Would there be interest in an app to monitor waking temp and HR?

nigma

Would there be interest for a Peat/bioenergetic focused health tracker app? If there is I may consider developing one. I could develop with feedback and create something we actually want.

Or is anyone using something that simply allows you to record daily waking temp and pulse? I looked around but didn't find anything ideal.

yerrag

I use a nice app called Sleep As Android, which is also available in IOS.

With my cellphone and its sensors, it can monitor my sleep and tell monitor the cycles of sleep, with the deep sleep, light sleep, REM identified. Also can tell me when I snore and when I can listen to it, among other things. I can enable its "sonar" feature where it can track my breathing rate, although it doesn't seem to do it all the time and some sessions I won't get a reading of it.

It's got add-ons to add more functionality. I'm getting a Wellue ring that will allow measurement of HR and spO2 during sleep. It can also get HRV readings.

I don't know if there's an add-on that allows temperature measurements, but chances are there is since it supports a lot of wearables. If there isn't one, you could probably develop an add-on. But I don't know if there is a demand for temperature monitoring.

But if wake up temps can be taken quickly with an ear thermometer, but accuracy in the reading is dependent on how you position the ear thermometer. The best measurement imho is using a cheap mouth thermometer, but I find an accurate reading would range from 6 to 12 minutes, depending on the thermometer used.

golder

Would there be interest for a Peat/bioenergetic focused health tracker app? If there is I may consider developing one. I could develop with feedback and create something we actually want.

Or is anyone using something that simply allows you to record daily waking temp and pulse? I looked around but didn't find anything ideal.
I’ve been thinking about/desiring this for a long time! This would be extremely impactful and appreciated from this community. Please consider it ;)

P

Peatness

A simple thermometer will do it, no need to connect yourself to wifi.

Fairykiller

I’ve found that normal thermometers are very unreliable. I loved the old Mercury ones but the electronic ones I’ve tried gave very inconsistent readings.

for many women wake up temp reading is very important as it allows you to track your cycles and avoid birth control. I use a wearable called tempdrop which is absolutely fantastic and very reliable. Oura rings measure them as well.

so yes, sounds cool!

yerrag

I forgot the Oura Ring has temperature. I decided against it in favor of a Wellue O2Ring because the O2 tracks spO2.

golder

What ring/appliance has the most relevant Pest readings that we would all find useful to measure? Obviously I’m guessing CO2 is probably impossible without spending thousands.

Mito

I forgot the Oura Ring has temperature. I decided against it in favor of a Wellue O2Ring because the O2 tracks spO2.
oxygen saturating data
What do you use the oxygen saturation data for?

yerrag

What do you use the oxygen saturation data for?
Although it may just be as useful as monitoring temperature, which may be as useful as useless, I prefer to monitor SpO2 than temperature, given a choice. I'm fine with just taking spot readings for both of them, and wouldn't go buy a device if it's mainly to monitor their fluctuation throughout the day or night.

I'm more interested in monitoring breath rate more than heart rate, and I think some chest straps do that, but I hate strapping those things on. They irritate my skin, and I have keloid also. So, I'm hoping I could be able to get breath rate data from the raw data from the plethysmograph in the O2Ring. I also think the finger data is more accurate than write or chest data - based on the data reading from red light and infrared light of a plethysmograph.

I've seen my oxygen saturation go down from 99 to 98 over 3 months of taking systemic enzymes. And heading towards 97 - which I think is a combination of slowly removing biofilm from blood vessels (taking TCM herbs) and drinking coherent water (analemma). Oxygen saturation is a gauge of tissue oxygenation, and going down from 99 to 97 is a good sign.

Mito

I've seen my oxygen saturation go down from 99 to 98 over 3 months of taking systemic enzymes. And heading towards 97 - which I think is a combination of slowly removing biofilm from blood vessels (taking TCM herbs) and drinking coherent water (analemma). Oxygen saturation is a gauge of tissue oxygenation, and going down from 99 to 97 is a good sign.
So you are using it as a tool to gauge the quality of cellular respiration. Have you noticed any correlation between an increased RHR, increased temperatures, and decreased tissue oxygenation?

yerrag

So you are using it as a tool to gauge the quality of cellular respiration. Have you noticed any correlation between an increased RHR, increased temperatures, and decreased tissue oxygenation?
I suppose you meant decreased spO2 which translates into increased tissue oxygenation.

No, I haven't. My heart rate has stayed the same at 68 bpm. I think it's because my body is occupied with defense, and has much less resources for offense. And by offense I meant extra resources available for development. I have very high blood pressure, and so I am somewhat "handicapped." Resources that would have gone towards increased metabolism in the sense of producing a maximal amount of ATP would be diverted towards boosting my immune system to counter existing conditions that create a lot of oxidative stress. The increased production of ROS for phagycytosis, as well as the increased production and deployment of endogenous antioxidants to counter the oxidative stress of spillover ROS from phagocytosis - are a drain on my body's resources. So an increase in NADH that favors the increased production of needed ROS would mean a lower NAD+/NADH ratio, and a lot of resources that would go towards oxidative phosphorylation would also be diverted to the PPP (pentose phosphate pathwawy) to increase NADPH needed to create the enzyme NADPH oxidase needed for creation of ROS.

I guess the increased tissue oxygenation could be used towards increasing my "defense" rather than my "offense."

Having this perspective makes me accept that even though I have lower heart rate, it is not really that bad a thing as I can rest assured my body is allocating my resources to protect me from harm. So I'm not concerned about increasing my heart rate or my oxidative metabolism as much as I'm concerned about keeping oxidative stress at bay and protecting me from degeneration from tissue damage arising from oxidative stress. I'm not feeling the need to take metabolic boosters to make the numbers, so to speak.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals