Workout Diet With Supplements

sydney black

Hey all, I have been working out for a while now, and I get tired very fast. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and also am keeping up with the diet. I decided to take in some additional health supplements as I thought that would help. Could someone help and advise me if taking such supplements are harmful or not?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you know how much protein and carbs you're eating?
If not, I'd recommend you start there before using any supplements. If you're not well fed, chances are you're not going to perform very well in the gym.
But if those are in check, then vitamin B1 and sodium bicarb can help a lot.
To reduce fatigue, optimize glucose oxidation and minimize fat oxidation. You can do that by taking pyruvate (or pyrucet) pre-workout with your B1 and sodium bicarb.

johnwester130

Hey all, I have been working out for a while now, and I get tired very fast. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and also am keeping up with the diet. I decided to take in some additional health supplements as I thought that would help. Could someone help and advise me if taking such supplements are harmful or not?

this is a newbie guide to ray peat's work

Simple Newbie Guide To Peat's Work :

for exercise? i don't know. most people say b vitamins/baking soda and methylene blue help with lactic acid buildup

what supplements are you referring to?
fish oil,
resverstrol,
carnitine are considered the worst supplements in the metabolic theory of health

Lana

Do you know how much protein and carbs you're eating?
If not, I'd recommend you start there before using any supplements. If you're not well fed, chances are you're not going to perform very well in the gym.
But if those are in check, then vitamin B1 and sodium bicarb can help a lot.
To reduce fatigue, optimize glucose oxidation and minimize fat oxidation. You can do that by taking pyruvate (or pyrucet) pre-workout with your B1 and sodium bicarb.
Interesting . I must look up the Pyruvate. I’m starting back to conditioning after two years rest lol

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting . I must look up the Pyruvate. I’m starting back to conditioning after two years rest lol
Pyruvate stimulates pyruvate dehydrogenase, lowers lactate, increases the NAD:NADH ratio, increases ATP and CO2, etc. It's more effective for those that are metabolically compromised with downregulated PDH.
Other compounds that can also increase exercise performance include anti-serotonergics and dopaminergics.

Lana

Pyruvate stimulates pyruvate dehydrogenase, lowers lactate, increases the NAD:NADH ratio, increases ATP and CO2, etc. It's more effective for those that are metabolically compromised with downregulated PDH.
Other compounds that can also increase exercise performance include anti-serotonergics and dopaminergics.
I’ve started to take agmatine supplement for recovery from antibiotics induced neuropathy and I find it good so far . What are other dopaminergics or anti serotonergics

Hans

Forum Supporter
I’ve started to take agmatine supplement for recovery from antibiotics induced neuropathy and I find it good so far . What are other dopaminergics or anti serotonergics
Activated charcoal can help lower gut serotonin. PRL-8-53 increases dopamine and is anti-serotonin. Taking caffeine and/or Korean red ginseng pre-workout can help to blunt the exercise-induced increase in serotonin.

David90

Is it hard to build muscle as you get older ? . I was very muscly but I had to rest and then I lost quite a bit after antibiotics
Yes and No. In Terms of (Worser-) Recovery and (Possible) Injures, the Chances COULD get higher as you Age. But with Smart Training, a Good Diet and Supplementation i would not worry to much about it.

You said you get Tired very Fast. How do you Train in the Gym?!. Would you describe it as Harder Training (like going 1 or even 0 Reps to Failure) or rather Light (Like leaving 3-4 Reps in the Tank)? Because you COULD also be doing too much (for Example Too Much Workout Time and / or Volume).

If it is not, then it's Maybe A Diet Problem, that could be solved with Good Nutrition or Intelligent Supplementation (like the Tips, the others above have mentoined).

BUT If it is so, then dropping the Workout Volume would make sense. But not too much.
If someone reading this, has this Case, then i would advise doing Shorter Workouts (like 40-45 Minutes) and would do Mostly Compound Exercises (like Bench Press, Shoulder Press, Rows, Weighted-Pull Ups, Squats, Deadlifts) and Reducing the Isolation Exercises (like Biceps Curls, Triceps Pushdowns, Lateral Raises and so forth) to a bare Minimum.

Lana

Thank you that’s good advice . I had abandoned training due to fatigue for past year . I had reaction to antibiotic that depleted my thiamine and played havoc with my system so I had to work on diet and supplement and rest mostly to recover . The only thing I did was walking but I did that well as in good strides and some climbing hills . I’m feeling strong enough to challenge myself weights wise now . But must focus on keeping it real and go easy . Thanks ?

David90

Thank you that’s good advice . I had abandoned training due to fatigue for past year . I had reaction to antibiotic that depleted my thiamine and played havoc with my system so I had to work on diet and supplement and rest mostly to recover . The only thing I did was walking but I did that well as in good strides and some climbing hills . I’m feeling strong enough to challenge myself weights wise now . But must focus on keeping it real and go easy . Thanks ?

You're Welcome. :):

Just Remember:
-DON'T Go to Failure on Compound Exercises (Leave around 2-3 Reps in the Tank) since they are More Fatigung.

-You CAN go to Failure on Isolation Exercises. But do it Occasionaly (like 1 Exercise per Entire Workout), since they are less Fatiguing.

-If Someone's Fatigued from Training repeatedly -> Do Mostly Compound Exercises and do less Isolation Exercises AND/OR reduce the Total Workout Time (down to 40-45 Minutes).

Also:
-Train the Muscle Groups with Higher Frequency. Every Muscle Group should be hitted at least Two to Three Times per Week. Optimal Splits for this are Explained by me in this Thread ( "Failure" Training / Slow Pace Walking ).

-Train the Muscle Groups with Enough Volume. But don't overdo it.
Around 10 Sets per Major Muscle Group (Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders) per Week is Enough.
For Biceps, Triceps, Side and Rear Delts you need less. Around 4-6 Sets per Week. Since they get Indirectly Trained from all the Compound Exercises.

-Rest Times between Sets are 3-4 Minutes (for Compound Exercises). And 1-1,5 Minutes (for Isolation Exercises).
Also Rest Time BETWEEN EXERCISES (switching from one Exercise to another) should be around 3 Minutes for Enough Recovery.

If you have still Questions Regarding Training, you can always PM me, if you want :thumbsup: