WWII Soldiers Ate Peaty And Low(ish) A

Damn. I really need to get my calories up. People were eating more under ration than I do normally.
How many calories do you usually get in a day?

Pulstar

Lol. Most of the Grant Genereux disciples would faint just at the thought of all the poison A in those foods. Do you know how much betapoisonin is in one carrot? Eggs are not foods, they are poisonous junk. And do you know what all the stearic acid does in combination with retinol? And have you any idea how much retinoic acid can hide in one molecule of casein? Good guy Garrett Smith would be ashamed of your ignorance!
You should read all of @Vinero posts to educate yourself - or just one, they all say the same .
LOL!
Well, as we know, all the foods besides white rise, beef and black beans are now stigmatized as peaty. I don't really understand how this planet survived by eating so peaty.

Last edited:
If you've got the money, you can literally eat an actual WW2 K-ration, as there are unopened sealed cannisters still existing. A guy on YouTube called Steve1989 eats very old sealed food, and seems to not get sick from them.

Perhaps we could send one to Ray for his next birthday present.

nbznj

yea, honestly they probably needed double the calories. No way someone can fight in a war zone on 2800 calories. Many reports say they lost way too much weight, and things like beri beri from vitamin b deficiency, which is probably from underrating.

That’s for the guys fighting and being insanely stressed out. They needed way more calories for sure.

My first post was reflecting on how the 2830kcal ration was established as adapted to men walking 10 miles a day with heavy gear on their backs. Who the hell is more active than those guys in modern sedentary societies? Yet everyone eats way more. Unnecessarily so...

tara

They weren't designed to be relied on for more than 5 days at a time. They were acknowledged at the time as inadequate nutrition for combat troops. Recommended for no more than 10 days emergency rations. They were eventually improved on.
They didn't reliably meet basic nutritional needs - even calories, let alone all the rest - evidence being that people relying too heavily on them for too long frequently suffered in major weight loss (including muscle wasting) and significant deficiency diseases (lack of vitamins).

They could be shipped, stored and carried. Could mostly be eaten cold if necessary. That's what they had going for them.

I'd be surprised if this were a diet Peat would recommend to many people if there were a wider range of options available.
That being said, I have no doubt that there are people now for whom they would be an improvement.

Marcine

And now they"re going to put the Seals on Keto. Dismal. Seals without their beer? They'll probably kill each other.
I just saved a friend from his stupid probably US trained physician here in Ecuador who put him on a keto diet. Traditional food here is very Peat and lots of tropical fruit juice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom