Wrinkles

Wagner83

He’s quite the mainstream dieter tho

A recent video from 2 months ago...

Elliott Hulse

Although what he says will obviously improve health compared to the SAD. But then you have people commenting “all carbs are bad” and “fat/cholesterol is a myth” and all that trash.
I just took him as an example of someone with great skin who ate high -fat, I'm not recommending high-fat. I'd bet james iv is in a similar case. Perhaps digestive health and nutrients matter a lot more (gelatin..).

Anyone had success in reversing wrinkles ?
Stabilized Aloe Vera and Centella Asiatica, regenerates skin and reduces wrinkles. I used it on my face against acne scarring, reducing pores and wrinkles.

edit

best to use fresh aloe gel directly from the leaf, or a stabilized version, unstabilized gel don't work well. marketing

Motif

Stabilized Aloe Vera and Centella Asiatica, regenerates skin and reduces wrinkles. I used it on my face against acne scarring, reducing pores and wrinkles.

edit

best to use fresh aloe gel directly from the leaf, or a stabilized version, unstabilized gel don't work well. marketing
Thanks!

Peatfan19

I wonder if anyone reversed deep wrinkles on here? Thank you:)
Wheat germ oil.

I am in my late 40's, and developed crows feet and wrinkles around the eyes at a relatively young age after near-constant squinting, the result of light eyes which are particularly sensitive to light.

About a month ago I started experimenting with topical wheat germ oil, with (unexpected) phenomenal results. The crows feet and wrinkles have been dramatically reduced, and my skin has acquired the kind of softness and suppleness I had back in my 20's.

Together with sufficient hydration and adequate sleep, there is in my mind likely no better combination for taking care of your skin.

There appears to be some scientific evidence backing up the healing and regenerative properties of wheat germ oil, e.g below:

Comparative measurement of hydration effects of herbal moisturizers ("Comparative measurement of hydration of herbal moisturizers")

"....Wheat germ oil is rich in Vitamins A, D and E, used for its antioxidant effects on free radicals in the skin, and is a natural preservative. It supports the skin's natural process of regeneration; aids muscle and lymph function and is particularly valuable for treating dry, aging skin. It is also used for removing stretch marks and scar tissue, and for dry rough skin. It leaves the skin very smooth by nourishing and helping to heal the skin. "

The brand I use is Pranarom, 100% natural, bio wheat germ oil, see link below.

Vegetable oil Wheatgerm VIRGIN | Source of health, pearls of beauty | Vegetable oils | Pranarôm

OP
D

dreamcatcher

Wheat germ oil.

I am in my late 40's, and developed crows feet and wrinkles around the eyes at a relatively young age after near-constant squinting, the result of light eyes which are particularly sensitive to light.

About a month ago I started experimenting with topical wheat germ oil, with (unexpected) phenomenal results. The crows feet and wrinkles have been dramatically reduced, and my skin has acquired the kind of softness and suppleness I had back in my 20's.

Together with sufficient hydration and adequate sleep, there is in my mind likely no better combination for taking care of your skin.

There appears to be some scientific evidence backing up the healing and regenerative properties of wheat germ oil, e.g below:

Comparative measurement of hydration effects of herbal moisturizers ("Comparative measurement of hydration of herbal moisturizers")

"....Wheat germ oil is rich in Vitamins A, D and E, used for its antioxidant effects on free radicals in the skin, and is a natural preservative. It supports the skin's natural process of regeneration; aids muscle and lymph function and is particularly valuable for treating dry, aging skin. It is also used for removing stretch marks and scar tissue, and for dry rough skin. It leaves the skin very smooth by nourishing and helping to heal the skin. "

Vegetable oil Wheatgerm VIRGIN | Source of health, pearls of beauty | Vegetable oils | Pranarôm
Thank you for sharing your experience!:) Sometimes when the skin is dry and very dehydrated, wrinkles appear more prominent. Did you regularly moisture your skin before starting your experience?

@Peatfan19 That vitamin content is very nice and effective but still has a lot of, 62% PUFA fats in the wheat oil. I think it is advised to stay under 4% poly unsaturated fats per solution for optimal stability against oxidation.

Peatfan19

Thank you for sharing your experience!:) Sometimes when the skin is dry and very dehydrated, wrinkles appear more prominent. Did you regularly moisture your skin before starting your experience?

