Would Magnesium Detoxify Valium Build Up In My Body?

TreasureVibe

Hey all, so I'm currently tapering off of Ativan with the help of Valium, and I had previously taken a big dose of 9 mg of valium for a couple of days, thinking this would build up in my system.

But then I took magnesium oxide 365mg and I had anxiety and felt really bad the next day.

Could magnesium have detoxified the valium build up in my system?

Thank you

Kingpinguin

Hey all, so I'm currently tapering off of Ativan with the help of Valium, and I had previously taken a big dose of 9 mg of valium for a couple of days, thinking this would build up in my system.

But then I took magnesium oxide 365mg and I had anxiety and felt really bad the next day.

Could magnesium have detoxified the valium build up in my system?

Thank you

never heard anything like that. I’ve previously took 30-60 mg valium daily for 1-2 months. Magnesium helped get off the valium actually. Should be the opposite. I also had urine test for valium I did and I was testing positive almost a whole month after taking the last pill so it stays in your system for a long time. Your experience is probably random or it was just an acute effect of not taking valium that day. Its a sh it drug and will make you feel sh it eventually even when you are on the drug. But no I have never heard or seen anything stating or proving that magnesium actually helps detoxify valium. Such question would only lead to speculation. And speculation is unnecessary and bad.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

never heard anything like that. I’ve previously took 30-60 mg valium daily for 1-2 months. Magnesium helped get off the valium actually. Should be the opposite. I also had urine test for valium I did and I was testing positive almost a whole month after taking the last pill so it stays in your system for a long time. Your experience is probably random or it was just an acute effect of not taking valium that day. Its a sh it drug and will make you feel sh it eventually even when you are on the drug. But no I have never heard or seen anything stating or proving that magnesium actually helps detoxify valium. Such question would only lead to speculation. And speculation is unnecessary and bad.
So even though you took the magnesium, your urine test was positive for Valium? No reduced amounts of it but within the parameters? You took the magnesium while on valium right?

Kingpinguin

So even though you took the magnesium, your urine test was positive for Valium? No reduced amounts of it but within the parameters? You took the magnesium while on valium right?

I took the magnesium starting from when I tappered down. You cant abruptly stop sucha high dose. Then I also took magnesium for a month after my last valium dose. I’ve also used other benzodiasepines and when I discontinued them magnesium always helped make me feel better.
If you are trying to stop the best is niacinamide in 2 gram doses daily. Helped me alot aswell along with magnesium.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I took the magnesium starting from when I tappered down. You cant abruptly stop sucha high dose. Then I also took magnesium for a month after my last valium dose. I’ve also used other benzodiasepines and when I discontinued them magnesium always helped make me feel better.
If you are trying to stop the best is niacinamide in 2 gram doses daily. Helped me alot aswell along with magnesium.
I tried the niacinamide in high dosages but it gave me anxiety..

Were your urine tests subject to certain parameters of Valium being in your urine and were they always within those parameters?

Kingpinguin

I tried the niacinamide in high dosages but it gave me anxiety..

Were your urine tests subject to certain parameters of Valium being in your urine and were they always within those parameters?

no urine test was just showing positive or negativ for valium. Valium has a very long half life. 36-200 hours. So if you take 10mg it can take 9 days for that pill to be 5mg in your system. Another 9 days and you have 2,5mg and so on. So as you can se it can easily be in your system for a month. The fact that you taken 9mg everyday for a few days would leave you with probably 20-30mg in your system or even more. That would easily take a month to get rid of. It does not dissappear from your blood within 1 day.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

no urine test was just showing positive or negativ for valium. Valium has a very long half life. 36-200 hours. So if you take 10mg it can take 9 days for that pill to be 5mg in your system. Another 9 days and you have 2,5mg and so on. So as you can se it can easily be in your system for a month. The fact that you taken 9mg everyday for a few days would leave you with probably 20-30mg in your system or even more. That would easily take a month to get rid of. It does not dissappear from your blood within 1 day.
So the magnesium that I took probably caused a reaction at the gaba receptors which caused the negative effect? It doesn't affect the blood levels of Valium?

Kingpinguin

So the magnesium that I took probably caused a reaction at the gaba receptors which caused the negative effect? It doesn't affect the blood levels of Valium?

or it was placebo. Magnesium works by calmin excitable neurons. So should agonise gaba receptors. Thats what the science say. If you can find studies proving opposite then maybe.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

or it was placebo. Magnesium works by calmin excitable neurons. So should agonise gaba receptors. Thats what the science say. If you can find studies proving opposite then maybe.
What do you advice for benzo withdrawal? What's a way to regrow gaba receptors faster?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals