Worried That Coconut Oil May Have Clogged My Arteries

cyclops

So confused. Ray Peat has literally written articles about how great Coconut oil is. It is touted as the best fat one can use on these forums. OP ate 4 tablespoons a day and is worried? Everyone is giving him serious advice? lol

Last edited:

Tarmander

Some people get caught up in the media campaigns when they hit hard. Easy to get a little worried if your inexperienced with propaganda.

Djukami

The real question is: are you having any symptoms to be worried about @johnwester130 ? And if not, why are you worried then?
Or, all that your recent concern was because of AHA said about coconut oil?

tankasnowgod

sladerunner69

Well, there's this one- Dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids and composition of human aortic plaques - ScienceDirect

The abstract states- These findings imply a direct influence of dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids on aortic plaque formation and suggest that current trends favouring increased intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids should be reconsidered.

So, it's kinda like, you know.......:rightagain2

Yehaw I should have clarified "Saturated" fats... Still I think pufa clogs arteries by oxidizes and tearing the wall fo the arteries, forcing the cells to repair the damage via plugging the tears with cholestrol and saturated fats. That's where the whole notion that saturated fat "clogs" the arteries developed, from some very simple and shallow scientific analysis.

L

lollipop

Travis

Matthias Rath and Linus Pauling seem open to a role of PUFA in contributing to cardiovascular disease. And I quote:
It is also known that ascorbate [vitamin C] deficiency affects the integrity of the endothelial cell lining, thus promoting the infiltration of Lp(a) and other lipoproteins. On the basis of these considerations, we postulate that ascorbate can reduce or prevent the development of atherosclerosis by lowering plasma Lp(a), decreasing lipoprotein infiltration into the arterial wall, and preventing lipid peroxidation.
Lipoprotein (a) Is a Surrogate for Ascorbate