Women's Experience With Ovarian Cysts

mr.mag

my daughter has a grapefruit size cyst removed a few years ago and is again experiencing pain
I mistakenly steered her to a naturopath that dealt with thyroid, who charged way too much and prescribed way too many supps - so my daughter is not open to my suggestion
If there any women who have had experience with cysts and had success, please let me know
thanks

Nicole W.

my daughter has a grapefruit size cyst removed a few years ago and is again experiencing pain
I mistakenly steered her to a naturopath that dealt with thyroid, who charged way too much and prescribed way too many supps - so my daughter is not open to my suggestion
If there any women who have had experience with cysts and had success, please let me know
thanks
10 or 11 years ago I had a dermoid removed. It was larger than a grapefruit so I essentially had a c-section to remove it which was disappointing after delivering 2 kids vaginally. When they opened the cyst up, there was hair, skin and a few teeth inside. Freaky. I later found out that high estrogen drives these things so I've been really trying to address my estrogen dominance ever since. All the basic strategies offered here really helped in this regard. For me it was mostly about lifestyle changes. I haven't had a problem since.

dookie

10 or 11 years ago I had a dermoid removed. It was larger than a grapefruit so I essentially had a c-section to remove it which was disappointing after delivering 2 kids vaginally. When they opened the cyst up, there was hair, skin and a few teeth inside. Freaky. I later found out that high estrogen drives these things so I've been really trying to address my estrogen dominance ever since. All the basic strategies offered here really helped in this regard. For me it was mostly about lifestyle changes. I haven't had a problem since.

I'm really curious how you did it with lifestyle changes. Did you avoid dairy? Eat some special foods? Without supplements, progesterone ,etc?

Nicole W.

I'm really curious how you did it with lifestyle changes. Did you avoid dairy? Eat some special foods? Without supplements, progesterone ,etc?
I guess that event in my life was a wake up call but it's taken years since then to get my health/ hormones in order. I didn't initially equate the dermoid with a hormone imbalance because my surgeon said that they are relatively harmless and " just happen sometimes". OMG I'm sorry, but there is definitely a reason for growing an ovarian cyst the size of a personal watermelon ( it was 9 inches in diameter) and that reason is not good! So even then, basically knowing nothing about estrogen etc.. I sensed something was wrong and it warranted further research and attention.
During that phase of my life I wasn't feeling all that great and the allopathic system had very little to offer me so I started seeing a naturopath. Even though her views do not entirely align with Ray's, I learned a lot from her and she caused me to examine my lifestyle a little more closely. For example, I'm girly so I was using LOADS of fragrance, lotions, cosmetics with any number of hormone disrupting ingredients. I was eating tons of nuts and beans thinking I was doing myself a favor... going crazy with fish oil. Basically, the same misguided behaviors that others here have committed.
Over the years, I have systematically eliminated things that promote estrogen and added things that support general detoxification and thyroid function. Most these things are the fundamental recommendations you find in this forum. Nothing extraordinary, just a consistent effort to be aware of what goes in or on my body.

My family is French so eliminating dairy is an impossibility for me. We cook with butter, eat cheese everyday, love yogurt and generally do not shy away from dairy. It is a part of our daily diet along with meat, fruit vegetables, bread, rice, potatoes etc... Drinking milk is not something I was raised to do except if it was prepared as a cafe au lait as a child. I still have this a few times a week. My family members have been very long lived. My mom is 92, her dad died at 102, his mom passed when she was 101. On the other side my grandparents lived well past 80. I've always suspected this longevity is due to our cultural penchant for the saturated fats.
As far as supplements go, I do take them. Right now it's just coffee, salt/ sugar, aspirin, vitamin E and progesterone. So far so good. Hopefully these choices and behaviors will mitigate my risk for hormone driven cancers.

Jsaute21

My fiance's close friend has issues with ovarian cysts. As a male this is a subject i am very unfamiliar with. Reading the above posts points to an estrogen imbalance but are there other possible contributors?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals