Would You Sacrifice Your Smartphone For Your Freedom?

Ell

Would not own a cell phone again ever
,Think of the one device that almost everyone in the world has gotten in the last 10 years and then think of why the whole world is so docile and obedient to the covid nonsense. It has been researched for years of how to influence behavior with frequency. Do any of you know really what the frequency and sub frequencies are on your phone?
We just drove across the Navajo and there was a cell tower every 3 miles. The Navajo have masks and shots and fear

I'm one of the few who never got one of these android thing. I just didn't think it prudent to put a microwave transmitter upside my head. Plus, it would be such a huge distraction, to have people calling me all the time, text, etc. Annoying I'd imagine. Land Line has worked fine, people who really need to get a hold of me know how to do it. Those phones can make people rude too, like if you're taking to someone and their phone rings.... Those phones are totally disruptive to normal social interaction. Its as if it steals your identity somehow..... Another conclusion I reached..... cell phones are Vanity Devices.

Mll777

Please keep in mind that many 'dumb' phones are still pretty smart for instance some of them are running KaiOS, which has been bought by Google and many phones are running this OS, so you still have Whatsapp, Google maps, etc, convenient for many, but the opposite of what we try to achieve.... I also find that many 'real' dumb phones only support 2G which will probably be very short lived technology.

By the way, I did find a dumb phone and gave up my Smartphone a couple of months ago, and best decision in a long time. And I work for a IT company, so most look at me as if I am some sort of looney. I either don't care or I try to educate people about the dangers of smartphone, big-tech, and have more trust in themself and older ways of communicating.

OP
P

Peatness

Please keep in mind that many 'dumb' phones are still pretty smart for instance some of them are running KaiOS, which has been bought by Google and many phones are running this OS, so you still have Whatsapp, Google maps, etc, convenient for many, but the opposite of what we try to achieve.... I also find that many 'real' dumb phones only support 2G which will probably be very short lived technology.

By the way, I did find a dumb phone and gave up my Smartphone a couple of months ago, and best decision in a long time. And I work for a IT company, so most look at me as if I am some sort of looney. I either don't care or I try to educate people about the dangers of smartphone, big-tech, and have more trust in themself and older ways of communicating.
Which phone did you get?

Mll777

CAT B45, I wanted to share the website but strangely I find no trace of the model so far...
Be careful of the older models they are running KaiOS the B45 doesn't it is a brand new model with less features.

OP
P

Peatness

CAT B45, I wanted to share the website but strangely I find no trace of the model so far...
Be careful of the older models they are running KaiOS the B45 doesn't it is a brand new model with less features.
Thank you

Lollipop2

Can’t see it in the US. Where do you live? I looked on website and only have B40. Is that running the good OS?

gaze

everyone is tracked at this point. even non-kaiOS phones are connected to cell towers giving away your location.

if the goal is not to go rogue, but rather break the phone addiction, any dumbphone can still be good. no one will be using the internet on it anyway cause it takes so long

Mll777

@gaze For me it is not about being tracked, I know I am being tracked with cell towers. It is about the fact that I don't want a phone with a Google sponsored OS, don't want Google tracking me, don't want Google maps and specially don't want Whatsapp. Sure any dump phone can become an important tool to improve your habits, for me the above was a vital aspect as well.

@Lollipop2 and @Pina , excuse me regarding the model I made a mistake, I own the B40 which is the latest and has the proprietary CAT OS.

OP
P

Peatness

@gaze For me it is not about being tracked, I know I am being tracked with cell towers. It is about the fact that I don't want a phone with a Google sponsored OS, don't want Google tracking me, don't want Google maps and specially don't want Whatsapp. Sure any dump phone can become an important tool to improve your habits, for me the above was a vital aspect as well.

@Lollipop2 and @Pina , excuse me regarding the model I made a mistake, I own the B40 which is the latest and has the proprietary CAT OS.
Thank you. No harm done. I already use a dumb fun and will only need to change when this one dies.

Lollipop2

Great. I saw that model on the website - good to know it has the good OS. Thank you for clarifying.

osar

How to De-Google – #SolutionsWatch : The Corbett Report

F*** google and F*** erik schmidt

OP
P

Peatness

JamesGatz

The best thing I did since peating was get rid of my smartphone - if it's completely off in my pocket I can still feel it shooting down my testosterone - it is unbelievably dangerous to be having it near the testicles and so many people do it - even if it's in my backpack or something (completely off) the EMF still bothers me.

I just walk around with no phone and just keep a small burner phone at my house (only for SMS messages) - surprisingly i've been doing well. i've been talking to a lot more strangers now (to ask for directions to places) which I actually enjoy - i meet a lot more people without a phone but i dont think any phone should be anywhere on your body - off or not.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
The best thing I did since peating was get rid of my smartphone - if it's completely off in my pocket I can still feel it shooting down my testosterone - it is unbelievably dangerous to be having it near the testicles and so many people do it - even if it's in my backpack or something (completely off) the EMF still bothers me.

I just walk around with no phone and just keep a small burner phone at my house (only for SMS messages) - surprisingly i've been doing well. i've been talking to a lot more strangers now (to ask for directions to places) which I actually enjoy - i meet a lot more people without a phone but i dont think any phone should be anywhere on your body - off or not.
Well there is no such thing as "off" on a smartphone. The only thing that is "off" is the display and the speaker. The microphone, camera, processor, gps are still "on". The only way you can take a smart phone anywhere and not have your path tracked, and potentially your microphone & camera recorded without your knowledge, is if you put it in an RF-proof bag. Otherwise it is talking to mama-tower ALL OF THE TIME. Not to mention wifi, bluetooth, and near-field. I believe even airplane mode can record movement for later upload.

I leave mine at home a lot of the time and when at home it is usually sitting on a table in another room.

OP
P

Peatness

Well there is no such thing as "off" on a smartphone. The only thing that is "off" is the display and the speaker. The microphone, camera, processor, gps are still "on". The only way you can take a smart phone anywhere and not have your path tracked, and potentially your microphone & camera recorded without your knowledge, is if you put it in an RF-proof bag. Otherwise it is talking to mama-tower ALL OF THE TIME. Not to mention wifi, bluetooth, and near-field. I believe even airplane mode can record movement for later upload.

I leave mine at home a lot of the time and when at home it is usually sitting on a table in another room.
I've 'hidden' my tablet until I can decide what to do with it. It's not longer sitting idly on my desk lol

Doc Sandoz

When guests with "smart" phones come to my house, they must refrigerate the things for the duration. Uh, that goes in the crisper drawer, my friend.

Not only is the spyware defeated, but there is no annoying checking for text messages every few minutes. They can do it when they reach for a brew.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals