Would You Sacrifice Your Smartphone For Your Freedom?

achillea

The question is a good one. The lack of interest in the question and so few views is the answer. Hell NO the general forum members would rather be tethered to a cell phone than be free.

Stop complaining then about all things Covid you are just crying and not willing to stand up and be warriors.

Lollipop2

The question is a good one. The lack of interest in the question and so few views is the answer. Hell NO the general forum members would rather be tethered to a cell phone than be free.

Stop complaining then about all things Covid you are just crying and not willing to stand up and be warriors.

This question and your response are missing the point. Having a smartphone or not has nothing to do with your freedom. They are talking about slavery from electronics inside your body. Did you read the Microsoft patent? This is the bigger issue.

David PS

This question and your response are missing the point. Having a smartphone or not has nothing to do with your freedom. They areto talking about slavery from electronics inside your body. Did you read the Microsoft patent? This is the bigger issue.

Is this the patent that you are referring to in your post?

Lollipop2

Is this the patent that you are referring to in your post?

Yes! Precisely.

Energizer

I think the wrench in the oligarchs plans here, is they overestimate their technology and they haven't thought through the downsides of their grand plans for humanity. AI will probably never be at the human level as it has been promised to be. Nanotech has shown to be more of a disruption to life than it is the glorious promise that it was made to be. And the same obviously goes for biotech and GMO monstrosities. They can try to control the masses with their control of the banks and using robots and such, the media, and poor food supply, and they have a hold right now over many, but there's also probably always going to be little pockets of dissent. So their grand plans are likely to be disrupted. It's human nature to want to be free. I doubt any of these people in power are happy.

Actually, I think they're miserable, and they want more, but nothing will satisfy their misery and emptiness. Even if they were to succeed somehow in controlling the planet with their creepy tech, it would be a Pyrrhic victory, as I think some of the people in the predator class will be forced to confront the mirror that is held back up to them. A dead planet will not be a happy place to live even for the predator class. No rain forests, polluted water, polluted air, no wildlife or barely any wildlife. A continuation of the ecological destruction that is happening now but with a better corporate image. Yeah, maybe they will control virtually everything. But again, if they're destroying all life on the planet, while having control over it, I can't imagine the appeal of living in that world. Can you? Even so, even the World Economic Forum has acknowledged the possibility that there will be people that don't want to live in their society or their "smart" cities and will form their own societies. So on some level they recognize that spirit in humanity that there will probably always be people that will want to live life free.

Last edited:

Sam321

I am now starting to think about actions some of us could take to resist the changes being imposed on us. Some people refuse to wear mask, educated and share info, perhaps write to their members of parliament. I know Dr Peat doesn't use a smart phone. How many people would be willing to forego their reliance on a smart phone? I've never had one and I don't intend to get one. Family and friends have tried to convince me to get one......I am stubborn.

You Want Your Freedom Back? Ditch Your Smartphone - Blog Posts - AmazingPolly.net
I turned my smart phone into a 2g text/call phone by turning the data off. Has done wonders for my mental health.

OP
P

Peatness

I turned my smart phone into a 2g text/call phone by turning the data off. Has done wonders for my mental health.
It's liberating. I've stopped using my tablet in bed, gone back to good old books.

Lollipop2

I think the wrench in the oligarchs plans here, is they overestimate their technology and they haven't thought through the downsides of their grand plans for humanity. AI will probably never be at the human level as it has been promised to be. Nanotech has shown to be more of a disruption to life than it is the glorious promise that it was made to be. And the same obviously goes for biotech and GMO monstrosities. They can try to control the masses with their control of the banks and using robots and such, the media, and poor food supply, and they have a hold right now over many, but there's also probably always going to be little pockets of dissent. So their grand plans are likely to be disrupted. It's human nature to want to be free. I doubt any of these people in power are happy.

Actually, I think they're miserable, and they want more, but nothing will satisfy their misery and emptiness. Even if they were to succeed somehow in controlling the planet with their creepy tech, it would be a Pyrrhic victory, as I think some of the people in the predator class will be forced to confront the mirror that is held back up to them. A dead planet will not be a happy place to live even for the predator class. No rain forests, polluted water, polluted air, no wildlife or barely any wildlife. A continuation of the ecological destruction that is happening now but with a better corporate image. Yeah, maybe they will control virtually everything. But again, if they're destroying all life on the planet, while having control over it, I can't imagine the appeal of living in that world. Can you? Even so, even the World Economic Forum has acknowledged the possibility that there will be people that don't want to live in their society or their "smart" cities and will form their own societies. So on some level they recognize that spirit in humanity that there will probably always be people that will want to live life free.
I sincerely think you have a strong point. I hope you are correct. I wonder if they have developed tech we have not seen yet.

Energizer

I sincerely think you have a strong point. I hope you are correct. I wonder if they have developed tech we have not seen yet.
I wonder that too. Seems the main interest they have is using it to control or kill. I am cynical they would have anything in development that would be constructive and life-supporting. The real mavericks who try to create technologies that emulate Nature languish at the intellectual and social margins like Viktor Schauberger.

Energizer

Yeah, absolutely. For those unfamiliar with Schauberger, he was a forester and had a very unique perspective on how living systems operate. The book "Living Water" by Olof Alexandersson is a pretty good summary of Schauberger's work. There's quite a few books on him. I haven't read the Callum Coats books on his work but those might also be worth checking out. There's a good documentary up on Gootube of his work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXPrLGUGZsw

Luann

I would sacrifice my smartphone just for the sake of sacrificing my smartphone.
Haha exactly

It's liberating. I've stopped using my tablet in bed, gone back to good old books.
That's aweome. I don't think I will be switching away from smartphones entirely but you guys make it sound easy!

gaze

have you seen the TV show west world? specifically season 3, shows this concept very well

Energizer

have you seen the TV show west world? specifically season 3, shows this concept very well
I saw the first season and parts of the second. Might have to watch the rest. I think I get your gist though on some of the relevant themes here to popular culture -- correct me if you have a different interpretation or want to add to this: The general nihilism of the "guests" getting everything basically they can get hedonically, and still being unsatisfied. The androids themselves, realizing they are in a system in which they're enslaved, and wanting to rebel and escape. And we know who the "guests" are and who the "androids" are here in Klaus Anal Schwab's vision.

gaze

I saw the first season and parts of the second. Might have to watch the rest. I think I get your gist though on some of the relevant themes here to popular culture -- correct me if you have a different interpretation or want to add to this: The general nihilism of the "guests" getting everything basically they can get hedonically, and still being unsatisfied. The androids themselves, realizing they are in a system in which they're enslaved, and wanting to rebel and escape. And we know who the "guests" are and who the "androids" are here in Klaus Anal Schwab's vision.
nah season 3 is like a completely new story almost, with some connection to season 1 and 2. you should definitely watch it, it's very very similar to what you described in your first post.

this is the trailer, see for yourself:

View: https://youtu.be/DQJwhVX7yas

Sam321

Haha exactly

That's aweome. I don't think I will be switching away from smartphones entirely but you guys make it sound easy!
Its really easy dude. Unless your job is to be on social media.
Just use the computer if you have to research something, otherwise theres no reason to be on the internet.

Its a tool just like anything else, not to be used for entertainment.

OP
P

Peatness

Its really easy dude. Unless your job is to be on social media.
Just use the computer if you have to research something, otherwise theres no reason to be on the internet.

Its a tool just like anything else, not to be used for entertainment.
It's not easy for everyone. I think if you are on the move and you need it for work then it becomes necessary. Health status is also a consideration due to exposure to emf. For this thread its mostly about making it difficult for governments to track us or expect us to carry digital documents. However, some have made the point that future tracking technology would not require phones. Nonetheless, it can't be a bad thing to limit emf exposure.