Wondro- an old-time remedy for gut fungus

Sugartits

Could you use MSM (methylsulphonylmethane) instead of flowers of sulphur? I have a one pound bag of it. I bought it as "organic sulfur".

I also have some pine needle essential oil. I was going to take them separately, but it might be interesting to combine them. Or should I get some pine gum spirits to use instead of the essential oil?

Maybe I should just buy that haarlem oil already made, I can see me poisoning myself on accident like a nitwit.

Ben.

Might be "safer" @Sugartits , buying it if you do not have the actual unbound form of sulphur available. I've no idea how msm reacts when heated in oil. I mean its already bound (?).

Since this intriguided me to much i just went for it and used sublimed sulphur and olive oil and put that bad boy into the microwave for 5 minutes.

Boy oh boy that smell is a wierd kind of awful. Smells like a mix of popcorn and the burned firework residue on new years eve.
Realy unpleasant. If you can do the heating outside of the apartment/house, do it that way.

Not sure if i used to little sulphur or to much oil or if its different with olive oil but it wasn'T realy vicious or thick, just liquid the way olive oil usually is. The colour was black. Had a internal mental fight with myself because i realy didn't feel like ingesting it due to the smell. EIther how i went for it and there wasn't realy to much taste to it. I thought it might be the kind of disgusting that castor oil is but i was even able to hold it in the mouth without much issue before swallowing.

I'd realy rather just take some fats like olive oil or warm butter and NAC to be honest.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I wonder if this can be applied topically. I might try to make some with olive oil outside and try it on an area of fungus that I keep under control with iodine. I bought some De La Cruz Sulfur ointment that was 10% sulfur in polypropylene glycol that didn't work at all. Even the olive oil and NAC might be good topically.
Thanks for all the discussion.

edit: polyethylene glycol

Last edited:

Sugartits

Might be "safer" @Sugartits , buying it if you do not have the actual unbound form of sulphur available. I've no idea how msm reacts when heated in oil. I mean its already bound (?).

Good to know, I was kind of coming to that conclusion too. I am excited about this substance, I suspect it could benefit my autism! My autism is related to Ehlers-Danlos. If nothing else it should help the Ehlers-Danlos.

Last edited:

Inaut

this is a great thread. Thanks OP.

After reading about wondro it got me thinking, why not just ingest ozonated oils? I’m pretty sure it would have similar if not more pronounced effects??? Just a thought though

Makrosky

Since this intriguided me to much i just went for it and used sublimed sulphur and olive oil and put that bad boy into the microwave for 5 minutes.

Boy oh boy that smell is a wierd kind of awful. Smells like a mix of popcorn and the burned firework residue on new years eve.
Realy unpleasant. If you can do the heating outside of the apartment/house, do it that way.

Not sure if i used to little sulphur or to much oil or if its different with olive oil but it wasn'T realy vicious or thick, just liquid the way olive oil usually is. The colour was black. Had a internal mental fight with myself because i realy didn't feel like ingesting it due to the smell. EIther how i went for it and there wasn't realy to much taste to it. I thought it might be the kind of disgusting that castor oil is but i was even able to hold it in the mouth without much issue before swallowing.

I'd realy rather just take some fats like olive oil or warm butter and NAC to be honest.
Why not buy it pre-made as Jam did? For these DIY things I always prefer to buy a prepared one first even if more expensive, see if it is helpful, and then I do it myself.

Bandooli

this is a great thread. Thanks OP.

After reading about wondro it got me thinking, why not just ingest ozonated oils? I’m pretty sure it would have similar if not more pronounced effects??? Just a thought though
I’ve thought about this as well. Actually asked Ray about ozonated oils some time ago and he wasn’t very fond of it’s internal use.

Like other powerful oxidants, it can serve as a topical antiseptic, but the lipid peroxidation of the oil produces toxic materials”. Yet some people seem to have positive results from these ozonated oils, so I asked what he thought was the reason behind that. ”The injury itself produced by a toxic medication can sometimes, via increased stress hormones, alleviate symptoms.

Ben.

Why not buy it pre-made as Jam did? For these DIY things I always prefer to buy a prepared one first even if more expensive, see if it is helpful, and then I do it myself.

I usually tend to do that but since money is getting tight and having the ingredients in my house, why not? The only thing i can do wrong here is missjudging the heat.
I’ve thought about this as well. Actually asked Ray about ozonated oils some time ago and he wasn’t very fond of it’s internal use.

Like other powerful oxidants, it can serve as a topical antiseptic, but the lipid peroxidation of the oil produces toxic materials”. Yet some people seem to have positive results from these ozonated oils, so I asked what he thought was the reason behind that. ”The injury itself produced by a toxic medication can sometimes, via increased stress hormones, alleviate symptoms.

Uhhh ... does ozonated oil scavenge the acetaldehyde?

Because the benefits do not come from the heated pufa oil but from the sulphur bound in it ...
Wondro is not about killing anything either ...

golder

I usually tend to do that but since money is getting tight and having the ingredients in my house, why not? The only thing i can do wrong here is missjudging the heat.

Uhhh ... does ozonated oil scavenge the acetaldehyde?

Because the benefits do not come from the heated pufa oil but from the sulphur bound in it ...
Wondro is not about killing anything either ...
Would he advise against ozonated olive oil?

OP
D

dogtrainer

Just thinking out loud here guys.

From the Wondro guy's other book, "Astrophysiology and Yeast:"

"Since aldehyde fuchsin will bind to and stain the same sulphur-rich tissue structures that are attractive to acetaldehyde, mapping out those tissues in the body that are stained by aldehyde fuchsin provides a window to those areas most likely to be vulnerable to acetaldehyde exposure.

Aldehyde-fuchsin produces staining of beta cell granules of the islets of Langerhans, keratin, elastic fibres, mast cell granules, hyaline cartilage, goblet cells, thyroid colloid, agentaffine cell granules, acrosomes of spermatozoa, gastric chief cells, beta cells of the pancreatic islets, certain hypophyseal beta granules, pituitary granules/cells -- a veritable smorgasbord of binding sites."

My takeaway:
1. Acetaldehyde has a strong affinity for sulfur and binds to it.
2. YOU are made of sulfur. (It's the third most common mineral in human tissue).
3. When acetaldehyde binds to those sulfur rich tissues, it can gum up the cellular processes that should be taking place there.
4. Different cells in different organs perform different functions. Chief cells synthesize and release pepsinogen, for example.
5. Yeast (and bacteria, like H.Pylori) make acetaldehyde.
6. Different individuals will harbor different levels and species of microbes.

Questions:
1. When the chief cells of your stomach are damaged/compromised by acetaldehyde, might hypochlorhydria and poor digestion result? Mast cell granules ---> "mast cell activation syndrome" that is becoming so common these days? Beta cells of pancreatic islets --> diabetes like conditions?
2. Could continual damage from acetaldehyde (and various other microbial byproducts) create a cascade of dysfunction leading to systemic disease?
Even ONE tissue being compromised, like stomach chief cells, could lead to hypochlorhydria -> impaired digestion -> bacterial overgrowths (which also produces more acetaldehyde -> more compromised tissue -> low appetite -> low nutrients -> impaired immune system -> more microbial overgrowth -> more acetaldehyde -> more damaged tissues throughout the body -> oh ***t now your thyroid is getting hit with acetaldehyde -> low thyroid hormone -> lower stomach acid ->the cycle continues

As someone who has been struggling with poor digestion for years the one thing I've learned is nothing about the body is compartmentalized. I know I probably seem crazy right now but this is a very interesting topic,.

Ben.

Just thinking out loud here guys.

From the Wondro guy's other book, "Astrophysiology and Yeast:"

"Since aldehyde fuchsin will bind to and stain the same sulphur-rich tissue structures that are attractive to acetaldehyde, mapping out those tissues in the body that are stained by aldehyde fuchsin provides a window to those areas most likely to be vulnerable to acetaldehyde exposure.

Aldehyde-fuchsin produces staining of beta cell granules of the islets of Langerhans, keratin, elastic fibres, mast cell granules, hyaline cartilage, goblet cells, thyroid colloid, agentaffine cell granules, acrosomes of spermatozoa, gastric chief cells, beta cells of the pancreatic islets, certain hypophyseal beta granules, pituitary granules/cells -- a veritable smorgasbord of binding sites."

My takeaway:
1. Acetaldehyde has a strong affinity for sulfur and binds to it.
2. YOU are made of sulfur. (It's the third most common mineral in human tissue).
3. When acetaldehyde binds to those sulfur rich tissues, it can gum up the cellular processes that should be taking place there.
4. Different cells in different organs perform different functions. Chief cells synthesize and release pepsinogen, for example.
5. Yeast (and bacteria, like H.Pylori) make acetaldehyde.
6. Different individuals will harbor different levels and species of microbes.

Questions:
1. When the chief cells of your stomach are damaged/compromised by acetaldehyde, might hypochlorhydria and poor digestion result? Mast cell granules ---> "mast cell activation syndrome" that is becoming so common these days? Beta cells of pancreatic islets --> diabetes like conditions?
2. Could continual damage from acetaldehyde (and various other microbial byproducts) create a cascade of dysfunction leading to systemic disease?
Even ONE tissue being compromised, like stomach chief cells, could lead to hypochlorhydria -> impaired digestion -> bacterial overgrowths (which also produces more acetaldehyde -> more compromised tissue -> low appetite -> low nutrients -> impaired immune system -> more microbial overgrowth -> more acetaldehyde -> more damaged tissues throughout the body -> oh ***t now your thyroid is getting hit with acetaldehyde -> low thyroid hormone -> lower stomach acid ->the cycle continues

As someone who has been struggling with poor digestion for years the one thing I've learned is nothing about the body is compartmentalized. I know I probably seem crazy right now but this is a very interesting topic,.

Not crazy at all. The question is, if its realy "that" thing that is doing damage in you specifically. Worst case yu spend alot of time following that rabbit hole without it applying to your situation.

Somewhere some poor sucker surely is the victim of what this author describes. I too have noticed that regardless of what i eat or supplement, my assimilation is realy bad, my body is in constant chronic inflamation state and w/e antifungal or antihelminthic or antibiotic i use it only helps for a few days and then the issue is there again, just kind of relocated to another part of the body perhaps. And there is a overgrowth of something, even if its not the cause per se.

The downspiral you describe is real. Now idk if its the yeast, or emf, or emotional or physical trauma, thyroid-damage first or after etc. Chicken or the egg so to speak.
If it werent for the heated pufa this whole idea would seem to be a fairly low risk long term therapy. In the pdf you shared on the original post there seem to be quite some substances binding to the byproduct aswell like q10, quinones, polyphenol in apples and antioxidants in general etc. fairly easy to acquire in food or supplement form too. It seems to be fairly easy to combine with cell enhancing, peatforum approved substances such as methylene blue, thiamin, nicotinamide and so on and so forth.

Ben.

So i know the original PDF already mentioned NAC as a scavenger and to coat the mucosa with it and some oil, but L-Cystein on its own seems also to be already very protective to the cellular damage induced from acetaldehyde. I think my supplement stack for a night of alcohol just improved since i wasn't realy aware that the break down of alcohol actually creates something like acetaldehyde (never realy researched it tho as i barely drink any).

While i can see the reduction of this toxin to be beneficial. The "protocol" i guess needs to intigrate a antifungal at some point and in the long run as to not rely on supplements to keep the antioxdative helpers from being overwhelmed.

Cellular and Molecular Evidence of Acetaldehyde Elimination and Intracellular Environment Antioxidation by L-Cysteine

Abstract​

Acetaldehyde is a harmful metabolite of smoking and drinking. This study was initially intended to facilitate the understanding of the possible injury mechanism of A549 cells damaged by acetaldehyde and the possible protective mechanism of L-cysteine (L-Cys) by analyzing the oxidative damage indicators, as well as the changes in cell morphology and gene expression. Results from the dithiodimorpholine nitrobenzoic acid colorimetric determination for glutathione peroxidase (GSH-Px) activity in L-Cys groups were significantly higher than those in the acetaldehyde group in a dose-dependent manner. The expression of cytochrome c oxidase subunit II (COII) mRNA was significantly reduced compared with the control group () and was noticeably restored in the L-Cys groups. Scanning electronic microscopy observation, DAPI staining, and flow cytometry also indicated that L-Cys could effectively attenuate the oxidative damage to A549 cells caused by acetaldehyde and reduces the rate of apoptosis. In conclusion, the protective effects of L-Cys on A549 cells against oxidative damage by acetaldehyde were dose-dependent within the range of 10 μmol/L to 160 μmol/L. Acetaldehyde damaged the mitochondria and resulted in the apoptosis of A549 cells by reactive oxygen species (ROS), e.g., free radicals, but L-Cystein reversed the release of cytochrome c from the mitochondria, reduced the rate of apoptosis, and protected cells from ROS and oxidative stress.

1. Introduction​

Acetaldehyde in the human body is primarily oxidized and metabolized by alcohol dehydrogenase in the liver. Acetaldehyde can also be increased by the uptake of beer, bread, and fruits containing this metabolite. Acetaldehyde can also be acquired from air or from tobacco smoking. Its low boiling point (20.2°C) causes acetaldehyde to evaporate easily. The perception limit of acetaldehyde in air ranges from 0.07 mg/L to 0.25 mg/L, which is within the normal range of concentrations for fruity odor [1]. However, higher concentrations will irritate the eyes, nose, throat, and lungs, resulting in cough and polypnea. The intake of high concentrations of acetaldehyde will make people sick, lose consciousness, contract emphysema, or even die from respiratory and cardiovascular failure [2]. Acetaldehyde has been shown to act on the liver by depressing mitochondrial function, decreasing fatty acid oxidation, enhancing glycogenolysis, and decreasing gluconeogenesis from glycerol during alcohol consumption [3]. Acetaldehyde reacts with DNA to form a variety of adducts that may cause polymerase errors and mutations in critical genes, frequently activating proto-oncogenes while inactivating tumor suppressor genes to result in tumorigenesis or carcinogenesis [4–6]. Moreover, acetaldehyde is also considered as a major cause of alcoholism and alcohol addiction [7, 8]. Therefore, the effective elimination of acetaldehyde is important not only in preventing cellular toxicity but also in the efficient removal of alcohol [9].

Acetaldehyde can be eliminated from the human body in three ways. The first way is to reduce the generation of acetaldehyde by avoiding alcohol drinking and smoking. The second way is achieved via accelerating the metabolism of acetaldehyde, such as by increasing the activity of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) in vivo or the content of ALDH to accelerate the conversion of acetaldehyde to acetic acid. The last way is to enable acetaldehyde to combine with another substance to become nontoxic and then be excreted [9].

The reaction of acetaldehyde with most amino acids generates relatively free and stable imines [10]. In particular, L-cysteine (L-Cys) can react with acetaldehyde to produce 2-methylthiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid, which is nontoxic to the human body and can be directly excreted [11]. Therefore, L-Cys can accelerate the consumption of acetaldehyde and effectively detoxify organisms subjected to acetaldehyde. Alternatively, L-Cys can also be converted into 2-methylthiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid (MTCA), a stable and nontoxic compound [12]. MTCA conversion has been regarded as a way to eliminate carcinogenic acetaldehyde in the digestion system of humans [13].

Methods used for acetaldehyde depletion by L-Cys have been increasingly recognized by different scientific and industrial communities [14, 15]. L-Cys, with its capability to chemically neutralize acetaldehyde, reportedly prevented ethanol- and acetaldehyde-induced conditioned place preference in the same strain of rats [16]. L-Cys also has a great affinity with acetaldehyde in air and therefore precipitates acetaldehyde [17]. Other studies have shown that acetaldehyde may possess reinforcing properties and that L-Cys can reduce the need to self-administer acetaldehyde [15]. Previous studies demonstrated that acetaldehyde has a significant damage effect on A549 cells in a concentration-dependent manner and L-Cys could protect A549 cells damaged by acetaldehyde and significantly increased its antioxidant capability [16, 18]. In the present study, the apoptosis-promoting mechanisms of acetaldehyde and the possible protective mechanism of L-Cys are further investigated.

4. Discussion​

Reactive oxygen species (ROS) are constantly produced and eliminated from various cells as products of metabolism. Organisms can normally regulate ROS to control cell apoptosis and proliferation [19, 20]. At low physiological levels, ROS function as “redox messengers” in intracellular signaling and regulation, whereas excess ROS induce the oxidative modification of cellular macromolecules, inhibit protein function, and promote cell death [21]. Cell growth by ROS and their role as a messenger in various signaling pathways is tightly regulated because once the amount of cellular ROS dramatically changes, the variation of cellular activity may be predicted [19, 21].

ROS are largely generated in the mitochondria. Bare mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) is prone to attacks from free oxygen radicals. Consequently, structure and function can be decayed, which is why mitochondrial damage is always found in different degenerative chronic diseases [22, 23]. COII is the cytochrome c active center coded by mtDNA, and its structural and functional changes leading to damage of the mitochondrial respiratory chain are connected to the release of cytochrome c [24]. The expression of COII mRNA suggests that 200 μmol/L acetaldehyde can significantly reduce the expression of cellular COII mRNA. Two possible pathways exist relative to the damage to mitochondrial COII: one is to cause the COII structure to change and release cytochrome c to increase the oxidative damage of the mitochondrion and cause cells to continue apoptosis, and the other is to cause oxidative damage to mitochondrial DNA to reduce the expression of cytochrome oxidase.

L-Cys reacts with acetaldehyde to generate imine (Figure 6), which is harmless to the human body and can be directly excreted, making L-Cys protective to organisms [20, 25]. This research demonstrates that L-Cys significantly improves LDH activity, MDA contents, and other antioxidant indexes in acetaldehyde-damaging cells and significantly decreased the apoptosis rate [16]. In this article, we found that the gene expression of COII mRNA in low, medium, and high L-Cys concentration groups significantly increased compared with that of the 200 μmol/L acetaldehyde group. Thus, L-Cys is significantly protective to acetaldehyde-damaging cells.

6864574.fig.006.svgz

Figure 6
Chemical structural formula of L-Cys reacts with acetaldehyde to generate 2-methylthiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid (MTCA).
Acetaldehyde, as an external and intracellular oxidant, can cause direct oxidative damage to biological macromolecules [26, 27]. Smoking, alcoholism, and air pollution increases the level of acetaldehyde in the human body. If a large amount of acetaldehyde produced in vivo cannot be removed promptly, the dynamic pro-oxidative system and antioxidant system of the organism lose balance, such that tissue or cells are frequently oxidatively damaged [28, 29]. Alcohol in the liver is rapidly metabolized into acetaldehyde, and acetate is the main source for carbon systemic circulation. So, there is no toxic effect if the metabolism functions normally. However, in the case of large consumption of alcohol, not only acetaldehyde can be accumulated but also acrolein through oxidation of lipid can be increased in liver. The acrolein has been recently regarded as a pathogenic mediator for many liver diseases [30]. Our results indicate that acetaldehyde can induce cellular damage, reduce GSH-Px activity, and cause apoptosis, whereas L-Cys increases GSH-Px activity. Combined with previous research results, we conclude that L-Cys is a powerful protective compound against the oxidative damage induced by acetaldehyde, which is possibly achieved by increasing the antioxidant environment in cells.

Ben.

Sorry if i reach spamming status here but that topic realy fascinates me for some reason. Now this is from a article refering to studies but since it keeps it simple i thought its worth sharing:

In Search of a Cure for the Dreaded Hangover

Hangover cause
Shortly after a person starts consuming an alcoholic drink, the liver gets to work. The enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) metabolizes the ethanol (that's the type of alcohol in alcohol) into toxic acetaldehyde. From there the liver enzyme aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) metabolizes acetaldehyde into acetate, a less toxic compound that breaks down into water and carbon dioxide. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, some alcohol metabolism also occurs in the pancreas, gastrointestinal tract and the brain, but the liver does the bulk of the work with its two enzymes.

The problem is: all this takes time and, the next day, the drinker suffers.

The researchers reported that heavy drinking leads to elevated acetaldehyde levels, which leads to inhibited ALDH enzymes, and in turn causes these adverse effects. The alcohol does not properly metabolize.

Research in hungover rats suggests that the buildup of to much acetate is not a good thing, and may be responsible for hangovers. “Because acetaldehyde is a very reactive compound and toxic to the body, your body has an efficient mechanism for handling that. It changes it into a very stable compound, which is acetate,” Oshinsky says. “Your body is filled with acetate and there are lots of other biological processes that have acetate as a by-product.” Too much acetate can trigger a nasty headache. Oshinsky published his work in the peer-reviewed PLoS ONE in December 2010. His findings are backed up in principle by dialysis research. Doctors working with patients with failed kidneys used sodium acetate to buffer the dialysate, one of the two fluids in dialysis used to clean the blood, and discovered significant headaches in about 30 percent of the patients. After the dialysis researchers switched the buffer from sodium acetate to sodium borate, Oshinsky says, the headache rate dropped to less than 2 percent.

Hangover cures
Now the part you’ve been waiting for: Modern scientists have almost as many cures for hangovers as have been handed down from antiquity. Last year Chinese researchers from Sun Yat-sen University in China, the Food & Function paper co-authors, studied 57 different herbal and carbonated drinks' impacts on the enzymes that break down and rid the body of acetaldehyde and acetate, respectively. They discovered that some drinks, namely an herbal infusion called “Huo ma ren,” which consists of hemp seeds, increased ADH levels. That accelerated the breakdown of the alcohol in the first place but also inhibited the enzyme responsible for getting rid of acetate. The study showed that although green teas are rich in antioxidants, they “seriously prohibit” the metabolism of alcohol. The researchers wrote it’s better not to drink tea products during or after excessive alcohol consumption.

On the other hand, four beverages increased ADH and ALDH activity, helping to metabolize the toxins more quickly. Xue bi, which is similar to the popular soft drinks Sprite and 7-Up, showed the greatest increased ALDH activity and breakdown of acetaldehyde. The paper said the common soft drink additive taurine promotes efficient elimination of acetaldehyde. Thus, this research pointed toward Sprite or other soft drinks with taurine as being the optimal hangover cure.

Sticking to the liquid cures, Oshinsky’s study credits a morning cup of coffee and an aspirin. “The way we block the headache in the rat is five hours after we exposed them to alcohol, we gave them the caffeine,” Oshinsky says. “Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs also block the headache in the rat and those have a much longer half-life, so you can treat the animal much earlier, three or four hours before the headache.”

Now i have no idea if it was placeboe, but the "wondro" i made and took led to significantly lower tinnitus that night. I'll keep observing. Now i've read of people ridding their tinnitus with taurin and methylene blue and k2. all of these tackle the fungi byproducts and damage from them if i were to believe the original posts PDFs content.

Coffe and asprin ... ray peat right again? Now i know thoose are kinda old. But this is so fascinating to me.

I guesss some l-cystein or NAC before and after drinking, and some sprite or something else with taurin afterwards when the night comes to a end. water+electrolytes before bed is holy aswell. Simple enough i guess.

MCurtone

6 days in:

Very obvious effect: Almost complete disappearance of intestinal irritation/aches and acid reflux from eating.

Intolerance to foods and supplements ( curcumin/turmeric, garlic, i.e. many anti-fungals) has also disappeared.

Also, tongue is going from very white and sore with obvious signs of damage to pink and healing.

Used Flax Seed Oil and Sublimed Sulfur powder in microwave on high for 5mins.

Consuming the resultant gooey black mess is not so difficult. I have been taking less than half a TSP about 1/2 an hour after each meal.

Only problem in making it: the smell is really bad and will invade the entire house and is hard to ventilate. I guess we can call them fumes.

I would be concerned about the potential by-products of this (simple) process having toxicity.
This is incredibly fascinating.

I have a coated tongue, for years now. I also have PFS. I came down with it in 2016. A few weeks into PFS, I had appendicitis. I became allergic to absolutely everything, when I could eat anything before. Brain fog, DP/DR, Anhedonia, low dopamine, whole hosts of issues and a "cascade" I call it, just so happens that term is used in this reading as well.

I've placed my order for Flax Seed and Sulfur powder. Should arrive for the 28th and that's when I will begin.

Please keep me updated with your journey on this. I will as well. No doubt I have yeast overgrowth as I've done ACV enemas and have expelled absolutely humungous amounts of white, fluffy fungus.

My symptoms became terrible in 2018 when I started consuming water-kefir. I felt drunk from it for days. Developed histamine intolerance and was thinking about acetaldehyde.

Makrosky

@Ben. I didn't read your whole posts since I am now in christmas etc. but I remember there was a mineral (molybdenum IIRC) that was needed to remove acetaldehyde. All minerals are helpful of course but that one was particularly necessary and often scarce in food and definitely not the typical stuff we supplement here. You might want to check it to add to your hangover stack. Amazoniac posted about it IIRC.

Have a good one!

golder

This is incredibly fascinating.

I have a coated tongue, for years now. I also have PFS. I came down with it in 2016. A few weeks into PFS, I had appendicitis. I became allergic to absolutely everything, when I could eat anything before. Brain fog, DP/DR, Anhedonia, low dopamine, whole hosts of issues and a "cascade" I call it, just so happens that term is used in this reading as well.

I've placed my order for Flax Seed and Sulfur powder. Should arrive for the 28th and that's when I will begin.

Please keep me updated with your journey on this. I will as well. No doubt I have yeast overgrowth as I've done ACV enemas and have expelled absolutely humungous amounts of white, fluffy fungus.

My symptoms became terrible in 2018 when I started consuming water-kefir. I felt drunk from it for days. Developed histamine intolerance and was thinking about acetaldehyde.
Incredibly similar symptoms as you. Just wondering if you still have them now, or if you have them under control? If the ACV enemas worked quite nicely, was there any reason you’ve stopped them? Only reason I ask is that I want to try them myself but concerned you may have ended up having an adverse experience? Thanks man!

PolishSun

that's a reading list about acetyldhedie

1. Cleary, J.P. The NAD Deficiency Diseases. J Orthomolecular Med, 1986, 1:164-74.
2. Galland, L.D. Nutrition and Candida Albicans, 1986 A Year in Nutritional Medicine, ed J. Bland. New Canaan:Keats Pub., 1986, 203-238.
3. Truss, C.O. Metabolic Abnormalities in Patients with Chronic Candidiasis: The Acetaldehyde Hypothesis. J Orthomolecular Psychiatry, 1984, 13:66-93.
4. Levine, S. and Kidd, P. Antioxidant Adaptation, pp. 70-71. San Francisco: Biocurrents Pub., 1986.
5. Tsuboi, K.K. et al. Acetaldehyde-Dependent Changes in Hemoglobin and Oxygen Affinity of Human Erythrocytes. Hemoglobin, 1981, 5:241-50.
6. Tuma, D.J. et al. The Interaction of Acetaldehyde with Tubulin, in: Ann NY Acad Sci, ed. E. Rubin, Vol. 492, 1987.
7. Sprince, H., et al. Protective Action of Ascorbic Acid and Sulfur Compounds against Acetaldehyde Toxicity: Implications in Alcoholism and Smoking. Agents and Actions, 1975, 5:164-73.
8. Williams, R.R., et al. Induced Thiamin (Vitamin B1) Deficiency in Man. Arch Int Med, 1942, 69:721-38.
9. Dreyfus, P.M. and Victor, M. Effects of Thiamine Deficiency on the Central Nervous System. Am J Clin Nutr, 1971, 9:414-25.
10. Kutsky, R.J. Handbook of Vitamins, Minerals, and Hormones, 2nd ed, p. 284. NYC: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1981.
11. Lehninger, A.L. Principles of Biochemistry, p. 761. NYC: Worth Pub., 1982.
12. Das, I., et al. Effects of Zinc Deficiency on Ethanol Metabolism and Alcohol and Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Activities. J Lab Clin Med, 1984, 104:610-17.
13. Lesser, M. Nutrition and Vitamin Therapy, pp. 41-50. NYC: Bantam, 1981.
14. Pike, R.L. and Brown, M.L. Nutrition, An Integrated Approach, 3rd ed., pp 624. NYC: Macmillian Pub., 1984.
15. Horrobin, D.F. The Importance of Gamma-Linolenic Acid and Prostaglandin E1 in Human Nutrition and Medicine. J Holistic Med, 1981, 3:118-39.
16. Abraham, G.E., et al. Effect of Vitamin B6 on Plasma and Red Blood Cell Magnesium Levels in Premenopausal Woman. Ann Clin Lab Sci, 1981, 11:333-36.
17. Hoffer, A. Orthomolecular Medicine for Physicians, p. 34. New Canaan: Keats Pub, 1989.
18. Lumeng, L. The Role of Acetaldehyde in Mediating the Deleterious Effect of Ethanol on Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate Metabolism. J Clin Invest, 1978, 62:286-93.
19. Lieb, J. Elevated Levels of Prostaglandin E2 and Thromboxane B2 in Depression. Prost Leukotr Med, 1983, 10:361-67.
20. Blum, K. and Payne, J. Alcohol and the Addictive Brain, pp. 99- 216. NYC: The Free Press, 1991.
21. Sorrell, M.F. and Tuma, D.J. The Functional Implications of Acetaldehyde Binding to Cell Constituents; Ann NY Acad Sci, ed. E. Rubin, 1987, Vol. 492.
22. Cleary, J.P. Etiology and Biological Treatment of Alcohol Addiction. J Neurol Orthop Med Surg, 1985, 6:75-77.

Ben.

@Ben. I didn't read your whole posts since I am now in christmas etc. but I remember there was a mineral (molybdenum IIRC) that was needed to remove acetaldehyde. All minerals are helpful of course but that one was particularly necessary and often scarce in food and definitely not the typical stuff we supplement here. You might want to check it to add to your hangover stack. Amazoniac posted about it IIRC.

Have a good one!

Hey man. Thank you, i'll look into it!

MCurtone

Incredibly similar symptoms as you. Just wondering if you still have them now, or if you have them under control? If the ACV enemas worked quite nicely, was there any reason you’ve stopped them? Only reason I ask is that I want to try them myself but concerned you may have ended up having an adverse experience? Thanks man!
I stopped doing them a few years ago. Seemed pointless to me. Also very hard to retain.

I just took my first dose of wondro. I'm an incredibly sensitive individual. I will try to get to 3 doses per day.

The smell is dreadful. Do not make this inside your home. I had to take my toaster oven and make it outside with an extension cable, far easier. It takes longer with an oven and only 5 minutes with a microwave. Just do 450 degrees for 20 minutes or until solution is pretty black/brown. Otherwise, use a microwave on high for 5 mins.

Will report back.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom