Yogurt allergy

beachbum

Hi all

Just wondering if I m the only one very allergic to yogurt.

I get a massive headache/ head pressure, breathing problems, and other things I can't remember. Totally afraid to eat it. My main problem was a massive headache lasting a good 2-3 days. My reaction to it is almost immediate.

Thank you
Susan

D

Derek

beachbum said:
post 111127 Hi all

I get a massive headache/ head pressure, breathing problems, and other things I can't remember. Totally afraid to eat it. My main problem was a massive headache lasting a good 2-3 days. My reaction to it is almost immediate.

Thank you
Susan

I have this reaction to fermented dairy also. It's caused by the lactic acid in most cases. Even if it's Greek/strained yogurt it still contains a lot of lactate. Could also be an increase in serotonin caused by the probiotics as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hi Derek

I was thinking it was the lactic acid because if I take a non neutral probiotic same thing but not as extreme but enough to mess me up totally. Thank you for your reply, nice to know im not alone. I googled it and found pretty much no one with this allergy. Im sorry your a victim. . :roll:

Nicholas

yogurt is well known to have histamine. cottage cheese, on the other hand, has much less.

D

Derek

beachbum said:
post 111135 Hi Derek

I was thinking it was the lactic acid because if I take a non neutral probiotic same thing but not as extreme but enough to mess me up totally. Thank you for your reply, nice to know im not alone. I googled it and found pretty much no one with this allergy. Im sorry your a victim. . :roll:

Ray Peat also has this reaction to fermented dairy. I don't think it's unique to just me and you, lots of people I know have this. Just drink milk or have farmer cheese/mozzarella.

jyb

Derek said:
post 111132
beachbum said:
post 111127 Hi all

Thank you
Susan

I have this reaction to fermented dairy also. It's caused by the lactic acid in most cases. Even if it's Greek/strained yogurt it still contains a lot of lactate. Could also be an increase in serotonin caused by the probiotics as well.

Yogurt has both L and D lactate. It is the D lactate that is neurotoxic, not the L. Some yogurts are high in D, others lower, depending on the type (bacteria) of yogurt. Same for other fermented products.

tara

Every now and then I experiment with yogurt or similar - because sometimes I really like the taste or crave it. I usually regret it if I eat more than a little.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals