Would It Be Irresponsible To Try NDT?

Elize

Snacks. Thanks I ordered some Thyroid and was going to get another product but the LGS is better.

Elize

My heart rate before I take Synthroid and Liothyronine 65 after 85

OP
snacks

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
88 this morning . Used to be (as in, until the night I started) closer to 50-60 in mornings but I chalked that down to my conditioning due to being a v good short distance runner. I think that i was wrong that this is good and that thyroid was the real culprit since I'm still in very good shape

Both measurements btw were taken with relatively high amounts of caffeine

Last edited:

Elize

Are you using other thyroid meds as well. My intention is to use less T4 and to use the powder together with the T4 and drop the synthetic T3 Liothyronine

OP
snacks

snacks

Are you using other thyroid meds as well. My intention is to use less T4 and to use the powder together with the T4 and drop the synthetic T3 Liothyronine

If you're asking me the ONLY things i'm taking rn are NDT, thorne 2 a day and magnesium. I get iodine from seaweed and besides that I just eat a normal carnivore type diet with milk, organs and orange juice/various fruit added on.

OP
snacks

snacks

Was looking at my food log and noticed this

Day 1: 1122mg caffeine
Day 2: 560mg caffeine
Day 3: 244 mg caffeine
Day 4: 122mg caffeine

Feel better without it but this wasnt an intentional change, I did and do drink coffee and energy drinks based on craving. Has held steady at the 122mg but that's because I really like the way the pear red bull tastes lol

Elize

Lol I have 2 cups of tea or coffee per day - european cups not American mugs

OP
snacks

snacks

Lol I have 2 cups of tea or coffee per day - european cups not American mugs

I usually stick between .5 and 1.5 g of caffeine a day-- too early to say whether that's changed for good. I think it was ray peat or someone else mentioning that caffeine is used to mask thyroid deficiency that sold mr on trying NDT. actually this is the only logical reason for why I would do that as caffeine never gave me a strong buzz and I could for example drink a monster or some espresso and immediately go to bed without issues

OP
snacks

snacks

No caffeine today, had/have mild withdrawal headache but otherwise NO energy issues whatsoever, very cool. Withdrawal headache is usually very severe, this time it's been just enough to make me slightly irritable for a few days. Thyroid seems to have a mild stimulant effect for me, not sure how it makes some sleepy

I think I'll just go off caffeine at this point. Dont think I've benefited from it much to begin with and if I restore my sensitivity to it I can probably get desired effects from it more consistently when I need to e.g. pull an all-nighter

Last edited:

Risingfire

No caffeine today, had/have mild withdrawal headache but otherwise NO energy issues whatsoever, very cool. Withdrawal headache is usually very severe, this time it's been just enough to make me slightly irritable for a few days. Thyroid seems to have a mild stimulant effect for me, not sure how it makes some sleepy

I think I'll just go off caffeine at this point. Dont think I've benefited from it much to begin with and if I restore my sensitivity to it I can probably get desired effects from it more consistently when I need to e.g. pull an all-nighter
Probably makes you sleepy as it reduces your stress hormones like adrenaline and cortisol

OP
snacks

snacks

Found out that the slight "airy" or vaguely foggy feeling that came with thyroid (i didn't even notice it until it went away) is removed by eating 7-8 eggs which i'll now do daily; not sure what deficiency I'm making up for except that it's not caloric. I'm not really worried about PUFA accumulation and I probably need the protein anyways as I've been too lazy to cook a lot of red meat since my classes started

OP
snacks

snacks

Gosh all eggs in one go?

I have a monstrous appetite. I was able to bulk on carnivore which required something like 4500 kcal/day lol. If I can farm chickens myself or make absolutely sure of the quality I'd prefer to eat 20 or so eggs a day-- i think the saxon brothers all ate 30 or thereabouts. I think that tolerance for eggs is probably modulated by bodyfat %, as when I cut after bulking on a high egg diet it was MISERABLE and I think this can mostly be attributed to PUFA liberation? But now I can gain and lose weight without many issues either way and my bodyfat tops off at 15% and I take it down to 10%

Last edited:
OP
snacks

snacks

I can work/focus in a self-motivated way in hour long bursts now, but the rests of the bursts that day will be around 20 mins at best. I will just have to be patient about dealing with this as I'm working against 20 years of habit and am only just recovering something like a human amount of mental energy

Addictive behavior is down, manifesting every several days (3-5 it seems) rather than multiple times a day. Hope this will help fix my neurochem. I think I've crossed the threshold where my health in a physical sense is very close to perfect and I need to start putting in the legwork more in the direction of maintenance and building different habits, relating to the world in a new way and so on

OP
snacks

snacks

Blood tests came in this morning. All fairly normal except t3 is obviously way up, t4 up slightly, estradiol down in the "too low' range and test from 1050--->1100 ngdl

Obviously happy with this except shouldnt t4 be lower? Is this just a result of NDT containing both?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals