Wishing this man the best but what can we learn from looking at his markers?

"How the f*ck did I have three blocked arteries?? I fasted, ate low carb, cut seed oils, did cardio and weights at least 5x a week. End result…. My widow maker was 95% blocked?? thank the Lord I just happened to go to cardiologist after iwatch reported afib"

LINK TO THE TWITTER POST

Take a close look at his blood work...

Attachments

• athero.png
    athero.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 575
  • athero1.jpg
    athero1.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 535
  • athero2.jpg
    athero2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 417
  • athero3.jpg
    athero3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 540

InChristAlone

If he ate low carb he was high fat and some people cannot tolerate high fat without absorbing endotoxin. And that combines with LDL which creates the deposits in the arteries. I could be wrong, but that seems to be a cause of atherosclerosis. LDL is necessary when there's endotoxin. Mine has been creeping up over the yrs so this greatly interests me.

Last edited:

Peatful

He is hypothyroid.
Most evidence in his narrative.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Lipoprotein A is 141, I believe it should be less than 75 and is a marker for increased risk of heart attack

tallglass13

Ray is RIght again, A high 1,25 D is calcification marker. It is more important to have a low 1,25 D and a high 25 OH.

gaze

If joe rogan drops of a heart attack the low carb community is going to collapse

My last lipoprotein (a) test was 350.
First Stents put in at age 39.. Went on to have six more over the years.
First heart attack 2015 second heart attack 2019.

Quadruple bypass surgery in June 2020
Diagnosed with familial hypercholesterolaemia.

I was a heavy smoker and people with FH should never SMOKE especially if there's a suspicion of a clotting disorder which sometimes can come along with FH.

yerrag

Only thing I could gather is that although he says he has cut back on seed oils, it's still hard to avoid PUFAs unless he cooks what he eats, as everywhere one eats one eats PUFAs, especially in the US. I find it hard to balance working out and cooking, so if you work out regularly, chances are you don't have time to cook.

Health by working out or health by eating well are often mutually exclusive. Which is probably why Ray Peat doesn't work out. I am of the same mindset. I bought a home gym but end up not using it and eventually selling it last year.

Besides, even if I had stopped PUFAs for the past 6 years, I would already have accumulated enough plaque on the foam cells built from oxidized LDL coming from PUFAs, and those would cause any section in the coronary artery to be narrow from the bulge inward within the arterial walls.

If the blood is filled with sludge and its flow is slow, such as from tissue destruction (oxidative stress on tissues contributing to the sludge-tissues include red blood cells and platelets as well as organ tissues), it would be detected in sensors such as ECGs and in his case his Apple watch).

Its not only foam cells that form plaque in the media section of an artery, but colonies of bacteria protected by biofilm.

He is hypothyroid.
Most evidence in his narrative.

Most evidence in his eyebrows tbh. But yeah, so am I, and the majority of the population. It's hard to fix.

I thought Vitamin D & K2 would be enough to prevent calcification in most cases.

Also, he "cut seed oils" yet still believes Omega 3's are healthy and takes those. Well.

gaze

Its quite clear a low carb, high meat, high iron, extra high protein diet is very pro-inflammatory. Just going on thyroid is not enough to stop the damage from going carnivore.

youngsinatra

Excess iron and saturated fats, lack of dietary calcium and fiber. Possibly high TMAO.

I’d go on a low fat, high-fiber and high carbohydrates diet with very lean animal protein. Regular blood donations to reduce iron. Coffee with meals. Get your LDL to <70.

Dr. Esselstyn has good results with his nutritional approach for CVD.

Peatful

Most evidence in his eyebrows tbh. But yeah, so am I, and the majority of the population. It's hard to fix.

I thought Vitamin D & K2 would be enough to prevent calcification in most cases.

Also, he "cut seed oils" yet still believes Omega 3's are healthy and takes those. Well.
I should explain:

He is unnaturally lean
Half eyebrows, yes

But his body is under great stress.
Fasting. Cardio. Dietary restriction with low carb. And thinks supplements will help him?

When you’re body is under such stress your cortisol is high- and thyroid is low.

We see visitors all the time on this forum coming in with the same hx - which leads to a list of problems.
This guy kept his hair!- but f’d up his heart.

And his labs support this.
His body has metabolically adapted- in not a good way- but in the only way it knew how with what he was putting into it (food, lack of food, supplements) and doing to it (cardio, fasting).

Doesn’t say how many years it took to get there.
He only got these more detailed labs because he got an afib reading.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

My last lipoprotein (a) test was 350.
First Stents put in at age 39.. Went on to have six more over the years.
First heart attack 2015 second heart attack 2019.

Quadruple bypass surgery in June 2020
Diagnosed with familial hypercholesterolaemia.

I was a heavy smoker and people with FH should never SMOKE especially if there's a suspicion of a clotting disorder which sometimes can come along with FH.
That‘s frightening. Do you take cholesterol-lowering medication?
Did you change your diet for your condition?
Dr. Esselstyn has huge success with dietary interventions for even end-stage heart disease.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Omega 3 (lipid radicals) + low carb (perhaps not enough antioxidants from fruit) = free radical damage leading to endothelial damage & cholesterol deposition

Stress (fasting, low carb, perhaps other sources) + high vit D1 (calcification) = poor repair of artery wall, meaning no plaque regression.

His eye brows aren't really thin and he has a good set of hair. Perhaps the process expedited recently with his covid supplementation regimen.

youngsinatra

Omega 3 (lipid radicals) + low carb (perhaps not enough antioxidants from fruit) = free radical damage leading to endothelial damage & cholesterol deposition

Stress (fasting, low carb, perhaps other sources) + high vit D1 (calcification) = poor repair of artery wall, meaning no plaque regression.

His eye brows aren't really thin and he has a good set of hair. Perhaps the process expedited recently with his covid supplementation regimen.
But his omega 3 saturation is really low, while the omega 6 saturation is high. We know from data that higher omega-3 index are cardioprotective.

Elie

Forum Supporter
But his omega 3 saturation is really low, while the omega 6 saturation is high. We know from data that higher omega-3 index are cardioprotective.
Right.
He mentioned having started taking omega 3 supps to protect against covid.
Regardless, We know that the lipid peroxidation effect of either is significant.

Yes I did try various things I was doing a protocol with all the oil soluble vitamins A DEK and then there was contradictory arguing on the forum regarding vitamin A being poisonous and vitamin K causing calcification in the arteries.
This sent me into a nervous frenzy I dropped the supplemental try to incorporate foods containing these vitamins i.e. liver organ etc Incorporated with the lean meat. I obviously stopped eating pufa to my best of of my ability years ago... but it is hidden in absolutely everything cakes biscuits not even a big lover of these things but I drove myself mad.
From age 39 after the two stents I was on heavy heart medication for 18 years and during all that time I still have to have more stents and actually had quite a bit of angina I will say 3 times A week.
Very high dose statin and the usual other heart medicines.
Since my bypass surgery in June 2020 I have become very disheartened.. forgive the pun.
I would consider myself definitely hypothyroid but my doctor will not prescribe me anything even when I showed him information from broda Barnes book,
@youngsinatra

Back
Top Bottom