You Better Take Out Some Insurance

G

Gray Ling

Flag_of_South_Africa_svg_mirror.png

This is me about my country, South Africa. Now I've said before 'this country is sick and superstitious.' It is.

Let me illustrate.
SDC14595.jpg

Here is a show of what the financial services industry's response is. It's apparent they would like to sell South Africans disability insurance from R130.00 per month for Diabetes and HIV/AIDS.
Is this shocking? Please tell me if I'm crazy to plan for my disability. I think it's nuts especially if THERE IS A WAY OUT OF IT!

There's a lot of hype and arousing info in the media too. It sounds exciting but its confusing.
One editor of a business newspaper claimed that 'sugar kills more South Africans than HIV/AIDS has ever done.' This is a loaded statement. A load of BS really.

The media teases us with "Consuming large amounts of sugar puts people at high risk for lifestyle diseases like diabetes, stroke and obesity."

And then there's the 'symbolic slap in the face', as Jamie Oliver put it.
The Sugar Tax.
Some of you in The US, Mexico and France can relate. Sugar tax is figured to be about 20%.

Does this whole thing seem confusing?
This is the beginning of a game i don't like. It's only just begun...

So what are South Africans being dealt?
  • Well the Insurance industry is ready to absorb the horrors of your health to the point of disability.
  • Government says 'the system' of tax which includes the sugar tax is fair and inclusive
  • University researchers says it could possibly reduce obesity
  • In the end it's too confusing this game, and people like me don't know what sugars are good.

My conclusion?
I don't like the game I'm being dealt in.
I don't like how big industry players are willing to absorb this mad horror story of Diabetes and HIV/AIDS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This year, in view of the need to raise additional revenue and reduce the budget deficit, we have paid special attention to the fairness and inclusivity of the tax system," stated Gordhan(South Africa's Minister of Finance).

For me its it's like the there are mad-eyed dogs drooling over the weak one's saying "You better take out some insurance."
And, if by qualifying for the R130.00 per month deal it is seen as 'fair and inclusive' then this loopy world I live in is running a strange new system.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals