Wondro- an old-time remedy for gut fungus

Ben.

6 days in:

Very obvious effect: Almost complete disappearance of intestinal irritation/aches and acid reflux from eating.

Intolerance to foods and supplements ( curcumin/turmeric, garlic, i.e. many anti-fungals) has also disappeared.

Also, tongue is going from very white and sore with obvious signs of damage to pink and healing.

Used Flax Seed Oil and Sublimed Sulfur powder in microwave on high for 5mins.

Consuming the resultant gooey black mess is not so difficult. I have been taking less than half a TSP about 1/2 an hour after each meal.

Only problem in making it: the smell is really bad and will invade the entire house and is hard to ventilate. I guess we can call them fumes.

I would be concerned about the potential by-products of this (simple) process having toxicity.

Woah you actually went for it.

Thanks for sharing. Is flax seed oil and sublimied sulfur in the microwave actually the right way to "combine" the two?

Would low heat for a longer period of time be better? I wonder if olive oil as tankasnowgod mentioned be better alternative?!

Awsome thread btw at the OP. Defeniately have to read trough the PDF when i find the time. Glad this forum has a bookmark function.

golder

I think the treatment protocol should go something like this:

Bait the Fungus with some attractive sugar/starch/alcohol.

Follow up with a very mild dose of an herbal or food based Anti-Fungal.

Then apply the Sulfurated Oil to neutralize the resulting Acetaldehyde.

Keep repeating, but work Slowly and Patiently

Do not provoke the Fungus excessively or you will suffer it's consequences.
Thanks man. Can you tell us some more about specific sulphurated oil examples and dosages? Much appreciated

atlee7757

The book link that starts this thread gives a recipe for single dose production.

WONDRO FOR ONE:
•precipitated sulphur, USP (1/2 tsp)
•flax oil (2 tbsp)

I used Sublimed Sulfur ( because that is what i already had) and converted (as best as i could) to grams:

Sublimed Sulfur

atlee7757

I used Sublimed Sulfur ( because that is what i already had) and converted (as best as i could) to grams:

Sublimed Sulfur 2.2gms
Flax Oil 30gms

Ben.

The book link that starts this thread gives a recipe for single dose production.

WONDRO FOR ONE:
•precipitated sulphur, USP (1/2 tsp)
•flax oil (2 tbsp)

Sublimed Sulfur

Ray recommends sublimed sulphur (flower of sulphur) instead of the more commercially avilable grounded sulphur found in health stores for "killing" fungi and parasites but as the OP mentioned we are not trying to kill but rather reduce the byproducts weakining the organism.

Perhaps taking sublimed is a win win here? Havent gotten to read the WONDRO pdf for clarification yet but i wonder if it realy matters for the flax oil combination and binding to acetaldehyde.

Adam B. Hessel, ... Julio C. Cruz Ramón, in Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy (Fourth Edition), 2021

Chemistry​

Sulfur is a yellow nonmetallic element. Various preparations of sulfur (Table 55.1) are produced as follows:
Table 55.1. Various Forms of Sulfur
FormColor/ConsistencyParticle SizeSolubilityClinical Use
Sublimed sulfur (flower of sulfur)Yellow powderRelatively largeInsoluble in water or alcoholIn ointments
Precipitated sulfur (milk of sulfur)Yellow-white powderRelatively smallInsoluble in water; slightly soluble in alcoholIn ointments
Colloidal sulfurYellow crystalline solidRelatively smallerPractically insolubleSuspended in colloidal solution
Sulfurated potashYellow-brown to brown lumpsRelatively largeSoluble in waterIn lotions
Sulfurated limeClear to orange-colored solutionParticles of polysulfides of calcium may be presentSolution of polysulfides of calciumIn lotions or solutions (e.g., Vleminckx’s solution)
Sublimed sulfur: This form of sulfur is produced by direct conversion of crude sulfur from solid phase to gas. The vapor is then condensed to yield a fine yellow powder.63
Precipitated sulfur: This form of sulfur is produced by boiling sublimed sulfur with lime and water and then adding hydrochloric acid, which results in very fine particles. These particles are significantly smaller than the particles of sublimed sulfur. The smaller particle size allows for greater interaction between sulfur and skin, thereby enhancing the therapeutic effect.64
Colloidal sulfur: This form of sulfur has even smaller particles than precipitated sulfur. This is considered to be the most active form of sulfur, although it is not commonly used in dermatologic products.62
Sulfurated potash: This form of sulfur is produced by heating sublimed sulfur with potassium carbonate.
Sulfurated lime: This form of sulfur is formed by boiling a suspension of sublimed sulfur, calcium carbonate, and water. This results in the formation of calcium pentasulfide and calcium thiosulfate.65
Washed sulfur: This form of sulfur is prepared when sublimed sulfur is treated with ammonia and washed with water to remove impurities such as arsenic.63
The various preparations of sulfur lend themselves to various dermatologic therapeutic uses based on the properties of the form of sulfur. Smaller particle sizes are thought to have greater pharmacologic effect because of the greater area available for sulfur–cutaneous interactions. In addition, water and alcohol solubility, as well as particle size, determine the preferred vehicles for the various sulfur preparations.

Both sublimed and precipitated sulfur have US Pharmacopeia official formulations. Precipitated sulfur is the most common form of sulfur used in dermatology.65

atlee7757

It seems that there was a lot of interest early in the last century of Sulfating various volatile oils. The Wondro For One formula seems to compound about 10% Sulfur, while the upper target for saturation back then was around 30-35%.

See this patent for a Pine Oil product for some industrial application, which gives some useful temperature tips:

Method of sulphurizing pine oil and product thereof

United States Patent 2012446

One type of sulphurized base capable of carrying a good percentage of sulphur in a relatively stable form is that produced by combining sulphur and pine oil as originally suggested by U. S. Bureau of Standards Technologic Paper No. 204. It is with improved methods of manufacture of this general type of base, and with the highly improved base so made, as well as the highly improved cutting oils, etc., compounded from such novel base, that this invention is particularly concerned.

The known method of preparing this base is as follows: One part by weight of elementary sulphur, either crude or refined, is placed in a heating vessel. Two parts of pine oil, preferably steam distilled, are then. added to the vessel and heat is applied. As the temperature of the charge rises, the sulphur fuses; when a temperature of approximately 350 F. is reached, ebullition commences and the temperature rapidly rises to about 375 F. The sulphur passes into the pine oil, forming an apparently homogeneous mass.

Heating of the charge is continued for a cooking" period of usually about thirty minutes, the temperature gradually rising until it has reached 400-420 F. It is said to be advantageous to hold the temperature below 475 F.

After the cooking period the hot charge is mixed with about eight times as much lubricating oil (measured by weight) which mixing is carried out at a temperature not below the boiling point of water, and preferably near or above the melting point of sulphur. This process really is composed of two steps. The first is that of preparation of the sulphurized base, and is complete at the end of the "cooking period. The second is that of blending this base with a lubricant. The base prepared by this method, if allowed to stand for several days at ordinary temperatures, or if cooled rapidly, will frequently deposit crystalline sulphur. That is, the base is not stable, although mixtures of it with oil are reasonably stable, and it is for this reason that the final step of preparation is a blending with lubricant before complete cooling of the reaction product

atlee7757

Precipitated sulfur: This form of sulfur is produced by boiling sublimed sulfur with lime and water and then adding hydrochloric acid, which results in very fine particles. These particles are significantly smaller than the particles of sublimed sulfur. The smaller particle size allows for greater interaction between sulfur and skin, thereby enhancing the therapeutic effect.64
This is probably important and argues for using Precipitated Sulfur.

Dave_Fit

Very fascinating read!

Found the Haarlem on Amazon. Amazon product ASIN B01N1UC92NView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1UC92N/ref=crt_ewc_img_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3F4XZH7NMVKKX
Amazon product ASIN B01MY4GIX9View: https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Haarlem-Horses-200ml-Bottle/dp/B01MY4GIX9/ref=pd_sbs_1/145-3001935-7074347?pd_rd_w=0sKLh&pf_rd_p=8b76d7a7-ab83-4ddc-a92d-e3e33bfdbf03&pf_rd_r=MP2RZGMKRWJPF4ZE0DSF&pd_rd_r=8e83413c-3d37-4f9b-bac3-38813b099354&pd_rd_wg=4i9C9&pd_rd_i=B01MY4GIX9&psc=1

Interesting in this thread Flowers Of Sulfur? someone mentioned. I think @charlie, can't remember, that taking the flowers of sulfur made them very thirsty. The link to Haarlem in this thread had this info on usage for horses "Make sure horse has access to plenty of water as there water consumption can increase by 3 times." Amazon also had a capsulated Haarlem but was out of stock.

Last edited:

Ben.

Very fascinating read!

Found the Haarlem on Amazon. Amazon product ASIN B01N1UC92NView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1UC92N/ref=crt_ewc_img_dp_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3F4XZH7NMVKKX
Amazon product ASIN B01MY4GIX9View: https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Haarlem-Horses-200ml-Bottle/dp/B01MY4GIX9/ref=pd_sbs_1/145-3001935-7074347?pd_rd_w=0sKLh&pf_rd_p=8b76d7a7-ab83-4ddc-a92d-e3e33bfdbf03&pf_rd_r=MP2RZGMKRWJPF4ZE0DSF&pd_rd_r=8e83413c-3d37-4f9b-bac3-38813b099354&pd_rd_wg=4i9C9&pd_rd_i=B01MY4GIX9&psc=1

Interesting in this thread Flowers Of Sulfur? someone mentioned. I think @charlie, can't remember, that taking the flowers of sulfur made them very thirsty. The link to Haarlem in this thread had this info on usage for horses "Make sure horse has access to plenty of water as there water consumption can increase by 3 times." Amazon also had a capsulated Haarlem but was out of stock.

Good info about the water!

Not sure if the capsules are the way to go. The digestive track starts in the mouth and i would assume, to cover most surfaces which includes the oesophagus one should take a "spoon" and "eat/swallow" it.

Altough if the taste is to bad for some people this may be a good alternative.

Dave_Fit

Not sure if the capsules are the way to go. The digestive track starts in the mouth and i would assume, to cover most surfaces which includes the oesophagus one should take a "spoon" and "eat/swallow" it.

Agree, just thought I'd share the capsules for those that might not tolerate the liquid/tar.

OP
D

dogtrainer

Thanks for the warning. Good thing I have an electrical socket outside. I will be testing this on my wife, who suffers from IBD and SIBO. It wouldn't work on me because there is nothing to fix.
Please post here her results if she tries it.

atlee7757

The problem probably starts in the oral cavity and then spreads from there, so that should be the place to start.

Ben.

The problem probably starts in the oral cavity and then spreads from there, so that should be the place to start.

Yep!

I am currently reading trough the PDF to better understand this what seems to be like a anti-peat+pro-peat "product".

PROPOSED WONDRO ALTERNATIVE:
• 2 tbsp cold-pressed flax oil
• 2 x 500 mg timed-release N-acetyl-L-cysteine (RESBID)Pour the oil into the egg cup, add the powdered contents of two opened capsules and whiz with a milkfrother to emulsify. Consume in the morning before eating.The result is a suspension of combined sulphur atoms (part of a conditionally-essential amino acidderivative) in healthy essential fatty acids that will coat the alimentary surfaces and yeast membraneswhere it would be immediately available for acetaldehyde binding. There may, of course, be some tradeoff in efficacy here. Each sulphurated linoleic fatty acid (omega-6) molecule (Wondreic acid) potentiallyhas two sulphur-rich acetaldehyde binding sites and each sulphurated linolenic fatty acid (omega-3)molecule (Wondrenic acid) potentially has three, while N-acetyl-L-cysteine (see figure "Sulphur, Sulphur Everywhere") has only one per molecule (see computations in "Just A Teaspoon of Sugar"). While thealternative protocol may be sufficient for an ongoing "maintenance" program, the original sulphurated flaxoil may be more effective initially. They are compatible and may be consumed together, morning andevening, for instance, to capitalize on the merits of both.

