Yeast Extract Stimulates Glucose Metabolism And Inhibits Lipolysis In Rat Adipocytes In Vitro

SOMO

Yeast is a good source of B Vitamins which by themselves help glucose oxidation.

Yeast is estrogen in though, so I wonder if YE would be superior.

lampofred

Yeah isn't yeast basically pure estrogen..? Interesting that it lowers fat oxidation and increases glucose oxidation.

tara

I think Peat said that making a hot water extract of brewers yeast would probably leave much of the estrogenic stuff behind in the solids. The B-vits are water soluble.

lvysaur

I think Peat said that making a hot water extract of brewers yeast would probably leave much of the estrogenic stuff behind in the solids. The B-vits are water soluble.
If only someone could come up with a yeast-based fat-free drink

tara

If only someone could come up with a yeast-based fat-free drink
You can do it yourself.
Buy brewers yeast. Boil up a big spoonful in water. Let it settle. Pour off liquid into your cup. Add whatever else you like to taste.
(Actually, I don't know the amounts - I don't know how much you'd want to have at a time.)

Last edited:

lvysaur

You can do it yourself.
Buy brewers yeast. Boil up a big spoonful in water. Let it settle. Pour off liquid into your cup. Add whatever else you like to taste.
(Actually, I don't know the amounts - I don't know how much you'd want to have at a time.)
it was a joke lol

:cheers

SOMO

You can do it yourself.

Yeast tastes gross though (for many people.)

I made the mistake of adding too much yeast to sourdough bread once and it tastes like straight Marmte/Vegemite.

I actually like the taste of yeast btw, but it can get overwhelming and unpleasant quick.
it was a joke lol

I’ve actually made a yeast drink before - the one RP suggested.

It sort of worked but the yeast made everything clumpy and gelatinous and even filtering resulted in only a bit of liquid which proceeded to give me gas (indicating the yeast was not entirely killed by the boiling water).

OP
S

success23

I assume the boiling will remove the water soluble vitamins also...

I think i tracked the lipolysis inhibiting effect to beta - glucan . It is said that yeast is a highly bioavailable source of it.

tara

it was a joke lol

:)
Yeast tastes gross though (for many people.)

I made the mistake of adding too much yeast to sourdough bread once and it tastes like straight Marmte/Vegemite.

I actually like the taste of yeast btw, but it can get overwhelming and unpleasant quick.

I’ve actually made a yeast drink before - the one RP suggested.

It sort of worked but the yeast made everything clumpy and gelatinous and even filtering resulted in only a bit of liquid which proceeded to give me gas (indicating the yeast was not entirely killed by the boiling water).
I've known people to fight over the end of the marmite jar to make a drink out of it. :) But if it's overwhelming, maybe that's an indicator of how much is enough?

Brewers yeast should be dead before you start, shouldn't grow at all. Did you use live yeast? I would expect that to get clumpy etc.

I assume the boiling will remove the water soluble vitamins also...
From what I've read, I thought most B-vits tend to leach out of vegetables etc into the water they are cooked in, and not to be much reduced by quick boiling? B1 may be more damaged? That's what I expected to happen with the yeast too?
Vit C is damaged by heat.
Several vitamins are damaged by light.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals