Would High Dosages Of DHT Downregulate 5-alpha-reductase?

PleaseDoo21

hypothetically, If I were to take androstanolone (DHT) transdermally around 50-75mg daily, would that result in the downregulation of 5ar? I've heard small amounts DHT in itself can actually induce its own synthesis via the upregulation of 5ar, would the contrary result in suppression of the enzyme? The reason being, 5ar is a substrate for the majority of neurosteroids, I don't want to induce anxiety and depression.

generationkfc

hypothetically, If I were to take androstanolone (DHT) transdermally around 50-75mg daily, would that result in the downregulation of 5ar? I've heard small amounts DHT in itself can actually induce its own synthesis via the upregulation of 5ar, would the contrary result in suppression of the enzyme? The reason being, 5ar is a substrate for the majority of neurosteroids, I don't want to induce anxiety and depression.
i abused proviron as an experiment and now i have a whole host of problems as a result of that - be careful

generationkfc

i took proviron (oral DHT) twice weekly for about 6 months and then stopped cold turkey. Now i have symptoms resembling PFS. If what you said above is true, i am suffering a downregulation of 5-alpha-reductase or signalling issue (or both) with the AR/androgen receptors in my body. This is probably more pronounced as I was extremely lean and fit so I believe the DHT had a very strong effect on my hormones.

OP
PleaseDoo21

PleaseDoo21

i took proviron (oral DHT) twice weekly for about 6 months and then stopped cold turkey. Now i have symptoms resembling PFS. If what you said above is true, i am suffering a downregulation of 5-alpha-reductase or signalling issue (or both) with the AR/androgen receptors in my body. This is probably more pronounced as I was extremely lean and fit so I believe the DHT had a very strong effect on my hormones.
what you're explaining could be a result of not commencing a correct post cycle therapy, Proviron is an androgen it would have caused suppression of some degree correct?
how long have you been off of it for, if you don't mind me asking?

generationkfc

Yeah I didn't know anything about all this. Yes correct. Well proviron as I know it is DHT. T converts into DHT via 5AR. I've been off it for about 6-9 months. I am extra sensitive as I only took about 50 pills (twice a week for 6 mo). I am told something is wrong with my 5AR or my Androgen Receptors so I am basically trying to 'revive' them with herbal supplementation such as; forskolin, tribulus, creatine etc. Plan to cycle them for at least a year. They seem to be working.

OP
PleaseDoo21

PleaseDoo21

Yeah I didn't know anything about all this. Yes correct. Well proviron as I know it is DHT. T converts into DHT via 5AR. I've been off it for about 6-9 months. I am extra sensitive as I only took about 50 pills (twice a week for 6 mo). I am told something is wrong with my 5AR or my Androgen Receptors so I am basically trying to 'revive' them with herbal supplementation such as; forskolin, tribulus, creatine etc. Plan to cycle them for at least a year. They seem to be working.
there are studies that suggest it doesn't suppress LH and FSH at low dosages, but most men, especially on this forum have reported testicular pain and lowered libido, which could be attributed to chronically lowered estradiol? probably. It doesn't exert its androgenic effects via its ability to agonize the androgen receptor, rather it inhibits other androgens from binding to SHBG due to its competitive binding affinity, thus freeing up endogenous androgens and other sex hormones, supposedly it has a 400% higher binding affinity for SHBG than actual endogenous dihydrotestosterone, which already in itself has a higher affinity for it than testosterone and estradiol, etc. Mesterolone has an absorption rate of around 3% orally, if you're taking 25-50mg of the drug you're getting upwards of 1.5mg of the active drug, that's not a lot, I'm doubtful whether or not this could possibly have an effect on 5ar or endogenous steroid production at all.

generationkfc

Yeah I have no idea why I experienced the side effects. All I know is I got a big rebound effect of estrogen which damaged a lot of my veins - giving me varicose veins when I discontinued it. I was so stumped that I even have some crazy suspicion that they replaced the proviron tablets with propecia tablets (as I bought them from a dodgy source even despite they had the BAYER packaging etc.)

Some guy reckons a rapid withdrawal of exogenous DHT is what caused the issue i.e. AR signalling is unable to signal 5AR. I guess my only approach is to stimulate 5AR and the AR until they come back to normal.

generationkfc

Sorry guys. It wasn't the Proviron which caused the problem. It was high doses of milk thistle which caused the problem. I found milk thistle binds to the androgen receptors and effectively blocks DHT. Once DHT is blocked from the androgen receptor it has no place to go except to convert to Estrogen, which caused my problems.
Proviron will likely however likely will downregulate your Androgen Receptors temporarily.

OP
PleaseDoo21

PleaseDoo21

Do you know that DHT most androgenic anabolic hormone?
dihydrotestosterone isn't anabolic at all, it's rapidly metabolized via 3a-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase into 3a-androstanediol in muscle tissue, whereas testosterone isn't a substrate for 3a-HSD.
Proviron will likely however likely will downregulate your Androgen Receptors temporarily.
why would it have done?
if anything mesterolone would have upregulated your androgen receptors via its affinity for shbg, freeing up your endogenously produced androgens.

generationkfc

my guess is DHT floods the androgen receptors reducing their sensitivity (downregulation) causing less DHT being received by the body tissue. Body responds by producing more DHT in response (trying harder to deliver the DHT to receiving tissue). Excess DHT/T then has nowhere to go then gets converted into Estrogen. Androgen Receptors are temporarily/permanently downregulated (desensitised) until DHT is lowered to restore back sensitivity.

T

TheBeard

my guess is DHT floods the androgen receptors reducing their sensitivity (downregulation) causing less DHT being received by the body tissue. Body responds by producing more DHT in response (trying harder to deliver the DHT to receiving tissue). Excess DHT/T then has nowhere to go then gets converted into Estrogen. Androgen Receptors are temporarily/permanently downregulated (desensitised) until DHT is lowered to restore back sensitivity.

Dude, you just got shutdown after taking proviron, period.
There is no need to seek complex explanations for simple problems.

Other solution: you're just feeling the same as before you started proviron, but you just forgot how shitty felt

T

TheBeard

I was so stumped that I even have some crazy suspicion that they replaced the proviron tablets with propecia tablets (as I bought them from a dodgy source even despite they had the BAYER packaging etc.).

Ok I see what the real issue is: anxiousness to the point of absurdity

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals