World IQ Scores Are Declining

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peat mentioned in one of his recent interviews that the population has been getting dumber as a result of PUFA overexposure. I posted a few studies on declining grip strength, sperm counts, and T levels all of which are good surrogates for general health. However, the most sensitive biomarker of systemic health is likely intelligence and some studies have shown declining SAT scores in Western populations.
This study below shows that the trend is general and likely affects the entire world. I am not surprised given that PUFA-laden diets, and exposure to stress and toxins has been spreading like wildfire to underdeveloped nations and perhaps the only people who are unaffected are ones living on remote islands in the Pacific or southern Indian oceans.

Are we becoming more STUPID? IQ scores are decreasing | Daily Mail Online
The decline of the world's IQ - ScienceDirect

"...Dysgenic fertility means that there is a negative correlation between intelligence and number of children. Its presence during the last century has been demonstrated in several countries. We show here that there is dysgenic fertility in the world population quantified by a correlation of −0.73 between IQ and fertility across nations. It is estimated that the effect of this has been a decline in the world's genotypic IQ of 0.86 IQ points for the years 1950–2000. A further decline of 1.28 IQ points in the world's genotypic IQ is projected for the years 2000–2050. In the period 1950–2000 this decline has been compensated for by a rise in phenotypic intelligence known as the Flynn Effect, but recent studies in four economically developed countries have found that this has now ceased or gone into reverse. It seems probable that this “negative Flynn Effect” will spread to economically developing countries and the whole world will move into a period of declining genotypic and phenotypic intelligence. It is possible that “the new eugenics” of biotechnology may evolve to counteract dysgenic fertility."

x-ray peat

I think the main cause of decreasing IQs in the west is increasing immigration from lower IQ countries. It doesn't seem that these studies control for immigration history.
This map of IQ by country explains a lot of whats going on.
iq_by_country.png

lvysaur

Dysgenic fertility already happened, we already have smaller brains than our paleolithic ancestors.

Just as agriculture allowed dumb people to survive, so will the internet and social media.

Vhds2XR.png

MrThyroid

Dysgenic fertility already happened, we already have smaller brains than our paleolithic ancestors.

Just as agriculture allowed dumb people to survive, so will the internet and social media.

Vhds2XR.png
The higher your t3 is the bigger your brain and the higher your intelligence, because thyroid hormones are extremely important for brain development.
Also the higher your metabolism the higher your anabolic and androgenic hormones are like test, DHT, HGH , igf are all also responsible for typicial big alpha head, skull, brain.
Also Raypeat mentioned that ppl with higher t3 are in all ways more intelligence

I suspect that this trend will accelerate due dysgenic mating preferences that is fueled by social media glorifying "ideal image" mates that favor physical attributes over cognitive traits. It's a very uncomfortable thing to talk about, but the movie Idiocracy is looking prescient.

ursidae

The higher your t3 is the bigger your brain and the higher your intelligence, because thyroid hormones are extremely important for brain development.
Also the higher your metabolism the higher your anabolic and androgenic hormones are like test, DHT, HGH , igf are all also responsible for typicial big alpha head, skull, brain.
Also Raypeat mentioned that ppl with higher t3 are in all ways more intelligence
Interesting how peat is this intelligent, being extremely hypothyroid in the developmental stages of his life and for years beyond that until he finally started self medicating.

It'a absurd. Intelligence has almost nothing to do with thyroid. Most geniuses spend half of their lives learning and they neglect physical activity. They are motivated mentally by learning and inventing useful things that will help the world. They are not driven by high t3. They are driven by accomplishing goals. T3 has more to do with longevity, increased energy and vitality, but not intelligence. Intelligence is mostly genetic.

Also, the reason nr. 1 that IQ is declining is stress. It's known that chronic stress decreases attention span, memory and most probably mental clarity.
Pick one guy and give him an IQ test.
Pick the same guy to complete a similar IQ test with Aderall.
The guy with Aderall will have a higher score.

Mister

Also, the reason nr. 1 that IQ is declining is stress. It's known that chronic stress decreases attention span, memory and most probably mental clarity.
Pick one guy and give him an IQ test.
Pick the same guy to complete a similar IQ test with Aderall.
The guy with Aderall will have a higher score.
Indeed, so many factors that influence these IQ tests.

drop67

Vhds2XR.png
brain size is completely useless only contributes a tiny percentage of iq difference. GENESGENES MATTER

Nebula

I think the main cause of decreasing IQs in the west is increasing immigration from lower IQ countries. It doesn't seem that these studies control for immigration history.
This map of IQ by country explains a lot of whats going on.
View attachment 9087

Something I’ve wondered is if climates with high average temperatures cause different brain development over time. I find it hard myself to think very deeply and intensely after spending all day in the heat. If the body must put energy to keeping cool it would make sense there would be less resources for the brain and over generations adaptations towards not wasting more energy than is necessary on the brain.

drop67

Something I’ve wondered is if climates with high average temperatures cause different brain development over time. I find it hard myself to think very deeply and intensely after spending all day in the heat. If the body must put energy to keeping cool it would make sense there would be less resources for the brain and over generations adaptations towards not wasting more energy than is necessary on the brain.
DHA consumption, higher thyroid output in cold weather^

Grapelander

Smartest generation ever. Just look at the way they use the cross walk - as if the white line is going to stop a truck. Freakin' phone.

burtlancast

Take your iodine kids

This.

A 2017 french documentary called "Tomorrow, all of us cretins ?" examines the worldwide decrease of IQ intelligence since 1995 in just about every industrialized country and traces it to endocrine disruptors (bromine essentially) poisoning the thyroid.

They conclude that in order to overcome this poisoning and keep the thyroid healthy, we need to supplement more iodine.

They of course don't admit the iodine daily allowance guidelines are a bunk and a scientific fraud, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

I will add supplementing with Vit D during pregnancy has been shown to improve intelligence of the babies, with the opposite (lack of Vit D during pregnancy) being a very high risk of autism (autism epidemy among Somali refugee newborns in Sweden)

I am a big cheerleader for iodine and iodine foods. I can tell a huge difference in my brain function and thyroid function when I take it. I take Nacent Iodine , sometimes Lugols as well as eat / drink Iodine foods.

Nebula

I am a big cheerleader for iodine and iodine foods. I can tell a huge difference in my brain function and thyroid function when I take it. I take Nacent Iodine , sometimes Lugols as well as eat / drink Iodine foods.
What’s your experience with iodine dosage? I experienced some terrible hyperthyroidism from kelp powder from what I thought was about 1-2mg iodine. It might have been more. Followed by some severe hypothyroidism. It took me about a year to recover, I still don’t feel 100%. I do feel iodine can play an important role in health and brain function, but it’s been unpredictable for me. I think my 19th century ancestors were probably iodine deficient on the American frontier, I wonder if some might have had learning disabilities because of it. Their descendants seemed to have mostly recovered from their deficiency though with no problem becoming engineers and artists.

Last edited:

Jsaute21

It'a absurd. Intelligence has almost nothing to do with thyroid. Most geniuses spend half of their lives learning and they neglect physical activity. They are motivated mentally by learning and inventing useful things that will help the world. They are not driven by high t3. They are driven by accomplishing goals. T3 has more to do with longevity, increased energy and vitality, but not intelligence. Intelligence is mostly genetic.
I agree. I do think T3 when properly fueled absolutely produces superior focus but I know some very smart low thyroid people.

Nebula

I agree. I do think T3 when properly fueled absolutely produces superior focus but I know some very smart low thyroid people.
Almost seems like many types of genius are a mental disorder often resulting from trauma. A high number of geniuses are born two months premature. Maybe causing some parts of the brain to under develop and others compensating in novel ways that create a hyper focus in a narrow interest. Intelligence from a healthy high thyroid metabolism seems to be something else entirely.