Wooo's "Progesterone, The Master Hormone Myth"

OP
H

Hitoshi

exactly, nobody posting here ever said it was bad, to my knowledge.

Waynish

You have to be invited to be able to read this blog, which is the basis for this discussion.

Mito

Progesterone is an IMMUNOSUPPRESSANT
“Progesterone is considered an immune suppressant, but that’s because it limits our antibody production where estrogen drives furious production of antibodies but limits. Estrogen destroys our thymus if it’s dominant, progesterone can regenerate the thymus. What it’s doing is reducing the potentially autoimmune anti-survival antibody system and promoting the thymus-centric innate resistance system, reducing inflammation while allowing regeneration and restoration.” - RP
‎Generative Energy Streams: #36: CO2 and Mineral Balance | Thyroid | Magnesium | Calcium in Health and Disease | Current Events on Apple Podcasts

feedandseed

I just want to add to this discussion that in my anecdotal experience, using exogenous Progesterone or Pregnenolone greatly worsened oral thrush, skin, and gum infection during and after using. I developed a coated tongue and a red patch on my skin while taking daily pregnenolone. It got better when I stopped. The red patch tested positive for staph and streptococcus. I am not unhygienic or immunosuppressed.

Switching to androsterone as an alternative relaxing/pro-thyroid hormone largely alleviated these symptoms, but just recently I gave “Pansterone” a try and the symptoms that had been in remission suddenly returned.
I fail to see any other common factor, leaving me to believe that the claims of P4 suppressing the immune system are true.

I think this forum is possibly a little too dogmatic about substances being wholly good with no downsides, just because Peat was bullish about them.