Yes, I tried a wide variety of products over a long period, but none of these provided anything close to the results I find with WGO. Ironic that something so simple and cheap can be so much more effective than the obscenely priced commercial skin care products.

Peatfan19

@Peatfan19 That vitamin content is very nice and effective but still has a lot of, 62% PUFA fats in the wheat oil. I think it is advised to stay under 4% poly unsaturated fats per solution for optimal stability against oxidation.
Thanks for the information, would you mind providing more details of the downside of the high PUFA content of WGO when used topically? I'm keenly aware of the negative health implications of ingesting PUFA's, but is this also relevant to the topical application of a product such as WGO?

BTW, the study I referred to earlier concluded that the most effective combination of all tested was a combination of WGO and aloe vera, which seems to provide support for your experience with aloe vera.

Thanks for the information, would you mind providing more details of the downside of the high PUFA content of WGO when used topically? I'm keenly aware of the negative health implications of ingesting PUFA's, but is this also relevant to the topical application of a product such as WGO?

BTW, the study I referred to earlier concluded that the most effective combination of all tested was a combination of WGO and aloe vera, which seems to provide support for your experience with aloe vera.
The consequence of Pufa on the skin is that it can get into the bloodstream, contributing to Pufa ingestion and oxidation damage of cells. [1] The high vitamin E in Wheat Germ Oil does protect the oil against oxidation for a while at lower temperature in storage but the Vit E will get less somewhat over time, weeks of storage, and accelerated peroxidation of the fatty acids takes place more with higher storage temperatures which could be reached during import transport which raises the question of how good the quality of WGO really is that's stored in the shops. [2]

[1]
Topical application of oil is an effective means of delivering EFAs to the skin and, eventually, to the rest of body. Because a significant portion of ingested EFAs may be oxidized by the liver (up to 60% of ALA and 20% of LA (37)) before reaching peripheral tissues, topical application may be a more efficient route of delivery for skin effects, especially during deficiency (35). Topical application of LA-rich oils has high clinical relevance in the treatment of EFAD in preterm infants, patients receiving total parenteral nutrition, situations of fat malabsorption, and at-risk individuals in the developing world. Importantly, not all oils are equally beneficial to skin barrier function in EFAD states. Darmstadt et al. (38) tested a variety of oils in a mouse model of EFAD. Sunflower seed oil enhanced skin barrier recovery, while mustard seed, olive, and soybean oils delayed skin barrier recovery and, in the case of mustard seed oil, damaged keratinocyte organelles and disrupted the architecture of the stratum corneum (38). Moreover, in normal guinea pigs, topical application of purified omega-3 fatty acids (0.5% EPA or 0.5% DHA) induced epidermal hyperproliferation after five days of daily application (37). The hyperproliferation is accompanied by a decline in 13-HODE, the major epidermal metabolite derived from LA in the epidermis (39). - source

[2] source
08f01.jpg

Peroxide Rate
In the oil corresponding to the wheat germ sample stored at 27°C, no formation of peroxides was detected during all the storage time, as was also reported by Megahad and El Kinawy (2002). However, in the case of the wheat germ samples stored at 45°C, peroxides were observed in the oil after 21 days of storage (1.85 meq/kg), the formation of peroxides being significant after 28 days of storage (P=0.0007, Figure 1), reaching a maximum value of 6.11 meq/kg at the end of the storage period. This can be attributed to the initial propagation stage of the lipid auto-oxidation phenomenon, with chain reactions, and thus a rapid increase of peroxide formation.

Magdalena

Collagen Hydrolysate works well for me as well as eating lots of berries because of vitamin C. I have just started putting some Biovea DHEA cream around my eyes and it does smooth wrinkles immediately. I also started pregnenolone 50 mg and will see if it helps. I will be 40 next year but skin around my eyes was always very thin and dry (including dark circles) But the best tip from me would be to avoid side sleeping and sleeping on your back instead. It made a huge difference for my skin around my eyes. I noticed that rosehip oil works well for me but I am afraid of PUFA in there. Sorry for my writing mistakes, English is not my first language.

Inspired

Wrinkles are more of the result of an accumulation of facial movements, than aging or unhealthy skin.

In most cases, if facial movements are stopped, the skin will not look wrinkled. Only the deeply etched wrinkles are "permanent".

The solution is getting botox injections to prevent facial movement, and using tretinoin cream to remodel the actual skin.

Of course, nutrition, supplementation, hydration, sleep, etc are very supportive of the success of all of the above.

The key though, is to re learn how you express yourself through your face. If you continue to make the same movements, you'll have the same wrinkles.

Magdalena

Thanks for your advice. I had botox injection once but got awful headache for a couple of days and it felt very unnatural. It also was expensive and lasted only for 4 months. That is why I look for natural ways. I have just bought a near infrared sauna made of 4 lamps and can not wait to try it. Yes, nutrition is very important. I try to eat healthy food and take zinc, selenium, biotin, magnesium and niacinamide evey day. But loving and accepting yourself is very important...

Inspired

Thanks for your advice. I had botox injection once but got awful headache for a couple of days and it felt very unnatural. It also was expensive and lasted only for 4 months. That is why I look for natural ways. I have just bought a near infrared sauna made of 4 lamps and can not wait to try it. Yes, nutrition is very important. I try to eat healthy food and take zinc, selenium, biotin, magnesium and niacinamide evey day. But loving and accepting yourself is very important...

Did you like the result of the botox? What did it do for you?

People say botox feels wierd, like heavy feeling in the forehead. But there are also different botulism toxins, and different ways to inject them. It is expensive.

Tretinoin cream is really good too.

I find that being properly hydrated, getting some exercise ( for good circulation and a healthy glow), and moisturizing with something very light at night time, will work very nicely.

Plus, not too much sun tanning.

Magdalena

Yes, I liked the result of botox but my forehead felt strange and did not show emotions. I love dancing and dumb-bells exercises (but not too heavy) when I have energy. Also warm epsom salt baths work like a detox for skin.

I agree, too much sun tanning is not good for skin. Last summer was very hot here in Poland and I was sun bathing a lot. My skin was very dry after it. This summer I cover my face with a hat and spend less time in the sun. I try not to drink too much in order to do to flush out minerals. Juice, coffee, nettle tea and water with electrolytes is what I drink.

I have heard about this Retin-A cream. The doctor who did the botox injection recommended to me similar one (Retises cream- by Sesderma), saying that all her friends used it with great results. I am going to try it.

Inspired

Oh cool. Tretinoin can get rid of dark circles, and make the skin under your eyes thicker. You have to stay out of the sun or wear sunscreen if you use tretinoin. You don't have to use tretinoin forever. You can rebuild your skin with it and then use it everyone once in awhile, and it will help you keep your new younger skin.

There are a lot of different brands of cream with tretinoin. I think one popular one in europe is Cordes Vas. But with any tretinoin cream, you should use the lower strength, like .5%. And there are better ways to use it. It can irritate your skin if you don't use it often enough in the beginning.

Dancing is great exercise.

I think sun is the worst for the skin.

If you are almost 40, then it is time to be careful. Women can age quickly at that age.

Ania

Yes, I liked the result of botox but my forehead felt strange and did not show emotions. I love dancing and dumb-bells exercises (but not too heavy) when I have energy. Also warm epsom salt baths work like a detox for skin.

I agree, too much sun tanning is not good for skin. Last summer was very hot here in Poland and I was sun bathing a lot. My skin was very dry after it. This summer I cover my face with a hat and spend less time in the sun. I try not to drink too much in order to do to flush out minerals. Juice, coffee, nettle tea and water with electrolytes is what I drink.

I have heard about this Retin-A cream. The doctor who did the botox injection recommended to me similar one (Retises cream- by Sesderma), saying that all her friends used it with great results. I am going to try it.
Cześć Magdaleno,
Jak miło, że jest ktoś jeszcze z Polski.
I do a spray with methylene blue, urea, niacynamide and vit B5. I apply it first thing on my face before any other product.
Works great. Not a miracle, but definitely improves facial skin.

Magdalena

Cześć Aniu, nice to hear from you :)
Do you make this spray by yourself? Could you please send me more details on [email protected] ? Thank you

Inspired - Thanks for the info! I will definitely try this cream after summer.

Inspired

Cześć Aniu, nice to hear from you :)
Do you make this spray by yourself? Could you please send me more details on [email protected] ? Thank you

Inspired - Thanks for the info! I will definitely try this cream after summer.
You're welcome. This cream is the ONLY cream scientifically proven to reduce wrinkles, prevent wrinkles, and increase collagen etc.

golder

Wheat germ oil.

Would Haiduts tocovit work here?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals