Wondro- an old-time remedy for gut fungus

dogtrainer

Someone discovered an old turn of the century cure with a collection of positive testimonials for various disorders of the stomach. Then wrote a book about it.

Anyone heard of this or tried this?

The purported compound apparently can be easily made by heating flax oil and Precipitated sulfur to form “wondrenic acid.” The resulting molecule has several exposed sulfur atoms that are attractive irreversible binding sites for acetaldehyde, a problematic byproduct of C.albicans. It is a viscous oil that coats the alimentary canal.

He theorizes that if you can lighten the body’s acetaldehyde load first, you can decrease its numbers without directly killing it. As we all know, when challenged by a low sugar diet or by antiFungal agents, Candida can change into its hyphal form and wait it out. One of the ways the hyphae is more able to easily penetrate the gut barrier is in fact through acetaldehyde which weakens the tight junctions.

We have systems in place to take care of acetaldehyde, like what is formed from alcohol. But these enzymes are mainly located in the liver and get easily overwhelmed when faced with a high burden of acetaldehyde from gut Candida production.

Basically acetaldehyde does a whole lot of things that advantage Candida’s survival, and that make you chronically sick while not directly killing you. In the booklet, he even proposes a theory by which acetaldehyde may directly destroy thyroid function by compromising the epithelial cells ability to process TSH.

This seems like an interesting and worthwhile path to explore if you have been burdened by intractable gut issues for a while. If the testimonials of people from the 1930s can believed, then disabling acetaldehyde might be one of those things that can throw a wrench into the disease process and give the body a chance to gain the upper hand against systemic fungal infection.

View: https://www.scribd.com/document/101099776/Wondro-Inside-Out

tankasnowgod

The purported compound apparently can be easily made by heating flax oil and Precipitated sulfur to form “wondrenic acid.” The resulting molecule has several exposed sulfur atoms that are attractive irreversible binding sites for acetaldehyde, a problematic byproduct of C.albicans. It is a viscous oil that coats the alimentary canal.
Never heard of this before, but it seems like it might work.

Is there any reason it has to be flax oil? That's one of the most unsaturated fats out there. Apparently, highly reactive too, it can burst into flame without any sort of spark (flax oil and linseed oil are the same, it just food vs. industrial grade)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yq6VW-c2Ts

Peat speaks of Flowers Of Sulphur having anti fungal properties. Maybe you could try it with coconut oil instead, CO has antibacterial properties, so it might be superior. Something like Olive Oil might be better, too.

OP
D

dogtrainer

Never heard of this before, but it seems like it might work.

Is there any reason it has to be flax oil? That's one of the most unsaturated fats out there. Apparently, highly reactive too, it can burst into flame without any sort of spark (flax oil and linseed oil are the same, it just food vs. industrial grade)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yq6VW-c2Ts

Peat speaks of Flowers Of Sulphur having anti fungal properties. Maybe you could try it with coconut oil instead, CO has antibacterial properties, so it might be superior. Something like Olive Oil might be better, too.

You need the linolenic acid precisely because of its unstable double bonds - that’s where the two sulfur atoms insert themselves.

Coconut oil wouldn’t work as it is virtually all saturated fatty acids that won’t take up sulfur atoms.

I wonder how complete the reaction is though. Is the linolenic acid used up completely in the reaction? I would be suspicious about ingesting Heated unreacted flax oil.

Yes flowers or sulfur is antifungal that’s why people use it to dust plants. But we are configured differently than plants. We would need flowers of sulfur to reach all sites of infection including potentially the colon, and we would need to be on it indefinitely of course, because even one cell of Candida can create a colony in an hour.

According to this guy, though, you’ll never win simply trying to kill Candida albicans. Especially in the doses peat describes - a pinch on the tongue for a couple of days. That might work for two days, and it might work great if your infection site is just the mouth and throat, but might not work at all over the long term in someone with heavy fungal loads. Or if the infection site occurs lower down the GI tract.

I’m talking out my **** here, but I’ve tried flowers of sulfur several times with zero effect positive or negative. Maybe it’s simply because the powder dissolved in the stomach and then is used in bodily process outside the gut, like so many other compounds that we wish would persist to the colon but can’t

What seems different about Wondro is that the substances appears to persist down the length of the digestive tract scavenging acetaldehyde all along the way. I don’t KNOW this, of course this hasn’t been clinically studied. But the liquid looks very viscous and it’s certainly an attractive idea.

The key difference between this guy’s theory and the typical “anti fungal” approach is that he approaches reducing fungal load through a back door mechanism. disable candida’s survival tactics via scavenging toxic acetaldehyde and you advantage your body’s innate ability to keep it in check, and it goes back to “harmless commensal” status.

Mauritio

This sounds very interesting. Do you think taking vitamin E with it would react with the wondrenic acid ? If not it could inhibit at least some of the potential dangers.
Let us know if you'll try it.

tankasnowgod

You need the linolenic acid precisely because of its unstable double bonds - that’s where the two sulfur atoms insert themselves.
Then maybe Olive Oil would work pretty well?

It's mostly Oleic Acid, which does have a double bond. And it's generally about 10% PUFA, too. Might be a safer option.

Mauritio

I can’t read that, it says the connection is not secure and I am scared lol. What does it say, do people think it helps?
It says the same for me, but I just went ahead anyway. It's just curezone.
They say similar things as you said and elaborate on it a little.
I havent read all of it, curezone is such a pain to read.

OP
D

dogtrainer

It says the same for me, but I just went ahead anyway. It's just curezone.
They say similar things as you said and elaborate on it a little.
I havent read all of it, curezone is such a pain to read.

I’m skeptical because at the end of the day, no one knows what was really in Wondro, exactly. But the author seems to believe it was some derivation of sulphurated linseed oil. This was a medical treatment and appears in medical texts for a fleeting time in history.

After searching for a modern lookalike, I found something similar that is still being used to this day for horses (and humans to a lesser extent). It’s called haarlem oil. Instead of sulphurated linseed oil it’s mostly sulphurated pine oil.

DrJ

@dogtrainer This may be the single most interesting thing I've ever seen posted on this forum and that's saying something given how many interesting things are posted on here :). I've already read 3/4 of it and set aside everything I was doing when I found it. Very interesting connections and I think Peat would like it as the author draws upon many subtle connections similar to Peat. Many thanks for posting!

Jam

Then maybe Olive Oil would work pretty well?

It's mostly Oleic Acid, which does have a double bond. And it's generally about 10% PUFA, too. Might be a safer option.
This. I plan on trying tomorrow morning. Excellent thread.

OP
D

dogtrainer

@dogtrainer This may be the single most interesting thing I've ever seen posted on this forum and that's saying something given how many interesting things are posted on here :). I've already read 3/4 of it and set aside everything I was doing when I found it. Very interesting connections and I think Peat would like it as the author draws upon many subtle connections similar to Peat. Many thanks for posting!
I agree; it’s an extremely Intriguing idea. The guy seems intensely smart, and reading some of the other documents he posted on scribd...intensely wacky. Homeopathy, muscle testing, etc.

I wish I had a better grip on biochem. I want to try it, the author seems to think it is totally inert. From everything I’ve read on this forum I think it’s worth it to be scrupulous.

I’ve taken olive oil and taken small pinches of sulfur, but heating them creates new chemicals. Actually, the process of heating sulfur with fats is how you make rubber (vulcanization!)

atlee7757

6 days in:

Very obvious effect: Almost complete disappearance of intestinal irritation/aches and acid reflux from eating.

Intolerance to foods and supplements ( curcumin/turmeric, garlic, i.e. many anti-fungals) has also disappeared.

Also, tongue is going from very white and sore with obvious signs of damage to pink and healing.

Used Flax Seed Oil and Sublimed Sulfur powder in microwave on high for 5mins.

Consuming the resultant gooey black mess is not so difficult. I have been taking less than half a TSP about 1/2 an hour after each meal.

Only problem in making it: the smell is really bad and will invade the entire house and is hard to ventilate. I guess we can call them fumes.

I would be concerned about the potential by-products of this (simple) process having toxicity.

Mauritio

6 days in:

Very obvious effect: Almost complete disappearance of intestinal irritation/aches and acid reflux from eating.

Intolerance to foods and supplements ( curcumin/turmeric, garlic, i.e. many anti-fungals) has also disappeared.

Also, tongue is going from very white and sore with obvious signs of damage to pink and healing.

Used Flax Seed Oil and Sublimed Sulfur powder in microwave on high for 5mins.

Consuming the resultant gooey black mess is not so difficult. I have been taking less than half a TSP about 1/2 an hour after each meal.

Only problem in making it: the smell is really bad and will invade the entire house and is hard to ventilate. I guess we can call them fumes.

I would be concerned about the potential by-products of this (simple) process having toxicity.
Thanks for reporting back.
Maybe you can ask peat about it. Not that he should endorse it, but he might just know more about the chemistry and potentially toxic byproducts.

Jam

Thanks for the warning. Good thing I have an electrical socket outside. I will be testing this on my wife, who suffers from IBD and SIBO. It wouldn't work on me because there is nothing to fix.

atlee7757

I think the treatment protocol should go something like this:

Bait the Fungus with some attractive sugar/starch/alcohol.

Follow up with a very mild dose of an herbal or food based Anti-Fungal.

Then apply the Sulfurated Oil to neutralize the resulting Acetaldehyde.

Keep repeating, but work Slowly and Patiently

Do not provoke the Fungus excessively or you will suffer it's consequences.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom