Working Out As A Peatarian

Mr.Cacciatore

Hey guys, i am thinking about this for a long time. I am a long life fitness fan (and personal trainer). I did many streoids cycles in the past and i still take Testosterone. I tried many drugs and workout routine. Since Peat says that lactic acid is bad for us, would be the best weighlifting workout the one that does not make you to produce lactic acid? Like a Powerlifitng workout in the 1-3 rep ranges with big rest between sets when you only use creatine pshosphate as source of energy, with no glucose consumption and no lactic acid production?
I tried in the past the Bulgarian method with basically only heavy explosive singles (1 rep) and i also tried super high reps in drop set to failure and beyond (20 reps to failure then keep fighting agains the weight till the eccentric failure, like with negatives, then a forced rep and then dropping the weight and doing another 20 reps to failer etc without rest). Doing drop sets helped me to gain a lot of muscles (i was 105 kg shredded, at probably 7% bodyfat, also thanks to trenbolone etc) but that kind of workout killed my libido massively in the long term, but it gave me crazy erections immediatly post workout (estrogens? GH? NO?), with extreme sleepiness (probably because of serotonin), instead working out with heavy singles gave me good libido in the long term with also a very dominant behaviour (instead with drop sets i was more submissive and anxious). What do you think about this? What is your experience?
I think powerlifitng made more more mentally resiliant end with an explosive behaviour, it was furthermore very good for my metabolism and sexuality, instead the bodybuilding workout damaged my metabolism and sexuality badly, even with estrogens under control (thanks to exemestane, that was still toxic in my opinion), very low prolactine (cabergoline) and crazy high androgens (trenbolone, testosterone, drostanolone).

meatbag

Taking a lot of carbs before, during and after training can help a lot from what I've read;Carbohydrate Lowers Exercise Induced Stress – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Some people have mentioned using thiamine to help with the lactic acid;Thiamine Reduces Both Lactate And Ammonia
Maybe something like RPE (autoregulation) would be good - The Science of Autoregulation • Stronger by Science

"So on the whole CO2 thing, I guess there would be somewhat
of an argument then: When we exercise, we produce more CO2.

RP: Too much exercise, you produce lactic acid, which
drives your CO2 down. It's what over-training is. And if your
metabolism is very high, you can tolerate
that more activity without stress and lactic acid.

PT: How would you know if you're doing too much?

RP: It takes you longer to catch your breath.

PT: Okay. All right. So as long as we're not
breathing heavily, we are in good
shape?

RP: If you only breathe hard
and have a high heart rate for a couple
of minutes after exercise.

PT: I see it goes
back down then
you're doing okay? You're getting
stronger?

RP: Yeah. You know."
ORN 2020-04-20: Dr. Peat On Viruses, Exosomes, Flu, Vaccines

Last edited:

Bad Linhat

Hey guys, i am thinking about this for a long time. I am a long life fitness fan (and personal trainer). I did many streoids cycles in the past and i still take Testosterone. I tried many drugs and workout routine. Since Peat says that lactic acid is bad for us, would be the best weighlifting workout the one that does not make you to produce lactic acid? Like a Powerlifitng workout in the 1-3 rep ranges with big rest between sets when you only use creatine pshosphate as source of energy, with no glucose consumption and no lactic acid production?
I tried in the past the Bulgarian method with basically only heavy explosive singles (1 rep) and i also tried super high reps in drop set to failure and beyond (20 reps to failure then keep fighting agains the weight till the eccentric failure, like with negatives, then a forced rep and then dropping the weight and doing another 20 reps to failer etc without rest). Doing drop sets helped me to gain a lot of muscles (i was 105 kg shredded, at probably 7% bodyfat, also thanks to trenbolone etc) but that kind of workout killed my libido massively in the long term, but it gave me crazy erections immediatly post workout (estrogens? GH? NO?), with extreme sleepiness (probably because of serotonin), instead working out with heavy singles gave me good libido in the long term with also a very dominant behaviour (instead with drop sets i was more submissive and anxious). What do you think about this? What is your experience?
I think powerlifitng made more more mentally resiliant end with an explosive behaviour, it was furthermore very good for my metabolism and sexuality, instead the bodybuilding workout damaged my metabolism and sexuality badly, even with estrogens under control (thanks to exemestane, that was still toxic in my opinion), very low prolactine (cabergoline) and crazy high androgens (trenbolone, testosterone, drostanolone).

Well I'm not a pro like you, only an enthusiast (now i miss working out a lot because of the lockdown here in Italy).
Never used steroids, only pregnenolone and dhea now.
In my experience to keep a good libido i have to work out on alternate days (never two days in a row) and keep it short.
I'm not a fan of low rep workout: i prefer to alternate workout with low rep and high weight with other with high rep and less weight: for me the secret is keep it short and don't stress myself too much.
In this short wo i use too your same techinques: drop set, forced rep (if i have a spotter) and so on.
I sto do negatives because they generate too much lactic acid

OP
Mr.Cacciatore

Mr.Cacciatore

Taking a lot of carbs before, during and after training can help a lot from what I've read;Carbohydrate Lowers Exercise Induced Stress – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Some people have mentioned using thiamine to help with the lactic acid;Thiamine Reduces Both Lactate And Ammonia
Maybe something like RPE (autoregulation) would be good - The Science of Autoregulation • Stronger by Science

"So on the whole CO2 thing, I guess there would be somewhat
of an argument then: When we exercise, we produce more CO2.

RP: Too much exercise, you produce lactic acid, which
drives your CO2 down. It's what over-training is. And if your
metabolism is very high, you can tolerate
that more activity without stress and lactic acid.

PT: How would you know if you're doing too much?

RP: It takes you longer to catch your breath.

PT: Okay. All right. So as long as we're not
breathing heavily, we are in good
shape?

RP: If you only breathe hard
and have a high heart rate for a couple
of minutes after exercise.

PT: I see it goes
back down then
you're doing okay? You're getting
stronger?

RP: Yeah. You know."
ORN 2020-04-20: Dr. Peat On Viruses, Exosomes, Flu, Vaccines

So probably lower reps is better. I drink milk with sugar and breath into a paper bag just before workout.

Well I'm not a pro like you, only an enthusiast (now i miss working out a lot because of the lockdown here in Italy).
Never used steroids, only pregnenolone and dhea now.
In my experience to keep a good libido i have to work out on alternate days (never two days in a row) and keep it short.
I'm not a fan of low rep workout: i prefer to alternate workout with low rep and high weight with other with high rep and less weight: for me the secret is keep it short and don't stress myself too much.
In this short wo i use too your same techinques: drop set, forced rep (if i have a spotter) and so on.
I sto do negatives because they generate too much lactic acid

I am from Italy too, and luckly i have a gym in my house. My workout are always very short, when doing drop sets i usually only did one giant set and then stop. But still doind so short workout i burn out very quicly if i push myself too hard. So i am going to take a week off, and then from the next week i am going to try a low rep, long rest workout to see if that can help.

Bad Linhat

I am from Italy too, and luckly i have a gym in my house. My workout are always very short, when doing drop sets i usually only did one giant set and then stop. But still doind so short workout i burn out very quicly if i push myself too hard. So i am going to take a week off, and then from the next week i am going to try a low rep, long rest workout to see if that can help.

Lucky you to have home gym !
Probaby is useful to bag breath also after wo, because lactic acide reduce CO2.
Let us know the feedback you got after low rep wo.

JamesGatz

I'm about to start working out again - seeing all the brolic bros on the forum is inspiring me to put in this WORK

I should be building muscle fast since my DHT is on Cloud 9 😤👌💯💯

Muscle is the only thing I'm really missing TBH

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals