You do not need vitamin D

PeskyPeater

Leo and Longevity is a hack. I am surprised somebody would give him the time of day here
What do you mean by him being a hack? He is kind of peculiar in that he uses dextro amphetamine and donezepil anticholinergic and justifies its use of ssri somehow being oke coz it works on sigma-1 that must have awesome superpowers.

PeskyPeater

This video is about not needing to use supplements to provide the hormone calcitriol and it self regulation mechanism that actually isnt needed to suplement to prevents rickets and so the term vitamin is incorrect.
Still its a good idea to use calcium with hormone calcitriol as they are synergistic. Probably why RP always advised them both together, but Ive never heard him about the selfregulation actions of calcitriol and the discrepencies seen of it's differing effects for ppl in other location and environmental conditions and from difference heritage, not races, no dont dare to talk about races , the dont even exist, it's dna proof we are all human. nothing other no aliens here..
That concept of races is a superficial stupid adult invention, kids have no negative notion of races, they dont care about that, just about making friends with fellow humans to have fun with an they can relate to.
Until the stoopid adults with their silly concepts introduce it, racism, differentiation of people superficially by their skin color that when used in negative disadvantage is punishable by law. .making this aware to the kids easy of course, the adult convince them with their authoritarian extraordinary teaching super powers. this being just one -ism out of a whole arsenal of stoopid -isms.
the adult typically accomplish this with great proud, fully integrating their stoopid concepts and dogmas, just as it has been done to them by their superiors, into the minds of the once free thinking and of infinite creativity and innocent genius. after years of participating in the organised cults of adults they call school, as they are leveling up the kids are losing more and more pieces of their soul, until finally the kids has achieved it's ultimate form. Now being able to mimic them perfectly and belong in the society of adulthood.

Last edited:

Miso

Leo is very intelligent and discusses interesting topics, but he rarely entertains opposing views when challenged because of his intellectual superiority complex. I.e When provided with dozens of studies rebutting his views on the benefits of fish oil and serotonin, he dismisses them, and just said he prefers to avoid Ray Peat’s perspective.

Giraffe

This video is about not needing to use supplements to provide the hormone calcitriol and it self regulation mechanism that actually isnt needed to suplement to prevents rickets and so the term vitamin is incorrect.
Still its a good idea to use calcium with hormone calcitriol as they are synergistic. Probably why RP always advised them both together, but Ive never heard him about the selfregulation actions of calcitriol and the discrepencies seen of it's differing effects for ppl in other location and environmental conditions and from difference heritage,
Don't mix up calcidiol and calcitriol.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Leo is very intelligent and discusses interesting topics, but he rarely entertains opposing views when challenged because of his intellectual superiority complex. I.e When provided with dozens of studies rebutting his views on the benefits of fish oil and serotonin, he dismisses them, and just said he prefers to avoid Ray Peat’s perspective.
Well said. I find that to be true of most intelligent thinkers. Ray's ideas toss a heavy wrench in their mechanistic thinking-processes and that is very uncomfortable. Cognitive dissonance is not avoidable once one dwells into the Peat sphere.

Neeters 27

We all know Vit D is a ProHormone. we do need it, especially in climates where there's no sun except in summer and in far latitude to equator (northern Canada for me)
I work indoors, and if I do go outside in summer I fry in 20 minutes, plus I cant stand getting hot and sweaty. I take 5000 Vid D3 with K2 from m7, most days. I was so low 10 years ago, that I had to get shots of 50,000 every 2 weeks. took a long time to up my levels.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals