World’s Oldest Person Dies At 117

Fractality

What is the cause of death for centenarians? Organ failure? Physician assisted suicide?

yerrag

Ciprofloxacin is my guess.

Spondive

These are fake made up stories by the mainstream media controlled by you know who.., absurd stories we don’t have any reason to believe

Attakai

These are fake made up stories by the mainstream media controlled by you know who.., absurd stories we don’t have any reason to believe
Ed4LdEW.jpg

InChristAlone

68,000 people over 100 yrs old in Japan. Wow.

yerrag

68,000 people over 100 yrs old in Japan. Wow.
I wonder if most of them are like American zombies in nursing homes. Then they don't really count.

yerrag

What does this even mean? Have you even spent time at a nursing home?
Yes, have you? It means they are living off pharma drugs, cocktails of it. Not on good nutrition. Not on good metabolism, but on life support through drugs.

boxers

Yes every week. While some are ill and need support a lot are quite healthy and virbrant. Many are in their 90s and sing and dance. I certainly wouldn’t refer to any of them as zombies.

InChristAlone

I agree that nursing homes are full of people on at least 10 drugs. I have a grandmother in law who is now in assisted living because she has diabetes and didn't care for herself for many yrs. But she is going downhill pretty fast. My Grandpa on the other hand has stayed mobile and in his own home til now he is 96 and just now getting to the point of needing care around the house. I don't think he will make it til 100 though. He had a heart condition pretty early on in his life. And has been on a couple drugs. I bet if he didn't have that he'd be even more healthy now.

InChristAlone

Yes every week. While some are ill and need support a lot are quite healthy and virbrant. Many are in their 90s and sing and dance. I certainly wouldn’t refer to any of them as zombies.
Then they didn't need to be in a nursing home! Maybe more assisted living?

kayumochi

I wonder if most of them are like American zombies in nursing homes. Then they don't really count.

I lived in Japan for many years and met a 90-year-old man full of life enjoying a meal with a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other (He also had a full head of hair). He made quite an impression.

yerrag

I lived in Japan for many years and met a 90-year-old man full of life enjoying a meal with a cigarette in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other (He also had a full head of hair). He made quite an impression.
That's what I think is meant with living to a ripe old age. He doesn't find the need yet to be called in by his maker.

yerrag

You're right that a lot of them are healthy and vibrant. Many of them may even enjoy being there rather being lonely at home, given many people live very busy lives and don't have anyone full-time at home. But I'm just not sure how long they will stay healthy and vibrant. Given that nursing homes for the most part practice conventional medicine, and know as much about nutrition as your average doctor, and don't appreciate, for example, the important role of metabolism in keeping oneself healthy, I don't expect anyone under their care to stay vibrant nor healthy for long. They may live long, no doubt, but it's not really living anymore.

boxers

Of course eve
You're right that a lot of them are healthy and vibrant. Many of them may even enjoy being there rather being lonely at home, given many people live very busy lives and don't have anyone full-time at home. But I'm just not sure how long they will stay healthy and vibrant. Given that nursing homes for the most part practice conventional medicine, and know as much about nutrition as your average doctor, and don't appreciate, for example, the important role of metabolism in keeping oneself healthy, I don't expect anyone under their care to stay vibrant nor healthy for long. They may live long, no doubt, but it's not really living anymore.
i agree yes, well said