Would any vendor be willing to synthesize a compound named S14, for me?

Blazko

Can any of the vendors synthesize S14 for me? It's a Phosphodiesterase 7 inhibitor.

PubChem: 3-phenyl-2-sulfanylidene-4aH-quinazolin-4-one

S14 chemical structure.png

I suffer from haloperidol-induced loss of dopaminergic and serotonergic neurons for 7 years. Haloperidol is neurotoxic to those neurons via its metabolites.

S14 increases the number of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra pars compacta, and increases the density of dopaminergic fibers in the striatum.

It's also called 3-phenyl-2-sulfanylidene-4aH-quinazolin-4-one.

Last edited:
Is this something that Cerebrolysin could help? From what little I know of Cerebrolysin it has some amazing benefits on those pathways. But I could be totally off base too.

OP
B

Blazko

I've been feeling terrible for years. Very poor wakefulness, memory, can't seem to recall probably most memories or knowledge, little motivation, trouble concentrating, learning and remembering new knowledge, depression.

brightside

I've been feeling terrible for years. Very poor wakefulness, memory, can't seem to recall probably most memories or knowledge, little motivation, trouble concentrating, learning and remembering new knowledge, depression.
But no cogwheel rigidity, dystonia, akathisia, dyskinesia, or other Parkinson’s or extrapyramidal symptoms?

If not, then I don’t think that you need to regenerate any neurons, but rather remove the constant assault on them. Dopamine neurons of the substantia nigra can make up for lost neurons no problem, and only start lagging behind when the vast majority are dead. On the other hand, you can literally induce Parkinsonism and treatment resistant depression by a single infusion of endotoxin. (for a short time)

I have a post on this general topic, and I cover more of the general topics concerning dopamine function.

OP
B

Blazko

I have had akatashia and muscle twitches in legs and arms - this is probably dyskinesia? Akatashia for a long time. Twitches for years.

I think that the haloperidol induced Parkinsonism in me. There's a study about haloperidol and its metabolites HPP+ and RHPP+ where its is described that the metabolites are neurotoxic to dopaminergic and serotonergic neurons:
The neurotoxicity of pyridinium metabolites of haloperidol

I believe the S14, or other PDE-7 inhibitors, BRL50481 or 3-phenyl-2,4-dithioxo-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinazoline would help me get better by replacing the lost neurons. Also Smilagenin and 6-fluoro-9-methyl-β-carboline could help.

Can someone synthesize them or buy them from a vendor like SigmaAldrich, Medkoo please?

S14: https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/product/aldrich/s525154
S14: PDE7 inhibitor S14 | CAS#18741-24-7 | PDE7 inhibitor | MedKoo

I suffer for years.

Last edited:

brightside

I have had akatashia and muscle twitches in legs and arms - this is probably dyskinesia? Akatashia for a long time. Twitches for years.

I think that the haloperidol induced Parkinsonism in me. There's a study about haloperidol and its metabolites HPP+ and RHPP+ where its is described that the metabolites are neurotoxic to dopaminergic and serotonergic neurons:
The neurotoxicity of pyridinium metabolites of haloperidol

I believe the S14, or other PDE-7 inhibitors, BRL50481 or 3-phenyl-2,4-dithioxo-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinazoline would help me get better by replacing the lost neurons. Also Smilagenin and 6-fluoro-9-methyl-β-carboline could help.

Can someone synthesize them or buy them from a vendor like SigmaAldrich, Medkoo please?

S14: https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/product/aldrich/s525154
S14: PDE7 inhibitor S14 | CAS#18741-24-7 | PDE7 inhibitor | MedKoo

I suffer for years.
Gotcha. Well the symptoms you mentioned earlier are obviously tied dopamine, but are not bad enough that they can’t be fixed. The akathisia and dyskinesia are much troublesome, but I still don’t see why you need an obscure dopamine neuron regenerating drug, when you could do it more “naturally”.

I’m not doubting that haloperidol is toxic, I have seen studies myself, but I still don’t think that's it’s impossible to come back even with brain damage. Like I said, some areas rich in dopamine neurons are incredibly resilient, but their suppression needs to be removed. Since endotoxin/inflammation is able to induce Parkinsonism, that illustrates the immense hold that inflammation can have over your dopamine neurons. Regeneration won't help, because the new neurons will also be suppressed, even if they regenerate perfectly.

I got akathisia from an antibiotic. Not the same thing as neuroleptics, I know, but at the same time, that further supports my point about the inflammation. I was able to basically make a full recovery using fairly mild interventions. Your original list of symptoms also supports my point, since such symptoms are often caused by inflammation, energy deficits, and hormonal problems.

For example, I distinctly remember reading a friends messages, and then not remembering what they said not even three seconds later. That kind of serious memory impairment only goes away when my gut clears up.

I think it is much more reasonable to first look at the basic, foundational things, since they play they largest role.

Back
Top Bottom