Yes, But What TYPE Of Vinegar

mariange

Hi All,

I've been using a balsamic vinegar that I had on the shelf for the carrot salad. And while it was tasty, I don't think (from what I can tell searching this forum) that balsamic is the Ray Peat preferred type of vinegar. As my bottle is running out anyway, I thought I would try to find out what I should buy next time around.

I've seen a few references to white, and a few references to apple cider (sometimes Bragg's, sometimes not). I guess I've always avoided white vinegar, thinking it was a grain product. But I went searching online, and did find some good white recommendations at Cook's Illustrated. Does anyone know if we're trying to minimize or maximize ethyl acetate content?

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/tastete ... docid=9999

Would it be even better to seek out a fruit vinegar?

Thanks for any input!

Mariange

mariange

I don't know yet if it's a good reference, but just found a free Kindle book on Amazon called "The Production of Vinegar from Honey" by Gerard W. Bancks. I've downloaded and will provide some feedback if it's interesting.

Bluebell

I think that Peat recommends the basic white vinegar, and I think he says that the ACV with mother has possible fungal toxins in it.

I also wonder if there's a better vinegar to use than white.

Balsamic does sound good - a reduction from grapes - I wonder what Peat would think of that?

mariange

I think the free Kindle book has inspired me to try to make a batch of vinegar with honey / water as the starting point.

If nothing else, it will be "interesting science." :D

Blossom

I like rice vinegar too. I also only buy it in a glass bottle.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J 2021 update of Ascorbic Acid supplement, yes or no? C 10
M Transdermal magnesium yes or no? Ask For Help or Advice 5
GelatinGoblin How to prepare Asparagus? Discard water yes or keep it for Mg Zn antioxidants Potassium? How long to boil? Steam? Ask For Help or Advice 5
johnwester130 Are we living in a simulation? If yes, how do you leave? Society 148
ecstatichamster Yes There Is A Ms. Peat Ray Peat Topics 63
Adnada Pre Pregnancy Testing, Yes Or No? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Inaut Being Forced To Wear Masks. Yes No Maybe So Polls 302
A Low Grade Coffee, Yes Or No? Ask For Help or Advice 4
M Nutrient Supplements -yes Or No? Ask For Help or Advice 22
Broken man Cocoa Butter- Yes Or No? Fats 14
dand "When Evidence Says No, But Doctors Say Yes Scientific Studies 2
Prota Tart Cherry, Yes Or No? Blogs 4
charlie The Official Unsubscribe Issue Testing Topic. Please Help Test! Yes, This Means YOU! Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 20
seano "The Quantlet": Yes, No, Maybe So? [Wrist / Battery Infrared Device] Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 6
J Grapefruit - Yes/No Fruits 10
C Raisins (seedless & Organic) ? Yes/no Fruits 6
Xisca Another Log. Yes I Am Better With This New Diet! Logs 54
D probiotic dairy.....yes or no? Yoghurt, Kefir 8
S RA, Fibromyalgia, Lyme and estrogen allergy... Oh yes Meet & Greet 5
mrchibbs This is the type of propaganda people have to face Vaccines 89
OccamzRazer What causes this type of red line on the outside of eyes? Skin 2
S Dietary type 2 resistant starch improves systemic inflammation and intestinal permeability? Starches, Fiber, Legumes 53
Drareg 5α-reductase type 2 (SRD5α2) Scientific Studies 9
A Scientists Discover a New Type of Biochemical That Could Be in All Life on Earth Articles & Scientific Studies 1
L Which ginseng brand or type is the best Supplements 12
haidut Stress (cortisol) as the driver of hyperglycemia in type II diabetes Scientific Studies 0
U Any type of body movement or stimulation knocks me out... Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 29
forterpride Reversing type 2 diabetes Ted Talk Ask For Help or Advice 2
J Best type of filling to get for a cavity/decay 2021 Oral Health 10
bzmazu Is COVID19 a New Type of Bio-Energetic Disease State? We May Find Out the Hard Way March 2021. Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 6
lvysaur Aryanism, veganism, blood type, empathy and the Indo-European lie. Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 17
metabolizm A Description Of "The Adrenal Type" Metabolism 14
Hugh Johnson Type A Three Digit Number And "new Cases" On Google Society 4
Mito LLLT Using A Helmet-type Device For The Treatment Of Androgenetic Alopecia Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 16
F Genes, Blood Type Tied To Risk Of Severe COVID-19 Vaccines 0
E Type III Interferons: Protective Or Harmful In COVID-19? Scientific Studies 0
ursidae The Blood Type A Problem Digestion 12
zarrin77 Mega Salt Diet Improves Type 1 Diabetes In Children And Increases Glucose Oxidation Scientific Studies 28
Cloudhands Thiamine Type? Ask For Help or Advice 25
Victor Candeias Thiamine Disulfide As A Potent Inhibitor Of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (type-1) Production Scientific Studies 8
W Reversing Type 2 Diabetes IdeaLabs 10
ecstatichamster A Friend Got Flu Shot And Came Down With Covid-19 Type Sick Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 3
G Blood Type And Coronavirus Susceptibility Miscellaneous Health Discussions 19
methylenewhite Another Vaccine Failure. Vaccine-derived Poliovirus Mutated And Spreads Like Wild Type Scientific Studies 2
A.D. Foods For Family Member With Type 2 Diabetes Diet 2
J What Is The Best Type Of Calcium Supplement (2020) Calcium 66
L Consuming Large Amounts Of Table Sugar Produces What Type Of Deficiencies? Ask For Help or Advice 15
cyclops Supplement Calcium With What Type Of Meals? Diet 1
I What Can A Stressy Type Of Person Take? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
haidut Vitamin D Strikingly Therapeutic For Type II Diabetes Scientific Studies 16