Wrinkled Fingertips

Makaveli

The fingertips of my left hand have the pruney wrinkled look like they were immersed in water for a long time and its been like that for a few days now. This has never happened to me before. I did a search and saw it could be a thyroid issue or possibly dehydration? I don't drink a lot of water but I'm pretty sure the amount of milk and OJ I drink are sufficient. My temps are in the high 97s and low 98s lately. Anyone have any input on this?

DrJ

Probably a mineral issue. All my dry knuckles and wrinkly finger problems went away when I started getting my minerals right. That means more calcium, and (for me) also magnesium. Quite a bit of it. Try a high mineral-content mineral water like Gerolsteiner, or take a magnesium supplement. Prefer magnesium citrate or magnesium glycinate. Sounds like you're getting at least some calcium in milk.

Bart1

The fingertips of my left hand have the pruney wrinkled look like they were immersed in water for a long time and its been like that for a few days now. This has never happened to me before. I did a search and saw it could be a thyroid issue or possibly dehydration? I don't drink a lot of water but I'm pretty sure the amount of milk and OJ I drink are sufficient. My temps are in the high 97s and low 98s lately. Anyone have any input on this?
I have the exact same thing. I do suffer from hypothyroidism, could that be the cause?

danielbb

I've been trouble-shooting this problem for quite some time now and believe I have it under control. I also had bluish looking fingers as well. I believe it is a thyroid issue but that may not be all of it. I've been able to raise my body temperature to mostly normal and that seems to have correlated nicely to the fingers but I think the key to all of this is simple carbohydrate intake.

I believe simple carbohydrates contained in milk, honey, sugar and orange juice, for example, spaced throughout the day is what has made my shriveled/discolored fingers a thing of the past (for at least a month now). It seems to me many people are afraid of sugar based on cultural conditioning. My simple carb intake is about 250 G a day. 156G from 1% milk (e.g., 12 cups), 22G from OJ (1 cup), 17G 1 tbsp. honey, and 39G from 1 Mexican Coke each day (taken before bed). As you can see, my main carb source is milk and it is when I increased my milk intake that my shriveled fingers and low body temperatures went away. I've also gotten over my fear of salt which has helped with body temperatures. I don't chase salt but I sprinkle it on most things I eat now including fruit.

Bart1

Thanks. I have some issues with getting enough sugars. I think sugar in itself can deplete minerals right? I need to find some good simple carb foods. I will also up my milk intake. I take now 1 quartz will go to 1.5-2. Thanks for sharing your experience!

danielbb

Thanks. I have some issues with getting enough sugars. I think sugar in itself can deplete minerals right? I need to find some good simple carb foods. I will also up my milk intake. I take now 1 quartz will go to 1.5-2. Thanks for sharing your experience!
I found the benefits of sugar by accident. I'd always been told it was bad for you. It made such a huge difference for me that I began researching and that led me to Ray Peat as he is one of the few people out there who extoll the benefits of sugar. Namely, I began learning about the thyroid from Ray. I had no idea that the liver uses sugar to generate almost 70% of the active thyroid hormone T3 from the inactive T4 generated from the thyroid gland. I also learned about the harmful effects of PUFA and starch as in flour. I have learned many things from him and not once has he mentioned mineral depletion from sugar. I have no doubts if used judiciously that sugar is a healing substance. That's based on anecdotal evidence of one (me) and the wonderful writings and scientific analysis of Ray Peat.

danielbb

One other thing I learned accidently, is that drinking two cups of 50/50 milk/coffee in the morning immediately raises my body temperatures and smooth my fingers out. I usually re-warm the mixture for 30 seconds in the microwave after mixing the milk with the coffee.

nwo2012

Coeliacs, gluten intolerance, allergy to substance such as latex etc. These all cause this and im certain its linked to gut inflammation

nwo2012

If you search on here you'll find the study on coeliacs and its effect on fingerprint.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals