Would INCREASING FFA after 1-2 years of low pufa eating actually help rid of remaining PUFA in the tissue?

DonLore

When one has (presumably) achieved somewhat low-ish PUFA stores and has a decent metabolism and functioning liver, would some short time frames of increasing fatty acid burning (coffee, excercise, nicotine, short fasts) help you get rid of the remaining PUFAs ? Has this been discussed by Peat, Haidut, @Hans , Danny Roddy etc ?

thyroid controls fat oxidation in a more safe manner
the peroxidation of free fatty acids is usually stress related and also happens spontaneously in the blood, resulting in oxidised lipoproteins or the lipoproteins binding to other damaged substances.
You would burn fat like someone in a stressed state would

Herbie

We don’t want elevated free fatty acids because that’s when the the pufa do the damage.

OP
D

DonLore

We don’t want elevated free fatty acids because that’s when the the pufa do the damage.
Yes, that is the problem but the question is, would short term damage from increased pufa in the bloodstream be worth the benefit of having lower pufa stores later? That is the thing I havent found a clear answer to, and I havent seen Peat or anyone else talking about that

Herbie

Yes, that is the problem but the question is, would short term damage from increased pufa in the bloodstream be worth the benefit of having lower pufa stores later? That is the thing I havent found a clear answer to, and I havent seen Peat or anyone else talking about that
I don’t know but I think having it stored is not doing any damage especially if already eating low amounts.There is a way and they talk about it but I don’t remember the pathways but it’s about getting the body temperature up and having the thyroid working and the body does it on its own in a safe way. Peat has said it as well as Danny and Georgi.

Also just by eating low pufa and having high saturated/pufa will eventually replace all the tissue pufa with saturated and then there is mead acid production as far as I understand.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
When one has (presumably) achieved somewhat low-ish PUFA stores and has a decent metabolism and functioning liver, would some short time frames of increasing fatty acid burning (coffee, excercise, nicotine, short fasts) help you get rid of the remaining PUFAs ? Has this been discussed by Peat, Haidut, @Hans , Danny Roddy etc ?
Excess lipolysis which overwhelms fat oxidation is undesired, but far less harmful if it's just saturated fat vs PUFA. But if someone is healthy, not overeating, avoiding nutrient poor foods, it should be a problem.
But things like exercise or calorie restriction are in general healthy if not overdone. For example, with calorie restriction you upregulate lipolysis, but because you're in a deficit, your body can burn off the fat no problemo. CR can also restore proper pyruvate oxidation, which is highly beneficial. Exercise also upregulates lipolysis and fat oxidation and has a ton of benefits. I'd avoid complete fasting and too much coffee though. I'm also on the fence about nicotine. It's not something I'd use for health, but rather occasionally as a nootropic.