Xenforo Suggestions, Bugs, Let's Make It Better Thread!

cjm

Is there a way to embed an Excel or Google spreadsheet in a post?

Or a way to create a simple table with formula cells? See: Unmaintained - CTA Table BB Code

If there's a BB code for this, I'm missing it...

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Is there a way to embed an Excel or Google spreadsheet in a post?

Or a way to create a simple table with formula cells? See: Unmaintained - CTA Table BB Code

If there's a BB code for this, I'm missing it...
I am not comfortable embedding spreadsheets due to security reasons. They are also a risk to click on if you are not 100% sure of the source.

cjm

I am not comfortable embedding spreadsheets due to security reasons. They are also a risk to click on if you are not 100% sure of the source.

Understandable. Would those concerns pertain to posters having the ability to create little tables with formula cells? The "spreadsheet" would be contained to a particular post. I couldn't find evidence of this question being asked elsewhere on the forum, so don't mind me if I'm the only one asking. I just wanted to make it convenient for forum-cruisers to do a little math. Appreciate the quick response, btw.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Understandable. Would those concerns pertain to posters having the ability to create little tables with formula cells? The "spreadsheet" would be contained to a particular post. I couldn't find evidence of this question being asked elsewhere on the forum, so don't mind me if I'm the only one asking. I just wanted to make it convenient for forum-cruisers to do a little math. Appreciate the quick response, btw.
What exactly did you have in mind? If it would be useful I could possibly make its own page on the server.

cjm

What exactly did you have in mind? If it would be useful I could possibly make its own page on the server.

DataTables:

Add a simple
BB code. Columns are separated by using commas or pipes. Rows are separated by new line characters. There is no other complex BB code to learn to create rows or columns.

Not sure this is exactly it. It's a premium feature (read: $$) and it doesn't lend itself to number-crunching, more of a presentation tool.

In short, I want to post an editable formula. A few Excel cells would suffice. The DataTables add-on doesn't appear to accommodate cells that contain formulas.

I'll dig more for a proper solution or just attach the spreadsheet as a downloadable file.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
In short, I want to post an editable formula. A few Excel cells would suffice. The DataTables add-on doesn't appear to accommodate cells that contain formulas.

I'll dig more for a proper solution or just attach the spreadsheet as a downloadable file.
Sounds good. :hattip

Owen B

Greetings....

I'm having problems with the "Portal".

Usually, there is an option on bottom of the first page where I can page back. And when I do that it usually brings up the the picture of the poster. But the portal displays for only one page.

It's indispensable to be able to page back numerous days if I haven't logged on for a couple of days.

One day it was there, the next day it was gone, the next back for one day, now it hasn't been there for days.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Greetings....

I'm having problems with the "Portal".

Usually, there is an option on bottom of the first page where I can page back. And when I do that it usually brings up the the picture of the poster. But the portal displays for only one page.

It's indispensable to be able to page back numerous days if I haven't logged on for a couple of days.

One day it was there, the next day it was gone, the next back for one day, now it hasn't been there for days.
You can click on "recent posts" right above the first topic.

Is this on mobile you are having this issue?

Owen B

You can click on "recent posts" right above the first topic.

Is this on mobile you are having this issue?
You're right. That worked. But I wonder what happened to the option that's usually at the bottom of the page.

I have a laptop with a temporary wireless connection that's a little sketchy.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You're right. That worked. But I wonder what happened to the option that's usually at the bottom of the page.

I have a laptop with a temporary wireless connection that's a little sketchy.
Not sure what is going on, will try to reproduce it on other devices to see what the issue is.