Woodstock Occurred During A Pandemic, How Did We Respond?

RealNeat

A curious article, quite interesting.

https://www.aier.org/article/woodstock-occurred-in-the-middle-of-a-pandemic/

"Stock markets didn’t crash. Congress passed no legislation. The Federal Reserve did nothing. Not a single governor acted to enforce social distancing, curve flattening (even though hundreds of thousands of people were hospitalized), or banning of crowds. No mothers were arrested for taking their kids to other homes. No surfers were arrested. No daycares were shut even though there were more infant deaths with this virus than the one we are experiencing now. There were no suicides, no unemployment, no drug overdoses."

somuch4food

Our current society is based around fear and we mostly overreact all the time because we are stressed out as a species.

Media also make a big deal of everything by being sensationalist and add up to the global stress.

Today, every life matters. Money does not count when it comes to saving lives.

Back then, it was accepted that death was a possible part of life and that you add to continue marching on for the ones that died. Almost all families had lost someone to the war or a child. People focused on living to the fullest.

We are currently in a time when everyone is focused on preserving life now and for the future and too tired to realize they are not living. Back them, they were having fun after major conflicts ended. They felt relieved.

lampofred

Our current society is based around fear and we mostly overreact all the time because we are stressed out as a species.

Media also make a big deal of everything by being sensationalist and add up to the global stress.

Today, every life matters. Money does not count when it comes to saving lives.

Back then, it was accepted that death was a possible part of life and that you add to continue marching on for the ones that died. Almost all families had lost someone to the war or a child. People focused on living to the fullest.

We are currently in a time when everyone is focused on preserving life now and for the future and too tired to realize they are not living. Back them, they were having fun after major conflicts ended. They felt relieved.

+1

I think society has become more autistic (my guess is that radiation is a big reason why). We are not seeing the forest for the trees. It is true that every life is important, but we are focusing so much on that one detail that we are losing sight of the bigger picture of how many more lives will be impacted in the long-run by lost jobs.

LUH 3417

I can’t seem to wrap my head around the extreme measures we go to to save a life while at the same annihilating and destroying life in the name of harm reduction. It’s almost like an unconscious compensatory psychological drive, the more we hate life and try to curb its development, the more we try to preserve and save life in the most extreme circumstances.

lampofred

I can’t seem to wrap my head around the extreme measures we go to to save a life while at the same annihilating and destroying life in the name of harm reduction. It’s almost like an unconscious compensatory psychological drive, the more we hate life and try to curb its development, the more we try to preserve and save life in the most extreme circumstances.

I actually think they go hand in hand. People practice harm avoidance only if they are scared for their lives, if they think their lives are fragile. And the more they think think life is fragile the harder they will work to save it.

Lejeboca

I can’t seem to wrap my head around the extreme measures we go to to save a life while at the same annihilating and destroying life in the name of harm reduction.

Curious, indeed : Save a life... in the name of ultimate eugenics.

Personally, I don't think the overlords could have pulled it off (lockdown) if there were no Internet, "devices", and IoT gadgets.
Now everyone stays home and feels "connected". Voilà no need to go anywhere.

LUH 3417

Curious, indeed : Save a life... in the name of ultimate eugenics.

Personally, I don't think the overlords could have pulled it off (lockdown) if there were no Internet, "devices", and IoT gadgets.
Now everyone stays home and feels "connected". Voilà no need to go anywhere.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom