Yeast Intolerance?

M

metabolizm

Does anyone here suffer from a yeast intolerance?

I've long suspected gluten as being problematic for me, but I'm beginning to wonder whether yeast could be the hidden culprit. My symptoms were really bad today (itchy scalp), and it occurred to me that I ate quite a large amount of ready-made beef stock last night, which had yeast extract as an ingredient. The plot thickens...

P

Peatness

Does anyone here suffer from a yeast intolerance?

I've long suspected gluten as being problematic for me, but I'm beginning to wonder whether yeast could be the hidden culprit. My symptoms were really bad today (itchy scalp), and it occurred to me that I ate quite a large amount of ready-made beef stock last night, which had yeast extract as an ingredient. The plot thickens...
Did you resolve this issue? If so what was helpful?

SOMO

This should be easy to test. You could:

Buy a few different yeast-free alcohol/spirits and some that are made with yeast. Consume a few hours apart and see if you have any reactions.

Alternatively, bake homemade sourdough bread. If you want to get more specific, use gluten-free flour to rule out gluten as an allergen (which it is, but not everyone reacts to it.)

Yeast Extract should be less problematic though because the yeast is killed and then the "cell membrane" is filtered out. However, the yeast do use Estrogen to reproduce, so it is possible there is Estrogen in yeast extract. I think overall the yeast extract is a safe ingredient.

The kind of symptoms that could possibly be blamed on yeast/yeast metabolic products could cause:
-Significant bloating
-Fizzy burps or burps with a yeasty smell
-Headaches, particularly sinus headaches (nose and eye area)
-Stuffy nose that does not get unstuffed by blowing it

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals