Would You Sacrifice Your Smartphone For Your Freedom?

P

Peatness

I am now starting to think about actions some of us could take to resist the changes being imposed on us. Some people refuse to wear mask, educated and share info, perhaps write to their members of parliament. I know Dr Peat doesn't use a smart phone. How many people would be willing to forego their reliance on a smart phone? I've never had one and I don't intend to get one. Family and friends have tried to convince me to get one......I am stubborn.

You Want Your Freedom Back? Ditch Your Smartphone - Blog Posts - AmazingPolly.net

Lollipop2

I am now starting to think about actions some of us could take to resist the changes being imposed on us. Some people refuse to wear mask, educated and share info, perhaps write to their members of parliament. I know Dr Peat doesn't use a smart phone. How many people would be willing to forego their reliance on a smart phone? I've never had one and I don't intend to get one. Family and friends have tried to convince me to get one......I am stubborn.

You Want Your Freedom Back? Ditch Your Smartphone - Blog Posts - AmazingPolly.net
I think this is ultimately what we need to do - although there are some secure phones like Black phone. I would probably move to a secure phone - proven unhackable with no back doors.

OP
P

Peatness

I think this is ultimately what we need to do - although there are some secure phones like Black phone. I would probably move to a secure phone - proven unhackable with no back doors.
Would this not defeat the purpose? The point is if you don’t have a smart phone you can’t carry a covid vaccine passport.

Lollipop2

Would this not defeat the purpose? The point is if you don’t have a smart phone you can’t carry a covid vaccine passport.
I run my business off my smartphone. I will find one that won’t trace me and not carry it with me to events. Anyway, honestly, other than grocery stores and target, most other places I go most likely won’t be affected - small businesses would definitely not comply - they would lose to much money.

skittles

I had a sweet flip phone a couple years back. It was bare-bones, cheap. It worked, no problems. Eventually though, the microphone stopped working. And when I went to buy a new flip phone, I purchased two different ones only to return them within days, because they were so terrible. There were so many issues with them that it almost felt like they were intentionally designed poorly.
I settled on a cheap smartphone that I've had for the past year. But I'd really like to get some sort of dumbphone, or a linux phone or some other simple phone. I really like the 'Mudita Pure'.. But it's not out yet, and I dunno if it would work on my network here in Canada.
I like the idea of a future where a phone is a phone again. Just a simple communication device.

Doc Sandoz

Don't have a "smart" phone. Don't want one. Wish they would disappear.

Turn most people into screen-absorbed zombies.

Out for a walk in the park? Don't say hi to your neigbor, don't enjoy the sight and sounds of nature, just stare at that little screen and plug in to more digital data. Going to a concert? Don't enjoy the music or the comraderie, just make sure you stick your phone in the air to record it and some selfies to send to all your digital "friends." Talking to someone and that little pocket box summons you, break off the conversation without comment and turn away because obviously what digitized infomation might be coming through is far more important than the person to whom you are speaking.

Next will be a brain implant. That will be even more convenient.

Well, I'm obviously just another old fogie shaking his fist at the sky, but you can have your future - being planned out right now by the digital elites. Here is one vision of life they have for you. https://archive.is/d3dOt

"We are the Borg... We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

grithin

Well, I'm obviously just another old fogie shaking his fist at the sky, but you can have your future
They mean for you to be the connected body, and them the brain. That you are all connected and responsive is more important that individual health. It's sold as a hive mind, but in reality, the mind is them, and you are the sensors and hands. This has been the idea for a while. I remember back in 2012, I think it was, they were having a conference in Cypress on this sort of stuff.

tankasnowgod

That wasn't her point. It was that the Ontario government couldn't track you (well..... track you as easily).

You could always just leave your phone at home when you go for a walk, or to the park. I never take my phone when I'm just going for a walk. I stopped wearing my Fitbit when all this nonsense started, for a very similar reason.

lampofred

Don't have a "smart" phone. Don't want one. Wish they would disappear.

Turn most people into screen-absorbed zombies.

Out for a walk in the park? Don't say hi to your neigbor, don't enjoy the sight and sounds of nature, just stare at that little screen and plug in to more digital data. Going to a concert? Don't enjoy the music or the comraderie, just make sure you stick your phone in the air to record it and some selfies to send to all your digital "friends." Talking to someone and that little pocket box summons you, break off the conversation without comment and turn away because obviously what digitized infomation might be coming through is far more important than the person to whom you are speaking.

Next will be a brain implant. That will be even more convenient.

Well, I'm obviously just another old fogie shaking his fist at the sky, but you can have your future - being planned out right now by the digital elites. Here is one vision of life they have for you. https://archive.is/d3dOt

"We are the Borg... We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

I agree that phones are making people more autistic but I also think that if someone is so boring that people pull their phone out while talking to them then that's that person's fault, not the phone's fault. As an example, I doubt that anyone on this forum would even consider pulling their phone out if in a face to face conversation with Dr. Peat. Time is the only precious resource, it's nonsensical to waste it for meaningless social norms like small talk when likely all people involved would rather be doing something else. Forcibly demanding respect and attention is parasitical in a sense.

Lollipop2

That wasn't her point. It was that the Ontario government couldn't track you (well..... track you as easily).

You could always just leave your phone at home when you go for a walk, or to the park. I never take my phone when I'm just going for a walk. I stopped wearing my Fitbit when all this nonsense started, for a very similar reason.
Thank you. Precisely.

OP
P

Peatness

My point still stands. No smart phone no digital covid 'vaccine' passport. Tracking is an issue that, as has been argued already here, can be resolved by leaving phone at home or turning it off.

skittles

I've been doing this quite a bit lately. It took a mushroom trip to clearly show me the low-level anxiety I harbored from going anywhere without my phone. But now I really enjoy leaving it behind to go for a walk or to the grocery store or whatever, and it's often in another room when I'm home.

gaze

so what cell phone do you use then? the "dumb" flip phones are being phased out by almost every carrier, verizon already faded out 3g and i suspect in 10 years they'll get rid of 4g and force you to be on the 5g network

achillea

Would not own a cell phone again ever
,Think of the one device that almost everyone in the world has gotten in the last 10 years and then think of why the whole world is so docile and obedient to the covid nonsense. It has been researched for years of how to influence behavior with frequency. Do any of you know really what the frequency and sub frequencies are on your phone?
We just drove across the Navajo and there was a cell tower every 3 miles. The Navajo have masks and shots and fear

OP
P

Peatness

Really? Apparently you aren't familiar with this invention called "paper."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD9o2cMI-oo

I thought it was any sort of "vaccine Passport" that people were against, not just the "digital" part.

Oh, I am very familar with paper. I am against all forms of vaccine passport because they are based on a lie. A Digital passports will have the potential to be used in nefarious ways which is why I have singled it out. You know this, so, I am confused as to what point you are trying to make.

tankasnowgod

Oh, I am very familar with paper. I am against all forms of vaccine passport because they are based on a lie. A Digital passports will have the potential to be used in nefarious ways which is why I have singled it out. You know this, so, I am confused as to what point you are trying to make.

Well, this isn't what you initially said. Your original quote-

Clearly, you CAN carry a Covid Vaccine Passport without a smart phone. So, going back to your sleek 2006 Razr phone or even cancelling cell service altogether doesn't really stop the problem.

Sure, I think Digital ones could be more nefarious than just the paper ones, but the Vaccine Cards (and truthfully, even the negative COVID tests as early as April/May of last year) have been used in nefarious ways, so it's just a spectrum of nefariousness at this point.

OP
P

Peatness

Well, this isn't what you initially said. Your original quote-

Clearly, you CAN carry a Covid Vaccine Passport without a smart phone. So, going back to your sleek 2006 Razr phone or even cancelling cell service altogether doesn't really stop the problem.

Sure, I think Digital ones could be more nefarious than just the paper ones, but the Vaccine Cards (and truthfully, even the negative COVID tests as early as April/May of last year) have been used in nefarious ways, so it's just a spectrum of nefariousness at this point.
You win, well done. I dont want to spend my time in a debate about this, people are being murdered by these injections. People I care about have taken Pfizer, astrazenca poison and are likely to be very ill or even die because of it. I really dont care to focus on semantics.

gaze

I agree that phones are making people more autistic but I also think that if someone is so boring that people pull their phone out while talking to them then that's that person's fault, not the phone's fault. As an example, I doubt that anyone on this forum would even consider pulling their phone out if in a face to face conversation with Dr. Peat. Time is the only precious resource, it's nonsensical to waste it for meaningless social norms like small talk when likely all people involved would rather be doing something else. Forcibly demanding respect and attention is parasitical in a sense.
nah i dont think blaming people is the right answer. it's the equivalent of in the middle of the 1950s blaming someone for smoking cigarettes. when there's so much propaganda, everyone's doing it, the dangers are not known, AND it's addictive, you can't put the blame on the individual. it's a systemic and corporate problem. phones are the ultimate addiction, it's not easy to just "quit", as it genuinely rewires your brain. people attentions spans have dropped down to like 7 seconds cause of phones, this is a problem that needs a unified effort to stop

tankasnowgod

You win, well done. I dont want to spend my time in a debate about this, people are being murdered by these injections. People I care about have taken Pfizer, astrazenca poison and are likely to be very ill or even die because of it. I really dont care to focus on semantics.

What does deciding whether or not to take an injection have anything to do with the kind of cell phone you carry? That's a bizarre non sequitur.

I highly doubt that people in nursing homes getting these various shots have smart phones, or even cell phone coverage in the first place.