Wishing this man the best but what can we learn from looking at his markers?

yerrag

I find often the idea that one must “go to the gym” and use extraordinary expensive equipment to build strength or choose the ultimatum of doing nothing is promulgated.

A better balance maybe achieved by cooking and adding work out sets in between watching over food through body weight exercises or simple weight sets. It’s cheap and highly effective, while exercising proprioceptors that are not targeted by using machines with fixed degrees of freedom.

Pushups, squats, lunges, planks, burpees, jumping jacks, and deadlifting a bar or something heavy is effective and can be done while waiting on food on the stove or in the oven.

I used to do exercises following the RCAF's (Royal Canadian Air Force) exercise plan called the 5BX. It was pretty effective. It involved pushups, backstretches, stretches, lunges, jumping jacks, and also a bit of cardio by running/sprinting but it involved about 15 minutes. You didn't need any equipment and the exercises were about finishing sets within a prescribed time. It is based on progressive resistance such that one could go to a higher level.

I should just the will to get started as it's been a while. But my own metabolism is eating up my calories so that gives me less motivation to get back with the program.

But as it is, I am still busy but I'm seeing my muscles start to sag.

yerrag

It progessively reduced the CIMT over the course of the one year treatment with the mean value being a 35% decrease in CIMT at the one-year mark. It‘s interesting to see that the control had a 10% mean increase after one year.

I think it should potentially reduce it further if it is used continuously for the following years.

I honestly don‘t know the exact mechanims by which it unfolds it‘s protective effects.
This is a good summary of pomegranates protective actions on cardiovascular health:

(PubMed)
Thanks. Should be a good read.

InChristAlone

I'd really love to see the forum discuss more about how to avoid atherosclerosis, it hasn't been a huge topic here. But seeing as how it is one the most common ways to die it should be a big topic.

SamYo123

Excess iron and saturated fats, lack of dietary calcium and fiber. Possibly high TMAO.

I’d go on a low fat, high-fiber and high carbohydrates diet with very lean animal protein. Regular blood donations to reduce iron. Coffee with meals. Get your LDL to <70.

Dr. Esselstyn has good results with his nutritional approach for CVD.
TMAO.?

mamakitty

I don't think high cholesterol was the sole [even the predominant] factor for his condition.

I've seen people on keto/carnivore [10+ years] sharing their blood work, getting MRI etc, and everything was in range.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXrdP06tfdw

Interesting! Thanks for sharing this. What do you think caused it though? Was it too much stress from IF and working out?

I’m listening to feldman and @CLASH podcast rn, and they are mentioning something like this.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Interesting! Thanks for sharing this. What do you think caused it though? Was it too much stress from IF and working out?

I’m listening to feldman and @CLASH podcast rn, and they are mentioning something like this.
I think inflammation is the cause. I think cholesterol and calcium comes to mitigate the damage and heal the tissue.
But the cause of inflammation is the reason that we have 1milion different diets because we tend to disagree on that singular thing.

And I think the source of it is not the same for all people. Finding the source by yourself and reducing it will reduce all the inflammation markers [which usually ARE same for everyone] & than you are on a good path I feel.

SamYo123

You are right. Lifted alot when i was younger. The wholebody street workout approach they branded calisthenics at one point is just so much more fun. Combine that with parkour and gymnastic movements and maybe some martial arts is alot more appealing to me. Better fascial fluidity, functionality, stability, posture and propioception build that way. Overall athlethisicm i guess.

However i would give credit to the gym where it is due. The weights and machines there allow for easy access to induce mechanical stimulus for hypertrophy in muscles far beyond what the average person has available at home. It's also a place where like minded people can meet and build social groups.

For people with health issues such as obesity, machines offer joint gentle workouts.
www.functionalpatterns.com

mamakitty

If you're hypothyroid, yes, and getting TSH down to low end of normal or slightly below normal will reduce it.
Yeah, I’m hypo but can’t access t3 or desiccated thyroid. I’m on t4 smallest dose. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the thyroid without t3 or thyroid supplement?

mamakitty

I think inflammation is the cause. I think cholesterol and calcium comes to mitigate the damage and heal the tissue.
But the cause of inflammation is the reason that we have 1milion different diets because we tend to disagree on that singular thing.

And I think the source of it is not the same for all people. Finding the source by yourself and reducing it will reduce all the inflammation markers [which usually ARE same for everyone] & than you are on a good path I feel.
Yes, I do agree with you and I am trying my best to have an anti inflammatory diet and lifestyle. But I think there’s already inflammation within the body from past insults on it.
Thanks for your suggestions, appreciate your input!

mamakitty

Excess iron and saturated fats, lack of dietary calcium and fiber. Possibly high TMAO.

I’d go on a low fat, high-fiber and high carbohydrates diet with very lean animal protein. Regular blood donations to reduce iron. Coffee with meals. Get your LDL to <70.

Dr. Esselstyn has good results with his nutritional approach for CVD.
Two of my older male relatives ate exactly what you described to a t: low fat, high fibre, v lean meat and not excessively, coffee every meal. They both got cardiovascular disease not that old which kept getting worse. One got a stroke in his sixties, the other a couple heart attacks.

In my paleo keto ish days, I obviously blamed all the carbs they were eating their whole lives.
Not arguing or rebutting, but it’s something that stands out to me.

Edit: I should also add, one of them ate plenty of ripe fruits all his life. And they both never ate processed food and barely ever fast food. One cooked with olive oil, the other with canola. But they both used tiny amounts of those oils in cooking because they are staunch believers in low fat.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Two of my older male relatives ate exactly what you described to a t: low fat, high fibre, v lean meat and not excessively, coffee every meal. They both got cardiovascular disease not that old which kept getting worse. One got a stroke in his sixties, the other a couple heart attacks.

In my paleo keto ish days, I obviously blamed all the carbs they were eating their whole lives.

Edit: I should also add, one of them ate plenty of ripe fruits all his life. And they both never ate processed food and barely ever fast food. One cooked with olive oil, the other with canola. But they both used tiny amounts of those oils in cooking because they are staunch believers in low fat.
Peat would say very high phosphorus to calcium which means parathyroid is high and calcium is getting pulled from the bones into the blood.

mamakitty

Peat would say very high phosphorus to calcium which means parathyroid is high and calcium is getting pulled from the bones into the blood.
Very interesting! Thank you for this possible explanation!

Yes, they both do not eat cheese at all because it’s high fat. I’m pushing them to eat more dairy, but man, old people are stubborn.
They both got a lot of sunlight though.?

InChristAlone

Very interesting! Thank you for this possible explanation!

Yes, they both do not eat cheese at all because it’s high fat. I’m pushing them to eat more dairy, but man, old people are stubborn.
They both got a lot of sunlight though.?
Yes vitamin D can help maintain calcium status but if it's not even in the diet that could be the major roadblock.

Perry Staltic

Does heart disease run in their family?

K

Kayaker

Yeah, I’m hypo but can’t access t3 or desiccated thyroid. I’m on t4 smallest dose. Do you have any suggestions on how to improve the thyroid without t3 or thyroid supplement?
Have you looked into online pharmacies that don't require a prescription?

Caffeine and sunlight suppress TSH. Niacinamide and aspirin increase sensitivity to thyroid hormone.

rayban

Yes I did try various things I was doing a protocol with all the oil soluble vitamins A DEK and then there was contradictory arguing on the forum regarding vitamin A being poisonous and vitamin K causing calcification in the arteries.
This sent me into a nervous frenzy I dropped the supplemental try to incorporate foods containing these vitamins i.e. liver organ etc Incorporated with the lean meat. I obviously stopped eating pufa to my best of of my ability years ago... but it is hidden in absolutely everything cakes biscuits not even a big lover of these things but I drove myself mad.
From age 39 after the two stents I was on heavy heart medication for 18 years and during all that time I still have to have more stents and actually had quite a bit of angina I will say 3 times A week.
Very high dose statin and the usual other heart medicines.
Since my bypass surgery in June 2020 I have become very disheartened.. forgive the pun.
I would consider myself definitely hypothyroid but my doctor will not prescribe me anything even when I showed him information from broda Barnes book,
@youngsinatra
i've seen PUFA is on all the bread products i've seen. How can I buy bread without PUFA?

mamakitty

Have you looked into online pharmacies that don't require a prescription?

Caffeine and sunlight suppress TSH. Niacinamide and aspirin increase sensitivity to thyroid hormone.
Yeah, it’s almost impossible to get the meds from online pharmacies because they stop shipments at the border. If the pharmacies ship to Canada to begin with.

I can not tolerate caffeine past noon because it interferes greatly with my sleep. I usually sleep at 9:30 to 10, and if I have even a weak cup of coffee past 11:30 am. I won’t sleep till midnight.

I take aspirin every couple days as well as E semi regularly. But niacinamide makes me feel so bad, especially with food. Like I feel like it’s a heart attack after taking it. I also get hypoglycaemic symptoms, which happens after taking B1. In fact, even a B complex gives me hypoglycaemic symptoms.
I try to get as much sunlight as the great north permits.

Thank you for your suggestions though. I will work on improving where I can.

Back
Top Bottom