Wisconsin Man, 64, Eats His 30,000TH McDonald's Big Mac

stargazer1111

Wisconsin man, 64, eats his 30,000TH McDonald's Big Mac after consuming two each day for more than four

“..... Gorske says his cholesterol and blood pressure are normal despite having eaten at least one of the 540-calorie fast food burgers almost every day for the past four decades.

He suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and has kept almost every receipt for every Big Mac he's purchased.

While the price has jumped from $0.75 in the 70s to $3.57 today, Gorske would have spent an estimated $80,000 on the fast food hamburgers in the last 46 years.

'A person like me, I just don't change too much,' he said after hitting the 25,000 mark in 2011. 'It's pretty much two Big Macs a day.'

He's only gone without the burgers for a handful of days, and even keeps them in his freezer just in case.”

Wisconsin man known as the 'Big Mac Daddy' eats his 30,000th McDonald's hamburger | Daily Mail Online

I know this is old, but I suspect this is because he avoids the fries. The fries are fried in toxic PUFA-rich oils. The burgers are not. Although the buns have a very tiny amount of vegetable oil in them, it only amounts to a few total grams of fat, only half of which is PUFA. The rest of the fat is beef fat.

His diet is actually somewhat Peaty since he eats mostly those burgers and soda. Not exactly Peaty, but it's very low in PUFA and high in sugar. The wheat isn't ideal, though.

I think his cholesterol is actually far too low. The majority of the evidence I have seen shows an all-cause mortality being lowest at 233 mg/dl of total cholesterol.

Low cholesterol is also associated with much higher rates of dementia.

EDIT: If McDonald's still uses the same oil that they rolled out when the following article was published, a small serving of fries only has 3.2 g of PUFA in it. That's actually not terribly high all things considered, although I'm sure the medium has something like 6 and the large something close to 9. One serving once in a while wouldn't kill you.

McDonald's to trim harmful fats in its french fries

For me, I eat a combination of Kettle Brand chips and Boulder Coconut oil chips. The Kettle Brand chips use a combo of canola, safflower, and sunflower oil, but there is only 1 g of PUFA per serving, so they are actually not that bad.

Last edited:
Hum.. he drinks coke only. So that's probably 3 to 4 liters of coke per day, which contain around 350 grams of sucrose. Aside from the PUFA( which are likely the reason why his cholesterol is low) and the all the chemicals that enhance flavour in the burgers, he's getting protein, saturated fat, sugar and caffeine, as well as minerals and vitamins that they add to the burgers nowadays. Not bad! I find it very interesting that he avoids the fries.

rei

Fast food burgers are not all that bad, especially if you take ones with no sauces. Double cheeseburger is pretty much the only thing i order. Two beef patties, cheese, some onion, ketchup and pickles in a slim bun. Pretty healthy.

RobertJM

You will find all McDonnalds food on cronometer believe it or not.

By typing in the various things I discovered that the quarter pounder had a fairly small amount of PUFA in it. Well, roughly 2-3g. And you can lower that further by telling them to leave the sauce out (and you can just request ketchup and/or gherkins instead).

The hamburgers and cheeseburgers (although lame) also have low PUFA.

A steak and cheese subway is also low in PUFA. I would have it with flatbread as it seemed to be the least toxic bread they’ve got (although let’s face it, it’s all GMO shite).

I’m not recommending people here eat at these places but if you are on the road and you don’t have food with you, and you need to eat something ‘substantial’, getting a McDonnalds might be your only option.

So I eat it sometimes. But yeah, never EVER the fries or the other things that are soaked in toxic PUFA grease.

The ice creams they do are full of gums and toxic additives, but again, I think they are fairly on the low side of PUFA (as most ice creams are), according to the cronometer.

And of course these places do coke and coffee.

Back
Top Bottom