So this is interesting. They use N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) as a alternative to the sulphur for scavenging the acetaldehyde. Since they do not heat in that proposal i guess this would also allow for a alternative oil. Perhaps as peatarians we can use realy use oilve oil here since with NAC we do not go for the vulcanisation process of heating and "combining" sulphur with oil here.

Now they obviously say that this is alot less efficient, apparantly 10 times less effective but for maintainance or long term application i believe this to be alot saver. The flaxoil which is highly flammable does sound ... awful to be honest. All that PUFA being cooked by high heat.

Jam

Just purchased a 6-pack of the Lefevre gelcaps, which can be punctured. I have all the ingredients minus the flowers of sulfur, but I figured I should get a handle on the real thing before I begin behaving like a mad scientist,

814pdFjUCZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jam

So the caps for the wife (there's no way she will tolerate straight haarlem oil), and this one for me:

p_1_6_2_0_7_16207-thickbox_default-Huile-de-Haarlem.jpg

OP
D

dogtrainer

Yep!

I am currently reading trough the PDF to better understand this what seems to be like a anti-peat+pro-peat "product".

So this is interesting. They use N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) as a alternative to the sulphur for scavenging the acetaldehyde. Since they do not heat in that proposal i guess this would also allow for a alternative oil. Perhaps as peatarians we can use realy use oilve oil here since with NAC we do not go for the vulcanisation process of heating and "combining" sulphur with oil here.

Now they obviously say that this is alot less efficient, apparantly 10 times less effective but for maintainance or long term application i believe this to be alot saver. The flaxoil which is highly flammable does sound ... awful to be honest. All that PUFA being cooked by high heat.
As I think about trying this more, I think more and more about using olive oil to minimize/avoid the PUFA issue.

Perhaps at the time when wondro was circulating, linseed oil was simply the only option as a feedstock. Olive oil might have been too expensive, or hard to find, etc.

Dave_Fit

@Ben. I read that Amazon banned NAC a few months back, I just searched for it and it doesn't pull any up. It was likely helpful for Cov!d LOL, so it had to go! I have some NAC so may use it as maintenance with a non PUFA oil as you suggest.

Ben.

Follow up with a very mild dose of an herbal or food based Anti-Fungal.

I guess one realy needs to emphasize the very mild part (honey? low/subtle amounts of garlic?)

Page 51:
"The question also arises as to whether the scavenger itself should have antifungal properties. SinceCandida albicans doesn't acquiesce when antifungally challenged, shifting from budding cells to invasivehyphal cells and increasing acetaldehyde emission in other sub-colonies throughout the body, it isprobably better initially if the scavenger is not an antifungal. Then the oral scavenging step can beseparated from the yeast-challenging aspects of the protocol (see "Minimalist Approach to the YeastProblem" and "Yeast Abatement Protocol" in "Astrophysiology... and Yeast") without setting off thesymptom-shifting cascade that appears when the yeast is aggravated. Mopping up acetaldehyde before itcomes into contact with anything essential allows the body to recover from the continuous exposure tothis toxin and to prepare for the more arduous task of actually reducing the yeast colonization levels.Individuals with a long history of chronic disease may need this time to rebuild sufficient stamina tocontinue with the remaining steps of the protocol."

So perhaps its better to not use a natifungal at atll at first, and perhaps use the antifungal (when introduced) later instead of after eating.

Ben.

@Ben. I read that Amazon banned NAC a few months back, I just searched for it and it doesn't pull any up. It was likely helpful for Cov!d LOL, so it had to go! I have some NAC so may use it as maintenance with a non PUFA oil as you suggest.

Yes its insane ... Let us know how you feel on it.

As I think about trying this more, I think more and more about using olive oil to minimize/avoid the PUFA issue.

Perhaps at the time when wondro was circulating, linseed oil was simply the only option as a feedstock. Olive oil might have been too expensive, or hard to find, etc.

Same here. It might be less effective but its alot safer. Regardless tho, i think getting a little bit more vitamin E in during treatment might be not a bad idea (altough at first id try without it as to not falsify the test results).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom