World IQ Scores Are Declining

Explorer

The higher your t3 is the bigger your brain and the higher your intelligence, because thyroid hormones are extremely important for brain development.
Also the higher your metabolism the higher your anabolic and androgenic hormones are like test, DHT, HGH , igf are all also responsible for typicial big alpha head, skull, brain.
Also Raypeat mentioned that ppl with higher t3 are in all ways more intelligence
Is it T3 or more Free T3 that influences that?

What even is the difference between the casual T3 reading and Free T3? Does TSH play a role in brain size and development and intelligence too or as long as the active final forms of Thyroid hormones are produced in sufficient enough amounts it does not matter how little or much TSH is in terms of the ability for your brain to use the Thyroid hormones for its maximum development?

akgrrrl

Indeed, so many factors that influence these IQ tests.
Yes I beg to differ on the t3 hypothesis after 16 years of battling different MDs on thyroid replacement dose. Instances over the years where reduction of 25mcgs kept me in a fog, unable to read or comprehend, reading and re-reading in frustration. Physical symptomolgy as well, lying in bed weak as a kitten is no joke. 6 weeks later on a new dose, lifting weights, singing, writing profusely, creative pursuits. From 25mcgs to 175, I have lived it all.

Explorer

Yes I beg to differ on the t3 hypothesis after 16 years of battling different MDs on thyroid replacement dose. Instances over the years where reduction of 25mcgs kept me in a fog, unable to read or comprehend, reading and re-reading in frustration. Physical symptomolgy as well, lying in bed weak as a kitten is no joke. 6 weeks later on a new dose, lifting weights, singing, writing profusely, creative pursuits. From 25mcgs to 175, I have lived it all.
What was your TSH, Free T3, Free T4, T3, T4 before you got your meds while you were still hypothyroid?

triple

Peat mentioned in one of his recent interviews that the population has been getting dumber as a result of PUFA overexposure. I posted a few studies on declining grip strength, sperm counts, and T levels all of which are good surrogates for general health. However, the most sensitive biomarker of systemic health is likely intelligence and some studies have shown declining SAT scores in Western populations.
This study below shows that the trend is general and likely affects the entire world. I am not surprised given that PUFA-laden diets, and exposure to stress and toxins has been spreading like wildfire to underdeveloped nations and perhaps the only people who are unaffected are ones living on remote islands in the Pacific or southern Indian oceans.

Are we becoming more STUPID? IQ scores are decreasing | Daily Mail Online
The decline of the world's IQ - ScienceDirect

"...Dysgenic fertility means that there is a negative correlation between intelligence and number of children. Its presence during the last century has been demonstrated in several countries. We show here that there is dysgenic fertility in the world population quantified by a correlation of −0.73 between IQ and fertility across nations. It is estimated that the effect of this has been a decline in the world's genotypic IQ of 0.86 IQ points for the years 1950–2000. A further decline of 1.28 IQ points in the world's genotypic IQ is projected for the years 2000–2050. In the period 1950–2000 this decline has been compensated for by a rise in phenotypic intelligence known as the Flynn Effect, but recent studies in four economically developed countries have found that this has now ceased or gone into reverse. It seems probable that this “negative Flynn Effect” will spread to economically developing countries and the whole world will move into a period of declining genotypic and phenotypic intelligence. It is possible that “the new eugenics” of biotechnology may evolve to counteract dysgenic fertility."
May I suggest this incredible book who’s author theorize a 1 point IQ drop per decade since our peak mid 19th century. They provide a solid case in my estimate and it’s a great read.

Amazon product ASIN 184540985XView: https://www.amazon.ca/At-Our-Wits-End-Intelligent/dp/184540985X/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?dchild=1&qid=1628715575&refinements=p_27%3AEdward+Dutton&s=books&sr=1-8

akgrrrl

What was your TSH, Free T3, Free T4, T3, T4 before you got your meds while you were still hypothyroid?
This ongoing utter disregard for a supposed deficiency just came to a head. A new MD surmises (last Fri) that at least the last 4yrs that dosage and 5x a year labs, the md s in charge only look at one t3, t4 value and then order a dose change. Below how the report reads, with an earlier test posted differently. She claimed instances of my tsh as .025 but I dont have the whole records as yet. Attached is how the report came to me, upon request. She recommended toss it all, that if it were her, she would cold turkey. Stunned, I did nothing 4 days and last night the tears and emoto surge was undeniable. This morning took a 75mcg dose and started a process of request at the pharmacy of the 16yrs records, and the last 4yrs at this office. Apologize for the pic being upside down, I do not understand why, I shot this with my phone rightside top and tried twice, it still is upside down upon attachment.Original diagnoses is not available, that doc is in Federal prison right now. Very much appreciate your question.
Are you talking T3 and T4 doses combined, or just T3?
Both, at different times. For a few years the prev doc separated t3 and t4, then just standard treatment Levothyroxine.

Attachments

• 20210811_125327.jpg
    20210811_125327.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210811_124835.jpg
    20210811_124835.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 21

Jsaute21

Almost seems like many types of genius are a mental disorder often resulting from trauma. A high number of geniuses are born two months premature. Maybe causing some parts of the brain to under develop and others compensating in novel ways that create a hyper focus in a narrow interest. Intelligence from a healthy high thyroid metabolism seems to be something else entirely.
I'd agree. Certainly some estrogen dominant folks i know that are very very smart but it seems in specific ways. Healthy high thyroid people seem to be well rounded, adaptable, good leaders etc.

Huge generalization but just my 2C.

akgrrrl

Ok, thanks for feedback guys. Another round of medical tyranny for me since I was here. Ditched all thyroid after more than a decade of "treatment". Red light, focus on diet, supps and wholeness. Had to get an attorney and an advocate to defy the system, the conclusion is that I was diagnosed wrongly to be one in a doc's system of profit with pharma. I went from 175mcg to zero. 2 weeks now.
She lives!

T-3

Ok, thanks for feedback guys. Another round of medical tyranny for me since I was here. Ditched all thyroid after more than a decade of "treatment". Red light, focus on diet, supps and wholeness. Had to get an attorney and an advocate to defy the system, the conclusion is that I was diagnosed wrongly to be one in a doc's system of profit with pharma. I went from 175mcg to zero. 2 weeks now.
She lives!
@askgrrrl
Would you mind sharing if you've continued with zero exogenous thyroid since quitting cold-turkey August 2021?

For 5+ years, I've been on relatively high doses of T3 (similar to the 175mcg you mentioned, with suppressed TSH and T4 way below range while feeling great -- reduced brain fog, no more fatigue, sharper cognitive function [according to my own subjective self-assessment]) interspersed with multi-month periods of 2 to 3 grains of NDT. I've often wondered how my body might respond if my docs were to cut off Rx supply force me to stop cold-turkey. Any updates on how you're going would be appreciated.

Last edited:

akgrrrl

My pleasure. The withdrawal was not without discomfort, but I employed as many foods and supps in consistent regimen as possible. At about 4weeks I itched from dry skin and scalp, scratching myself bloody at night, just crazymaking. @5 weeks, bradycardia kept me awake at night HR@30. I pushed on to 6 weeks and got labs, but THIS time did not leave it to my "provider" to determine. See, there was no orig diagnosis to be found for me as hypo, so this allowed me to start over, at the beginning. I swept the forum and Peats articles during those 6 weeks to increase my understanding of symptomology, doses, and reading the bloodwork. It turned out that indeed, I had been jacked up and down by medicos wrongly interpreting labs, and in fact ordering wrongly to begin with. I was often in such a fog and disarray (esp when overdosed) that my ability to assess and respond was impossible. I spent this last year with a DO who carefully listened to my assessments, did indeed review my patient portal as I requested to see the travesty unfold, and even read items from the forum which I presented to him in "question" form. I have been working my way up on dosage, as each 6 weeks between labs eliminated another symptom. I have been performing an online Wordscapes game since the beginning, and am now consistently in 2nd and 3rd place, a helpful measure for my prev brainfuzz factor. Also, I am more clear as to the WHY. Apparently fluoridated water as a youth into adulthood is a contributing factor. At any rate, I am giving blood for labs this week, and will report back. ATM my dose is of basic levothyroxine 88mcg, and I am most grateful to be working WITH a person in this dysfunctional medical system instead of it being inflicted upon me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals