World leading prostaglandin researcher - "take fish oil to reduce pgd2"

And hair is his first priority? How telling :cool:

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

yes, he discovered a connection between pgd2 and hair loss in 2012

and then concluded fish oil could solve this

but his work is very good, a shame about his conclusion

on the hair loss forums they take massive amounts of fish oil because of this man's work

jyb

uuy8778yyi said:
on the hair loss forums they take massive amounts of fish oil

Does it work? Internet forums are great because you can track the history of various experiments undertaken by people. A supplement thread with few posters or only newcomers means users probably dropped it as they judged it wasn't useful.

Why do you characterize George Cotsarelis as "world leading prostaglandin researcher"?

Vinero

Taking fish oil blocks glucose oxidation and increases free fatty acids. Free fatty acids in the blood turn into prostaglandins. That's why I rather take aspirin and/or vitamin E to lower free fatty acids and prostaglandins. Even if fish oil decreases that particular prostaglandin, it might increase the other prostaglandins. Simply eating more sugar helps to lower free fatty acids and prostaglandins.

pboy

he probably sells fish oil...LOL...I smell something fishy about this

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

Such_Saturation said:
Why do you characterize George Cotsarelis as "world leading prostaglandin researcher"?

he is well respected and probably the only mainstream person to talk about pgd2 and hair loss.

it was big stuff in 2012

although I get the impression they would recommend fish oil for everything under the sun

XPlus

There a lot of good minds in the field but they're lost. It's like religion. You meet a lot of good people. Yet, they still can't get past dispositions that are set by culture and media.
Someone who grew up predisposed to thinking and learning in a certain way is going to find it difficult to un-cling from that paradigm, even if they're open minded.

Where I come from, we live on an island where people traditionally relied on fish.
To this day we still consume a lot of wild oily fish.

And the funny thing is, I don't see how the high consumption of fish prevented people from any modern diseases.

The main fishing town where fish is the daily staple for generations has been known in the local scene for its balding male population and has been for a long time. I'm drawing this comparison because other towns are known for their relatively higher consumption of pastured red meat and chicken.

On the island, I don't know of any centenarians, super athletes or a lot of people who do not suffer from at least one health condition.

These thoughts as well as Peat's views are in line with my experience supplementing fish oil.
I felt some reduction in my mild knee inflammation at the beginning and kept using it for years hoping one day it'll resolve the condition but my health only kept going downhill. Although, I always considered myself on top of my game when it comes to health and fitness, now I realise the damage that's been done.

There is only one article to his name mentioning prostaglandins. Seems more of a hair expert.