthy... My intent on posting this video was more about the carrot than Dr Berg 😂.

HumanLife

Agreed. Maybe I should have posted this video in a carrot thread..... Honestly I have never come across such a concise, to-the-point list of why carrots are so healthy... My intent on posting this video was more about the carrot than Dr Berg 😂.
The promotion of carrots by Eric is hypocritical. Despite the claims that the 'ose are toxic he is promoting it. Wouldn't surprise me if the people who follow him religiously like my aunt's friend did eat the carrot and experience benefits without connecting the benefit to the sugar. I made a carrot salad for a family and they were surprised at how sweet and tasty it was despite being mixed with vinegar and coconut oil.

LadyRae

The promotion of carrots by Eric is hypocritical. Despite the claims that the 'ose are toxic he is promoting it. Wouldn't surprise me if the people who follow him religiously like my aunt's friend did eat the carrot and experience benefits without connecting the benefit to the sugar. I made a carrot salad for a family and they were surprised at how sweet and tasty it was despite being mixed with vinegar and coconut oil.
He discusses the sugar and fiber content in the video. I'm sure you probably already know, but the high fiber content reduces the glycemic load substantially. I don't agree that the majority of the benefits of carrots are from the sugar.

Hypocritical? Dr Berg recommends many different types of vegetables... He is not "carnivore".

Again, I'm not wanting to get into a debate as to whether Dr Berg is good or bad. I just thought that a lot of people would be interested in the details regarding carrots and their health benefits.

HumanLife

He discusses the sugar and fiber content in the video. I'm sure you probably already know, but the high fiber content reduces the glycemic load substantially. I don't agree that the majority of the benefits of carrots are from the sugar.

Hypocritical? Dr Berg recommends many different types of vegetables... He is not "carnivore".

Again, I'm not wanting to get into a debate as to whether Dr Berg is good or bad. I just thought that a lot of people would be interested in the details regarding carrots and their health benefits.
Yeah, I don't agree that the majority of the benefits of carrots are from the sugar, but when you are devoid of sugar, any little bit would make a noticeable difference to mental clarity and energy.

Everyone who promotes keto pushes for carbs to be ideally under 20 grams, and if under 10 grams, the better. When you recommend your followers more carb sources to eat for better health benefits, staying in that zone of daily carb intake becomes harder and requires more discipline to not go past that 20g. In their ideal world it would be better to have incredibly small portions of those vegetables to still be under 20g, but such small portions would heavily diminish the intended benefit of each individual food, so in the real world your daily intake would go well past that 20g, especially when experimenting with a new food you learn the benefits of. This becomes much harder to do with no coaching on how to handle more carb sources. At that point it's not even keto, but more low carb.

Oh yeah for sure you didn't do anything bad, I got what you meant to do :).

The carrot video is also interesting because lately in the health sphere I am seeing more people push for carrots because of its hormonal balancing effects through its detoxifying anti-bacterial properties.

:rightagain

LadyRae

Yeah, I don't agree that the majority of the benefits of carrots are from the sugar, but when you are devoid of sugar, any little bit would make a noticeable difference to mental clarity and energy.

Everyone who promotes keto pushes for carbs to be ideally under 20 grams, and if under 10 grams, the better. When you recommend your followers more carb sources to eat for better health benefits, staying in that zone of daily carb intake becomes harder and requires more discipline to not go past that 20g. In their ideal world it would be better to have incredibly small portions of those vegetables to still be under 20g, but such small portions would heavily diminish the intended benefit of each individual food, so in the real world your daily intake would go well past that 20g, especially when experimenting with a new food you learn the benefits of. This becomes much harder to do with no coaching on how to handle more carb sources. At that point it's not even keto, but more low carb.

Oh yeah for sure you didn't do anything bad, I got what you meant to do :).

The carrot video is also interesting because lately in the health sphere I am seeing more people push for carrots because of its hormonal balancing effects through its detoxifying anti-bacterial properties.

:rightagain
Awesome, yeah I agree.

The whole keto thing is so weird because honestly depending on exercise, you could be in ketosis even eating 100 G of carbs a day...

💕Carrots

Apple

He probably confused sugar with lectins. Lectins are toxic and bind to glucose to blood cells and clump red blood cells together.
So in a way he is right, most sugar sources in modern diet contain loads of lectins and will affect blood.

Last edited:

Apple

Awesome, yeah I agree.

The whole keto thing is so weird because honestly depending on exercise, you could be in ketosis even eating 100 G of carbs a day...

💕Carrots
Keto diet is possible provided one supplements with iodine and thyroid.
Eskimos/innuits were often found hyperthyroid and they have best hair at that. It was noted more than 100 years ago.

aniciete

Keto diet is possible provided one supplements with iodine and thyroid.
Eskimos/innuits were often found hyperthyroid and they have best hair at that. It was noted more than 100 years ago.

Apple

I don't really know all the details of inuits' diet.
Sure it varies throughout the year and depends on specific tribe and location , whether it is raw or dry meat, fish, algae, seals, berries.
Obviously they consumed lots of thyroid supporting substances and their diet was high in fat. Hyperthyroidism was frequent among Inuits according to the studies and the occurrence of hypothyroidism was low.

If one is hyperthyroid with high mitochondrial activity (considering very cold climate) sure his energy expenditure are much higher than of a mexican and fat metabolism is of utmost importance.

Summer

Didn’t the Inuit used to have short lifespans? I imagine that would be related to low vitamin c intake.