Yes There Is A Ms. Peat

Though I am attracted to the idea that he kept it secret so that it wouldn't hurt his popularity among his female fans. Remember that John Lennon's marriage was initially hidden in the early years of Beatlemania.

mrchibbs

Why would he keep this a secret for so long? Why would he never mention it in all his interviews?

Mmm this has been known for a while, and the fact he has a brother too.

mrchibbs

This has been known for years, dont know why it is such a biggie for some...
theres also a thread that discussed if having a wife is peaty

My thoughts exactly.

mrchibbs

Katherine

I knew it.

Together 40 years he says.

33:57

I knew he had to be married. His overall satisfaction with his life, and his use of "we" when discussing dietary stuff...I knew it I knew it.

He's not married though.

mrchibbs

and no kids?
i smell some serious health complications here...
i you are a healthy man than you want to reproduce

Not necessarily.

Tarmander

People saying he never mentioned it because he wasn't asked... are you autistic?

If you are with someone for 40 years, you talk about them. It is a normal thing. Unless Peat is autistic himself which is possible I guess

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Do you think Peat has purposely kept his relationship secret to mask his interests in Kenogen?
He did not keep his relationship a secret.

Maljam

People saying he never mentioned it because he wasn't asked... are you autistic?

If you are with someone for 40 years, you talk about them. It is a normal thing. Unless Peat is autistic himself which is possible I guess

He says "we" a lot and most of the time we hear him speak are health shows where people are asking direct questions and they have a limited amount of time, it makes sense he doesn't talk deeply about his relationship.

Aymen

I asked him a question before:

Do you think looking for marriage (instead of doing casual sex and uncommitted relationships) and wanting to have children are both signs of high metabolism?

Ray: i think good health goes with a desire for a permanent relationship.

As he lives his life of ease, Raymond Peat, it seems, has all he needs... And his fans begin to sing: "We all wish that Ray Peat replies to me, Ray Peat replies to me, Ray Peat replies to me. We all wish that Ray Peat replies to me, Ray peat relies to me, Ray peat replies to me,...."

boris

its written in the genes.
A healthy function body (and mind) always wants to reproduce to prevent extinction.

What if you are healthy, but living in a prison. Would you birth a child into that situation?

Hgreen56

What if you are healthy, but living in a prison. Would you birth a child into that situation?
i get your point but I do'nt think that ray or his wife are in such extreme situation that they wont have kids.
i am just guessing you know haha, who knows they have kids...

Nighteyes

yeah you might not be that far off.. I often worry how one is supposed to bring a child into This world while still Living ingrained in society. With vaccines, terrible public schools brainwashing kids, screens polluting everyones minds.. I sometimes Think I would not be able to handle all these compromises and witness these socially accepted cruelties.. I dunno, maybe go live with your kids in the forest and bring Them up there is best.

Dobbler

Ah man, this is a deal breaker for me. Since he didn't share this secret, i can no longer eat his diet and believe in his teachings. Time to start vitamin A depletion diet immediately, im sure the inventor of that diet will admit his full relationship history since middle school.

gaze

I can’t tell if your joking or not....I guess I’m the autistic one:shock:

Comstock

If you have had governments clandestinely pursue you, and have had people you trust turn out to be spies, I think you try your best to be as inconspicuous as possible with your personal life. He probably feels ok talking about it now given he's in his 80's.

postman

I asked him a question before:

Do you think looking for marriage (instead of doing casual sex and uncommitted relationships) and wanting to have children are both signs of high metabolism?

Ray: i think good health goes with a desire for a permanent relationship.
That flies in the face of what certain leftists on here believe who say that monogamy is an expression of sexist patriarchal capitalist need to own your partner

Sheik

The way he answered made me think they've been together but are not married. Because it was sort of a "Yeah, kinda" answer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals