**** Work

Constatine

If you have some outside pursuits and hobbies and interests, and work keeps you from that, and you have enough saved up, I think these alternatives make work less appealing. But if you're used to the routine that work forces upon you, and would lose a sense of direction, it makes sense to continue working. If you have great friendships at work, the more so you want to stay on. When you're in Southeast Asia though, mostly if your commute eats up a lot of your time, I think you'd want to call it quits, considering how much time and life you've lost to traffic going to and from work.
I think if people were healthy and had a lot of creative energy they could achieve something without a job. Unfortunately the masses would end up doing nothing productive all day. Due to various factors people just don't have the drive to explore and create like they used to. Low energy individuals need a stable job and a strict schedule to keep their lives in order. A healthy individual can adapt to alternative lifestyles effectively. Seeking out fulfilment at the expense of a stable income would definitely require plenty of energy.

yerrag

I think if people were healthy and had a lot of creative energy they could achieve something without a job. Unfortunately the masses would end up doing nothing productive all day. Due to various factors people just don't have the drive to explore and create like they used to. Low energy individuals need a stable job and a strict schedule to keep their lives in order. A healthy individual can adapt to alternative lifestyles effectively. Seeking out fulfilment at the expense of a stable income would definitely require plenty of energy.
:bump2

You may have read it but you failed to understand it. The author isn't against work, he's against the protestant work ethic, which has distorted work to the point where most of today's work (especially low wage work) is neither valuable nor freely chosen.
What do you mean by "... has distorted to the point where most of today's work is neither valuable nor freely chosen"? Every work is valuable to some extent if it gives you money; and I can choose whether to work, or die in starvation induced by no money for buying foods.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals