Would These LED Light Devices Be Ok To Use?

ilovethesea

I got a couple LED light devices for free and was wondering either of these would be ok to use. They are meant for the face so the heads are pretty small, it takes about 20-30 minutes to treat your whole face.

Quasar MD
Has orange, red and green LED settings - between 632nm and 880nm

LightStim for Wrinkles
Amber, Red & Infrared LEDs of varying wavelengths between 600 and 900nm

Would they be safe/beneficial? (not necessarily for the supposed wrinkle benefits but as light therapy in Peat terms?) What setting would be the best - red? or infrared?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat says 600nm-850nm is most beneficial. So yes, they would be OK to use. I think around 660nm was the absolute best.

Ray Peat said:
I think the slightly shorter wavelengths are the most beneficial, from about 600 nm to about 850 nm.

OP
I

ilovethesea

Wow Charlie you are fast! Ok thank you that is great. I forgot to mention I have one more but it's not really LED, it's some other kind of light...wavelength of 1440nm so I assume that's not good.

(Don't think I'm a crazy woman, I get this stuff free through my work :) )

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
1440nm I think is far infrared and prolly wont do much other then generate heat.

OP
I

ilovethesea

Has anyone tried these? I seem to remember a post on them a while back but I can't seem to find it.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FF2X ... 9QGI1PF1JT
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B009UQ3 ... 7GJUACX8L3

I was thinking this would be a good way to get red light on me when I'm away from my desk where I have the brooder lamps strung up. I could place the square LED panel on my stomach or legs while lying in bed or on the sofa.

I am not sure which would be best to buy - I was thinking the Smarstar one that says LED wavelength: 630/460 but if anyone can confirm if that's good, I would appreciate it :)

sladerunner69

red LED's are in the perfect wavelength, but im not sure about the energy.. a few watts doesnt seem like it will do much but maybe you jsut need to sit under it longer. Ive seen people use 500w incandescent flood lamps with a red filter over and that seems like a good idea.

burtlancast

You might want to check these guys http://www.topledgrowlight.com/led-grow ... l?___SID=U
They are selling 5 Watts/piece leds in pannels ( your link seems to offer leds of 0.06 Watts/piece) with 430~440nm, 450~475nm, 620~630nm, 650~660nm, IR, and white ( that you can customise if you ask them), drawing many hundreds watts.
And the price seems more than OK.

From China.

Greg says

I use this one. 850nm. Cost me £30 from eBay. I like it. I've put tape over the blue bulbs. I would appreciate it if someone has clear directions of appropriate length of time to use it. Especially on the thyroid itself. I do find it does effect my sleep if I use it before bed.

Attachments

• light-relief-pain-relief-device.jpg
    light-relief-pain-relief-device.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 355

Parsifal

Greg says said:
post 100167 I use this one. 850nm. Cost me £30 from eBay. I like it. I've put tape over the blue bulbs. I would appreciate it if someone has clear directions of appropriate length of time to use it. Especially on the thyroid itself. I do find it does effect my sleep if I use it before bed.

How does it affect your seep Greg?

Last edited by a moderator:

bluewren

Greg says said:
post 100167 I use this one. 850nm. Cost me £30 from eBay. I like it. I've put tape over the blue bulbs. I would appreciate it if someone has clear directions of appropriate length of time to use it. Especially on the thyroid itself. I do find it does effect my sleep if I use it before bed.

Have you read this thread?

viewtopic.php?t=6815

Greg says

Parsifal said:
post 100189
Greg says said:

How does it affect your seep Greg?
Difficulty getting and staying asleep. Stimulated. I've been using it for a broken hand but also have small sessions on my thyroid', head, and liver.

messtafarian

I bought exactly this thing. Maybe someone is having success but in my experience it's junk and does nothing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals