Would Calcium Ascorbate Be A Good Source For Calcium Intake?

TreasureVibe

See title, thank you :)

Edit title should say good source not food source, can an admin change this? Thank you!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Calcium Ascorbate
Calcium ascorbate is the combination of calcium and ascorbic acid (that’s the fancy name for vitamin C). While it’s convenient to get both calcium and vitamin C from one type of calcium, calcium ascorbate supplements provide far more vitamin C than calcium. So from the perspective of supporting your bone health, you’d have to consume a lot of capsules a day to reap any real bone-health benefit.

How much elemental calcium does calcium ascorbate contain?

Approximately 10%
This was copied from a site which sells a product but the information on calcium ascorbate seems to answer your question. There’s more than what I copied if you are interested in reading it.
How are the types of calcium different? The most common types compared!

@TreasureVibe , I had this link to a calcium ascorbate supplement saved as it mentions its use as a calcium source:
"Remember: Calcium ascorbate should NOT be your sole source of megadose C or a calcium overload may result. About 10 grams per day will supply the RDA (1 gram) of calcium for an adult."
Calcium Ascorbate (I have no affiliation with this company or product)

Calcium ascorbate with provide too much vitamin C if you're just looking to add calcium to your diet.

Calcium malate may be an interesting alternative, since it doesn't neutralize stomach acid, like calcium carbonate does.

BearWithMe

No. Ascorbate will hinder/block the absorbtion of the very little elemental calcium that calcium ascorbate contain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals