Wp Thyroid

connorj123

Ive been on 1 grain of wp thyroid for 25 days so far and i would like to add on another grain to my dose. I think i have experienced the full effect of this 1 grain dose so far but i recall broda barnes saying to add another grain after two months if symptoms havent cleared up. What do you think, too soon?

Im a little warmer, dont crash with fatigue as hard as before, mind is clearer etc but i only feel 30% improved or so. Waking temps are still awful at 36.0 degrees Celsius

Frankdee20

Ive been on 1 grain of wp thyroid for 25 days so far and i would like to add on another grain to my dose. I think i have experienced the full effect of this 1 grain dose so far but i recall broda barnes saying to add another grain after two months if symptoms havent cleared up. What do you think, too soon?

Im a little warmer, dont crash with fatigue as hard as before, mind is clearer etc but i only feel 30% improved or so. Waking temps are still awful at 36.0 degrees Celsius

Any anxiety ? I’m prone to anxiety but could benefit from thyroid as I have high cholesterol and high triglycerides

Jennifer

Maybe try increasing by a 1/4 grain at a time? To find a proper dose without stressing my body, I increased and decreased my dose by 1/4 grain every two weeks since T4 has a half life of about a week, from my understanding. I also keep tabs on my cholesterol level since thyroid can reduce it and if it goes too low, this can trigger stress hormones. I'm glad WP is working for you! I've been on it for about 6 months now and feeling a million times better.

OP
C

connorj123

Maybe try increasing by a 1/4 grain at a time? To find a proper dose without stressing my body, I increased and decreased my dose by 1/4 grain every two weeks since T4 has a half life of about a week, from my understanding. I also keep tabs on my cholesterol level since thyroid can reduce it and if it goes too low, this can trigger stress hormones. I'm glad WP is working for you! I've been on it for about 6 months now and feeling a million times better.

Its nice to hear WP is working for you as well. You hear people saying American NDT isnt as effective anymore but I guess theres no way to know how well they're absorbing the tablet and my thinking is theres a lot of other things at play when taking thyroid

I think I could do half a grain increments for sure but I cant do 1/4 as Ive only got half a grain tablets and dont fancy cutting them in half as they are tiny already

So did you just start off at 1/4 grain and increase every 2 weeks till you felt better ? And how long did it take you to feel better ? Again , glad to hear someone doing well on it lol :)

OP
C

connorj123

Any anxiety ? I’m prone to anxiety but could benefit from thyroid as I have high cholesterol and high triglycerides

Have you checked your waking temps ? Yup I have anxiety but cholesterol is fine. I am young though and they say cholesterol is normally fine if one young while hypo

Jennifer

Its nice to hear WP is working for you as well. You hear people saying American NDT isnt as effective anymore but I guess theres no way to know how well they're absorbing the tablet and my thinking is theres a lot of other things at play when taking thyroid

I think I could do half a grain increments for sure but I cant do 1/4 as Ive only got half a grain tablets and dont fancy cutting them in half as they are tiny already

So did you just start off at 1/4 grain and increase every 2 weeks till you felt better ? And how long did it take you to feel better ? Again , glad to hear someone doing well on it lol :)
Yeah, I've heard that too. It has worked for my mum as well so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for some. Maybe it has to do with digestion, an intolerance to the porcine or not being on a strong enough dose because most doctors will only treat based on blood values and not symptoms.

I actually started out with a non-standardized, over the counter thyroid glandular because I was having daily adrenaline attacks so bad I'd go into convulsions and pass out and doctors wouldn't treat my thyroid because they couldn't see how it was the cause when my blood values were normal. The attacks stopped with the first dose and my doctor finally agreed to put me on WP. She was unfamiliar with NDT, and trying to match the dose to the over the counter glandular, she started me out way too high -- 2 grains -- and my cholesterol dropped to 122 and I felt the adrenaline symptoms returning so I decreased it by 1/4 grain every two weeks (at one point I had to increase it) until symptoms were gone and my cholesterol was up. I would usually see a change in temps and a lessening of symptoms within days of changing my dose, I suspect because the T3 has such a short half life.

OP
C

connorj123

Yeah, I've heard that too. It has worked for my mum as well so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for some. Maybe it has to do with digestion, an intolerance to the porcine or not being on a strong enough dose because most doctors will only treat based on blood values and not symptoms.

I actually started out with a non-standardized, over the counter thyroid glandular because I was having daily adrenaline attacks so bad I'd go into convulsions and pass out and doctors wouldn't treat my thyroid because they couldn't see how it was the cause when my blood values were normal. The attacks stopped with the first dose and my doctor finally agreed to put me on WP. She was unfamiliar with NDT, and trying to match the dose to the over the counter glandular, she started me out way too high -- 2 grains -- and my cholesterol dropped to 122 and I felt the adrenaline symptoms returning so I decreased it by 1/4 grain every two weeks (at one point I had to increase it) until symptoms were gone and my cholesterol was up. I would usually see a change in temps and a lessening of symptoms within days of changing my dose, I suspect because the T3 has such a short half life.

I am gonna get my mum on NDT as well if it continues working for me. Her temps are so low that I couldnt get a reading on my glass thermometer underarm for 10 mins. She had to get out of bed and move around for me to even see a temp of around 35 ish. With all hypo symptoms and sometimes swollen neck

My blood results were technically normal as well! TSH 3.3, FT4 usually always at the top of range but bad basal temps and hypo symptoms

I had medichecks done and when I saw my results were in the "normal" range, I couldnt see the point of trying to get the docs to listen. Interesting that you got them to start you on WP with " normal " bloods. Makes me wonder if I should now give it a try myself when they are allowing face to face appointments again to be honest

mrchibbs

When the tablets are too small, I find its easier to bite one half off instead of trying to cut them. Other than that keep doing what you're doing. Broda Barnes style.

He really made a point to increase slowly and progressively, so I personally I would increase by 1/4th of a grain (by biting half of 1/2). But 1/2 grain increase is good too.

I think it's important to increase slowly, if only so that you have a place to go. If you jump to 2 grains now, you'll probably find yourself jumping to 3 grains in a month, which will be overkill. Instead if you ramp up slowly, and keep adding 1/4 grain every 2 weeks, you'll move towards 2 grains within 2 months, and that's a good, progressive dose.

Plus if your young (20ish more of less) you'll probably be able to improve your temps quickly, by eating more nutritious foods like oysters, and ramping up vitamin D production. Both zinc and vitamin D help the thyroid gland produce T3. And more protein, and regular feedings will help the liver convert t4 into t3.

Kudos on wanting to help your mom. If she's receptive, it'll go a long way towards improving her health. You should buy her some progesterone to apply topically, progesterone helps thyroid function a lot, and it will have great benefits for her too, and it can be a way to segue into thyroid supplementation for her.

OP
C

connorj123

When the tablets are too small, I find its easier to bite one half off instead of trying to cut them. Other than that keep doing what you're doing. Broda Barnes style.

He really made a point to increase slowly and progressively, so I personally I would increase by 1/4th of a grain (by biting half of 1/2). But 1/2 grain increase is good too.

I think it's important to increase slowly, if only so that you have a place to go. If you jump to 2 grains now, you'll probably find yourself jumping to 3 grains in a month, which will be overkill. Instead if you ramp up slowly, and keep adding 1/4 grain every 2 weeks, you'll move towards 2 grains within 2 months, and that's a good, progressive dose.

Plus if your young (20ish more of less) you'll probably be able to improve your temps quickly, by eating more nutritious foods like oysters, and ramping up vitamin D production. Both zinc and vitamin D help the thyroid gland produce T3. And more protein, and regular feedings will help the liver convert t4 into t3.

Kudos on wanting to help your mom. If she's receptive, it'll go a long way towards improving her health. You should buy her some progesterone to apply topically, progesterone helps thyroid function a lot, and it will have great benefits for her too, and it can be a way to segue into thyroid supplementation for her.

Thank you mate. Yeah I could definitely do half a grain increments. Its really tempting to go up to 1.5 grains now at least, but I am dosing how Broda Barnes did like you say so I should give a grain a bit longer than a month probably. I cook everything in refined coconut oil now and eat eggs, cheese and a moderate amount of meat every day at breakfast with lots of salted whole milk and orange juice and fruit. I do topical magnesium spray as well. Im just trying to do everything I can to make the meds work as much as they possibly can. I might add that half a grain next week perhaps

Jennifer

@connorj123 -- Oh, wow! I hope your mum feels better if she does try NDT. I convinced my dad to take it too just recently. He has all the classic symptoms too -- a double bypass, a pulse of 45, freezing even in the dead of summer, weight gain if he eats more than 2000 calories a day -- he's 5'11" and 180 lbs -- etc.

Yeah, sadly, my doctor never would have put me on the WP had I not taken the over the counter and stopped passing out. Also, it helped that she was unfamiliar with NDT. When I explained that it's a glandular just like the over the counter, she saw it as a supplement and not a "drug." So yeah, I think it's worth a shot, especially if you have insurance that will cover the cost of the prescription. I wish you luck! :)

Last edited:
OP
C

connorj123

Are there any progest creams you would recommend in england or even europe? would i be able to use it as well? i've heard really good things about that

golder

Anyone have any idea where to get WP Thyroid/Westhroid/Naturethroid any more? Thanks!

Frankdee20

So NDT helped your cholesterol ?