Xanax Effect

Unlike other positive allosteric modulators that increases ligand binding, benzodiazepine binding acts as a positive allosteric modulator by increasing the total conduction of chloride ions across the neuronal cell membrane when GABA is already bound to its receptor. Once bound to the benzodiazepine receptor, the benzodiazepine ligand locks the benzodiazepine receptor into a conformation in which it has a greater affinity for the GABA neurotransmitter. This increases the frequency of the opening of the associated chloride ion channel and hyperpolarizes the membrane of the associated neuron. The inhibitory effect of the available GABA is potentiated, leading to sedatory and anxiolytic effects.

FredSonoma

Xanax is potent at eliminating stress response; the effect lasts until at least through the next day in my experience. The biggest downside though is it absolutely obliterates a certain type of memory (not sure if considered "working" or "episodic"). The type of memory that many people can function fine without, but it is remarkable how even little doses will make me forget things like what I ate for dinner the previous night or a certain conversation. It also eliminates inhibitions, so you might find yourself saying something you normally wouldn't, and this can alienate people. Those people are typically high cortisol/serotonin types. Due to all this, I think it is best reserved for serious acute stress/panic relief.

it is amazing how people prescribed xanax will tell me the same story multiple times

i assume they just have zero memory of telling me before

people on xanax will tell you ever tiny detail of their day every single day

makes no sense at all

Lecarpetron

I've been searching actively for a "natural" replacement for my old friend alprazolam for years. Nothing else comes close.

I expected great things from high dose niacinamide and...nothing.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

I've been searching actively for a "natural" replacement for my old friend alprazolam for years. Nothing else comes close.

I expected great things from high dose niacinamide and...nothing.
I find because it's an energetic process rather than sedating, you have to really "feed" it. Like a very sweet milk or lots of OJ at the same time?

Fractality

it is amazing how people prescribed xanax will tell me the same story multiple times

makes no sense at all

Do you know the mg amount they take and at what frequency?

Dhair

makes no sense at all
Their memory or lack thereof doesn't explain that kind of behavior. It is psychopathic. They simply do not care if you don't want to hear them and they are entirely self-obsessed. Chronic benzodiazepine abuse can turn even the kindest, most empathetic person into a monster.

Frankdee20

Their memory or lack thereof doesn't explain that kind of behavior. It is psychopathic. They simply do not care if you don't want to hear them and they are entirely self-obsessed. Chronic benzodiazepine abuse can turn even the kindest, most empathetic person into a monster.

Is that because they're so relaxed they have no inhibitions ?

FredSonoma

my exact experience put into words

the intense hatred when i think about people that I knew that were benzo users is insane

absolutely shamelessly sociopathic is the only way to describe it

FredSonoma

Do you know the mg amount they take and at what frequency?
no idea unfortunately

i know daily, i knew 1 well enough to know it was once in the morning, once at night

otherwise no idea about doses, they were prescribed it by a doctor though